• Help.

I hope that at last, a member of the team will pick this up and actually do something. I had a dual fuel account with PP until late last year. In November I had a heat pump fitted and the last of my gas appliances removed. I therefore contacted PP and had my gas meter removed so there would be no standing charge. That was done on approximately December 13th.

My electricity account switched to a new provider in early December. I then found that I could not use the app, presumably as I had no account with PP. However my account is in credit. I received an email today telling me what my anticipated usage for the next year will be and telling me what my bills are up to March, 3 months after I left. All I want is the money back that I am in credit for and an account telling me how that has been arrived at. I do not know whether I am still being charged anything, although I have cancelled the direct debit. There is the possibility that my credit balance is being reduced by spurious charges. I am not making any accusations but I have no information and do not know what is happening.
  • I hope that at last, a member of the team will pick this up and actually do something. I had a dual fuel account with PP until late last year. In November I had a heat pump fitted and the last of my gas appliances removed. I therefore contacted PP and had my gas meter removed so there would be no standing charge. That was done on approximately December 13th.

My electricity account switched to a new provider in early December. I then found that I could not use the app, presumably as I had no account with PP. However my account is in credit. I received an email today telling me what my anticipated usage for the next year will be and telling me what my bills are up to March, 3 months after I left. All I want is the money back that I am in credit for and an account telling me how that has been arrived at. I do not know whether I am still being charged anything, although I have cancelled the direct debit. There is the possibility that my credit balance is being reduced by spurious charges. I am not making any accusations but I have no information and do not know what is happening.

• Hi there

Probably best to start by explaining that a post here is a communication to Pure Planet customers - many of whom will be more than willing to help. But if you want to communicate with Pure Planet directly, you need to go to Help, click on Wattbot, put 'message the team'in the subject box, and someone will get back to you, usually within two working days.

It may also be worth noting that I am pretty sure that cancelling the direct debit will prevent PP from easily refunding your credit.

Presumably you sent Pure Planet your final meter reading? I know that when you send it to your new supplier there is a system for agreeing the switch reading that can take up to six weeks, but that should have happened by now.

Again, presumably you are now paying your new supplier. You definitely won't have to pay twice for the same energy!

So I think you will be best to 'message the team' and I'm sure they will sort it out.

Best of luck!
    Stephen
  • Hi there

Probably best to start by explaining that a post here is a communication to Pure Planet customers - many of whom will be more than willing to help. But if you want to communicate with Pure Planet directly, you need to go to Help, click on Wattbot, put 'message the team'in the subject box, and someone will get back to you, usually within two working days.

It may also be worth noting that I am pretty sure that cancelling the direct debit will prevent PP from easily refunding your credit.

Presumably you sent Pure Planet your final meter reading? I know that when you send it to your new supplier there is a system for agreeing the switch reading that can take up to six weeks, but that should have happened by now.

Again, presumably you are now paying your new supplier. You definitely won't have to pay twice for the same energy!

So I think you will be best to 'message the team' and I'm sure they will sort it out.

Best of luck!
    Stephen

• He can't he no longer has a working app.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    Hi there

Best of luck!
    Stephen
  • He can't he no longer has a working app.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    Hi there

Best of luck!
    Stephen

• hi Speedy, if you cancelled the DD PP can't refund you because they won't know where to pay the refund.
    As you don't have the app, send a personal message to marc the community manager (settings top right and send new message lhs) or click HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyZZR View Post
    I hope that at last, a member of the team will pick this up and actually do something. I had a dual fuel account with PP until late last year. In November I had a heat pump fitted and the last of my gas appliances removed. I therefore contacted PP and had my gas meter removed so there would be no standing charge. That was done on approximately December 13th.

• hi Speedy, if you cancelled the DD PP can't refund you because they won't know where to pay the refund.
    As you don't have the app, send a personal message to marc the community manager (settings top right and send new message lhs) or click HERE

• Hi. Thank you for attempting to help. Unfortunately, when I click where indicated it takes me to creating a new message but there is no name listed and I have ho idea how to address the message I need to send.
  • Hi. Thank you for attempting to help. Unfortunately, when I click where indicated it takes me to creating a new message but there is no name listed and I have ho idea how to address the message I need to send.

• Hi @SpeedyZZR
    Thanks for posting.
    I've flagged this with our Member services team. It's being sorted now and the refund will be with you in about 10 working days.

Cheers @stephenrand @woz for helping out and for the heads-up
    Community Manager - Pure Planet
  • Hi @SpeedyZZR
    Thanks for posting.
    I've flagged this with our Member services team. It's being sorted now and the refund will be with you in about 10 working days.

Cheers @stephenrand @woz for helping out and for the heads-up

• hi speedy, although you don't need it now, there should be a "send to" box in which you would type the intended recipient's name.
    Was there one? (for my benefit)
    Hi. Thank you for attempting to help. Unfortunately, when I click where indicated it takes me to creating a new message but there is no name listed and I have ho idea how to address the message I need to send.
  • hi speedy, although you don't need it now, there should be a "send to" box in which you would type the intended recipient's name.
    Was there one? (for my benefit)
    Hi. Thank you for attempting to help. Unfortunately, when I click where indicated it takes me to creating a new message but there is no name listed and I have ho idea how to address the message I need to send.

• Well, we move on. I had an e-mail yesterday saying that my direct debit had failed and that someone would be calling me. This is the direct debit I cancelled when I left three months ago.

This afternoon I received a call from a guy whose name I did not catch, but it doesn't matter as he made a point of saying that all calls are recorded.

By the way, there obviously are telephone lines as he called me on one. He told me again that my direct debit had failed and asked how I intended to pay. I obviously replied that I didn't intend to pay as I had left PP three months before. He then told me that my account was still live and they were supplying my gas and electricity. I pointed out that they had removed my gas meter in December and that I had been paying my new electricity supplier since early December. He then said I needed to speak to my new supplier as they should not be taking payments from. I told him that all I wanted was to get back the money I am owed. He replied by, frankly, lying to me by saying I could not have a refund unless a direct debit was set up. I pointed out that they could send a cheque or I would give my account details to get a refund but that there was no need to set up a direct debit at all. He said someone more senior would call me at some point in the future.

The caller was condescending and attached no importance to any of my points. All he wanted to do was follow his own agenda.

Can I please just have back the money I am owed?
  • Well, we move on. I had an e-mail yesterday saying that my direct debit had failed and that someone would be calling me. This is the direct debit I cancelled when I left three months ago.

This afternoon I received a call from a guy whose name I did not catch, but it doesn't matter as he made a point of saying that all calls are recorded.

By the way, there obviously are telephone lines as he called me on one. He told me again that my direct debit had failed and asked how I intended to pay. I obviously replied that I didn't intend to pay as I had left PP three months before. He then told me that my account was still live and they were supplying my gas and electricity. I pointed out that they had removed my gas meter in December and that I had been paying my new electricity supplier since early December. He then said I needed to speak to my new supplier as they should not be taking payments from. I told him that all I wanted was to get back the money I am owed. He replied by, frankly, lying to me by saying I could not have a refund unless a direct debit was set up. I pointed out that they could send a cheque or I would give my account details to get a refund but that there was no need to set up a direct debit at all. He said someone more senior would call me at some point in the future.

The caller was condescending and attached no importance to any of my points. All he wanted to do was follow his own agenda.

• Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyZZR View Post
    Well, we move on. I had an e-mail yesterday saying that my direct debit had failed and that someone would be calling me. This is the direct debit I cancelled when I left three months ago.

Hi Speedy

You are obviously very frustrated, and I can understand you wanting to get this resolved.

To be fair, things moved on two days ago when a staff member posted here and said "I've flagged this with our Member services team. It's being sorted now and the refund will be with you in about 10 working days."

If the phone call was definitely from someone at Pure Planet (there are elements of what you describe that make it sound more like a scam) then it certainly wasn't very helpful - I just wondered if you have replied to the email you were sent? It might just be a quicker way of resolving things than posting here? Or was it a no-reply email address?

And just in case it's of use, you can check who the suppliers think is supplying your electricity by calling the number for your region:

North Scotland 0345 026 2554
    Central and South Scotland 0330 1010 300
    North East England 0845 6013 268
    North West England 0870 7510 093
    Eastern England 0845 6015 467
    Southern England 0845 0262 554
    South West England, South Wales, West & East Midlands 0845 6015 972
    South East England 0845 6015 467
    London 0845 601 5467
    Yorkshire 0845 070 7172
    Merseyside, Cheschire, North Shropshire & North Wales 033 0101 0300

Hope you get it resolved soon
    Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyZZR View Post
    Well, we move on. I had an e-mail yesterday saying that my direct debit had failed and that someone would be calling me. This is the direct debit I cancelled when I left three months ago.

Hi Speedy

You are obviously very frustrated, and I can understand you wanting to get this resolved.

To be fair, things moved on two days ago when a staff member posted here and said "I've flagged this with our Member services team. It's being sorted now and the refund will be with you in about 10 working days."

If the phone call was definitely from someone at Pure Planet (there are elements of what you describe that make it sound more like a scam) then it certainly wasn't very helpful - I just wondered if you have replied to the email you were sent? It might just be a quicker way of resolving things than posting here? Or was it a no-reply email address?

And just in case it's of use, you can check who the suppliers think is supplying your electricity by calling the number for your region:

North Scotland 0345 026 2554
    Central and South Scotland 0330 1010 300
    North East England 0845 6013 268
    North West England 0870 7510 093
    Eastern England 0845 6015 467
    Southern England 0845 0262 554
    South West England, South Wales, West & East Midlands 0845 6015 972
    South East England 0845 6015 467
    London 0845 601 5467
    Yorkshire 0845 070 7172
    Merseyside, Cheschire, North Shropshire & North Wales 033 0101 0300

Hope you get it resolved soon
    Stephen

• Hi @SpeedyZZR
    Sorry to hear this.
    Tom from our Member services team can see that your gas was disconnected and you should have had a final bill.
    He's sorting this out for you right now.
  • Hi @SpeedyZZR
    Sorry to hear this.
    Tom from our Member services team can see that your gas was disconnected and you should have had a final bill.
    He's sorting this out for you right now.