• Meter readings

I keep getting estimated readings when I send my readings in before the date required
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I keep getting estimated readings when I send my readings in before the date required
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi, it depends when you submit your readings. For example, If you submit them 2 days before your payment date, PP will estimate the usage for the last 3 days, but use your readings for the rest of the month.*
    When PP request my readings , I don't send my readings until the last day possible. Ie PP say they need them by 1st, I send mine 31st. And mine are not being estimated.*
    However, when you submit your next ones, previous ones will be adjusted. Hope this helps.
  • Hi, it depends when you submit your readings. For example, If you submit them 2 days before your payment date, PP will estimate the usage for the last 3 days, but use your readings for the rest of the month.*
    When PP request my readings , I don't send my readings until the last day possible. Ie PP say they need them by 1st, I send mine 31st. And mine are not being estimated.*
    However, when you submit your next ones, previous ones will be adjusted. Hope this helps.

• Hi JB376,

Welcome to the community.

Yep, your not alone and in my opinion works well by just rounding up a day or so's average usage from your actual readings. So in theory it's close as you can get noting your from and to statement dates.

Statement Shows
    Start of the month last months readings - close to actual estimate - or actual if your that Good on timing!
    Your Actual Reading after being prompted or not...review this date to your closing statement date
    Closing readings as per start of the month
    (PP's system averaging the little extra bit wich in money terms is a few pence)
    Its fairly spot on unless for some reason the readings are not consistent.

Sorry for waffling.
  • Hi JB376,

Welcome to the community.

Yep, your not alone and in my opinion works well by just rounding up a day or so's average usage from your actual readings. So in theory it's close as you can get noting your from and to statement dates.

Statement Shows
    Start of the month last months readings - close to actual estimate - or actual if your that Good on timing!
    Your Actual Reading after being prompted or not...review this date to your closing statement date
    Closing readings as per start of the month
    (PP's system averaging the little extra bit wich in money terms is a few pence)
    Its fairly spot on unless for some reason the readings are not consistent.

Sorry for waffling.

• hi JB376
    As long as the readings you've submitted appear on the statement this isn't a problem. It's just the extra days between your submission date and the statement date being added as an estimate. Chances are the estimate is very close anyway if it's only a few days.
    Check that the actual readings are there.

Quote Originally Posted by JB376 View Post
    I keep getting estimated readings when I send my readings in before the date required
  • hi JB376
    As long as the readings you've submitted appear on the statement this isn't a problem. It's just the extra days between your submission date and the statement date being added as an estimate. Chances are the estimate is very close anyway if it's only a few days.
    Check that the actual readings are there.

• Thanks all.I think I'll try Angelabikerbabe's method. Seems as though I'm not getting overcharged after all!
    JB376
  • Thanks all.I think I'll try Angelabikerbabe's method. Seems as though I'm not getting overcharged after all!
    JB376

• Hi @JB376,

I do the same as @Angelabikerbabe, then there's no estimated units on your bill, just the units you have used.
  • Hi @JB376,

I do the same as @Angelabikerbabe, then there's no estimated units on your bill, just the units you have used.

• Even if there were estimated readings on the bill you wouldn't be being overcharged, you will only pay for what you use - it corrects the balance every time you submit a reading which appears on the bill, any subsequent estimated days will correct the next time...
    It really does not matter at all if you have a few estimated days on the statement as long as you submit readings once a month (ans as Angela says a day or 2 after the reminder's best.
    Thanks all.I think I'll try Angelabikerbabe's method. Seems as though I'm not getting overcharged after all!
    JB376
  • Even if there were estimated readings on the bill you wouldn't be being overcharged, you will only pay for what you use - it corrects the balance every time you submit a reading which appears on the bill, any subsequent estimated days will correct the next time...
    It really does not matter at all if you have a few estimated days on the statement as long as you submit readings once a month (ans as Angela says a day or 2 after the reminder's best.
    Thanks all.I think I'll try Angelabikerbabe's method. Seems as though I'm not getting overcharged after all!
    JB376