• White Meter

I am surprised that white meters don’t seem to be available any longer.
    I have an EV snd charge my car overnight so it would make sense for suppliers to tap into this seam and encourage EV owners to come to them to take cheaper tarrif overnight rates.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I am surprised that white meters don’t seem to be available any longer.
    I have an EV snd charge my car overnight so it would make sense for suppliers to tap into this seam and encourage EV owners to come to them to take cheaper tarrif overnight rates.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Best Answer

Hi clysurv.
    Hello and welcome.
    No more white meters, as far as im aware they were a seperate meter used in rural areas usually scotland to provide a cheap tariff all day to run a heating system.
    You can get an economy 7 style tariff with a couple of suppliers who have a lower night rate for EV users but this is offset by a much higher day rate which for most people means no savings and quite often works out to be more expensive.
  • Hi clysurv.
    Hello and welcome.
    No more white meters, as far as im aware they were a seperate meter used in rural areas usually scotland to provide a cheap tariff all day to run a heating system.
    You can get an economy 7 style tariff with a couple of suppliers who have a lower night rate for EV users but this is offset by a much higher day rate which for most people means no savings and quite often works out to be more expensive.