• Monthly payments change!

We Joined Pure Planet in November last year. I did my research, it appeared to be a risk but one worth taking. My wife's comments were, you know what you're doing so as long as you think its right... We all know what that means....

Anyway - Roll on 3 months and what pops up in my inbox, a notification that Pure Planet need to adjust my monthly payments... DOWNWARDS.... I meand DOWNWARDS, that is a first for me. Now we moved from British Gas, who on the day we left sent us a letter cheerfully noting that our payments would need to go up...

The amount that we are saving in the actual cost of gas and electricity supply is one thing but just from the monthly amount we would be paying to British Gas compared to what we now pay to Pure Planet is saving us over Β£1200 a year...

So, as long as Pure Planet keeps doing what it's doing then I am one happy chap.

Good luck and keep us all happy.

Oh and well done British Gas, for losing yet another customer...
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • We Joined Pure Planet in November last year. I did my research, it appeared to be a risk but one worth taking. My wife's comments were, you know what you're doing so as long as you think its right... We all know what that means....

Anyway - Roll on 3 months and what pops up in my inbox, a notification that Pure Planet need to adjust my monthly payments... DOWNWARDS.... I meand DOWNWARDS, that is a first for me. Now we moved from British Gas, who on the day we left sent us a letter cheerfully noting that our payments would need to go up...

The amount that we are saving in the actual cost of gas and electricity supply is one thing but just from the monthly amount we would be paying to British Gas compared to what we now pay to Pure Planet is saving us over Β£1200 a year...

So, as long as Pure Planet keeps doing what it's doing then I am one happy chap.

Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Brilliant to hear Knobby πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, a very warm welcome to this community for all us members, hope you’ll love spending time here πŸ‘
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Brilliant to hear Knobby πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, a very warm welcome to this community for all us members, hope you’ll love spending time here πŸ‘
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

• Hi knobby
    Glad you're happy but...
    for the purposes of future negotiation and married harmony I'd reduce your Β£1200 a year estimate by quite a lot.
    2 reasons,
    1. It's too good to be true unless you live in a gigantic or badly insulated house even with BG prices there is no way you were paying Β£1200 a year more (is my guess)
    2. You will gain further wife points by revising it upward in the future, for which you need some leeway so don't burn all your powder at once
    (of course your name being what it is the gain in wifely points may not be required...)

I'd check my meter readings if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by Knobby View Post
    We Joined Pure Planet in November last year. I did my research, it appeared to be a risk but one worth taking. My wife's comments were, you know what you're doing so as long as you think its right... We all know what that means....

• Hi knobby
    Glad you're happy but...
    for the purposes of future negotiation and married harmony I'd reduce your Β£1200 a year estimate by quite a lot.
    2 reasons,
    1. It's too good to be true unless you live in a gigantic or badly insulated house even with BG prices there is no way you were paying Β£1200 a year more (is my guess)
    2. You will gain further wife points by revising it upward in the future, for which you need some leeway so don't burn all your powder at once
    (of course your name being what it is the gain in wifely points may not be required...)

I'd check my meter readings if I were you.

• Entertaining read all the same but β€˜ wise words Woz πŸ‘πŸ˜‚
  • Entertaining read all the same but β€˜ wise words Woz πŸ‘πŸ˜‚

• Nice reply made me laugh!
  • Nice reply made me laugh!

• HI Woz, The numbers do in fact stack up, it's not about meter readings, it's more about how much British Gas is trying to rip customers off. Had we stayed with BG and accepted its inflation-busting increase because we were about to transfer to "standard" tariff, the yearly saving i mentioned is correct.
  • HI Woz, The numbers do in fact stack up, it's not about meter readings, it's more about how much British Gas is trying to rip customers off. Had we stayed with BG and accepted its inflation-busting increase because we were about to transfer to "standard" tariff, the yearly saving i mentioned is correct.

• Hi @Knobby,

What a great post from you. We all love saving money and here at the community we love to hear about it.
    I'm sure you won't be disappointed with PP.
  • Hi @Knobby,

What a great post from you. We all love saving money and here at the community we love to hear about it.
    I'm sure you won't be disappointed with PP.

• that’s a lot, happy to hear it!
    HI Woz, The numbers do in fact stack up, it's not about meter readings, it's more about how much British Gas is trying to rip customers off. Had we stayed with BG and accepted its inflation-busting increase because we were about to transfer to "standard" tariff, the yearly saving i mentioned is correct.
  • that’s a lot, happy to hear it!
    HI Woz, The numbers do in fact stack up, it's not about meter readings, it's more about how much British Gas is trying to rip customers off. Had we stayed with BG and accepted its inflation-busting increase because we were about to transfer to "standard" tariff, the yearly saving i mentioned is correct.

• Good news Knobby and happy jovial posts
  • Good news Knobby and happy jovial posts