Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

• Pure Planet Community Q&A with head of smart meters rollout Leyton Jones

Hi everyone

I’m Leyton and I’m heading up the rollout of 2nd generation smart meters for Pure Planet Members.

Right now we’re piloting a small number of smart installations to PP staff and to Members of the community.

Our community manager @Marc has been posting regular updates here in the smart meters section and we’ve also got a place to register your interest if you want to get involved in testing.

We’ve also got a growing number of FAQs we’re putting together for Members which you can check out here.

Once we’re done with the testing and start installing them in Members’ homes, we’ll be adding to these with lots more useful info about installations and appointments.

Smart meters can send accurate data about your energy usage directly to us, so you won’t need to take manual meter readings or rely on estimates.

They also give you real-time information about your energy use, so you can find ways to use less and save money.

I thought it would be useful to our Members to answer any other questions you may have about smart meters here in the community.

You might have questions about the technology, or maybe the time it takes to install one, or how they work once you’ve got one. Whatever your question is, I’ll try my best to get you an answer!

@Marc will collate your replies below over the next week or two - then we’ll close this thread and I’ll come back with answers for you.

We’ve found this Q&A format worked well recently when co-founder Chris Alliott took questions from the Community about how we buy your energy.

I’m looking forward to seeing your questions! Don’t be shy.

• Hi everyone

I’m Leyton and I’m heading up the rollout of 2nd generation smart meters for Pure Planet Members.

Right now we’re piloting a small number of smart installations to PP staff and to Members of the community.

Our community manager @Marc has been posting regular updates here in the smart meters section and we’ve also got a place to register your interest if you want to get involved in testing.

We’ve also got a growing number of FAQs we’re putting together for Members which you can check out here.

Once we’re done with the testing and start installing them in Members’ homes, we’ll be adding to these with lots more useful info about installations and appointments.

Smart meters can send accurate data about your energy usage directly to us, so you won’t need to take manual meter readings or rely on estimates.

They also give you real-time information about your energy use, so you can find ways to use less and save money.

I thought it would be useful to our Members to answer any other questions you may have about smart meters here in the community.

You might have questions about the technology, or maybe the time it takes to install one, or how they work once you’ve got one. Whatever your question is, I’ll try my best to get you an answer!

@Marc will collate your replies below over the next week or two - then we’ll close this thread and I’ll come back with answers for you.

We’ve found this Q&A format worked well recently when co-founder Chris Alliott took questions from the Community about how we buy your energy.

I’m looking forward to seeing your questions! Don’t be shy.