• How do you like your toast?

Sometimes nothing beats two slices of toast.

Before we even get to the big Marmite v Jam debate, there's the small matter of how toasty do you toast it?

I'm an F7 man. I can't believe that there are people in the world who would go for any of the A's.

Name:  What toast are you.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  46.3 KB
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Sometimes nothing beats two slices of toast.

Before we even get to the big Marmite v Jam debate, there's the small matter of how toasty do you toast it?

I'm an F7 man. I can't believe that there are people in the world who would go for any of the A's.

Name:  What toast are you.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  46.3 KB
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• ♨️🚒🚒.
    Had it this well done once. I blamed carlsberg for that one.
  • ♨️🚒🚒.
    Had it this well done once. I blamed carlsberg for that one.
  • E5, but not feeling the bread..And can hear lots of A option thinking
  • E5, but not feeling the bread..And can hear lots of A option thinking
  • G7 but soooooo had to take smoke alarm battery out! I’m not joking! Don’t shout at me! Doing my head in 🔊🔊🔊🔊every damn time made toast 😂😂😂. Keep telling self to put it back in 🔋🔥🔥🔥
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • G7 but soooooo had to take smoke alarm battery out! I’m not joking! Don’t shout at me! Doing my head in 🔊🔊🔊🔊every damn time made toast 😂😂😂. Keep telling self to put it back in 🔋🔥🔥🔥

WALT WHITMAN
  • In the H5 to I6 area. Just not quite needing scraped. Just a touch of butter, which must go on when the toast is hot, and rhubarb & ginger marmalade.
  • In the H5 to I6 area. Just not quite needing scraped. Just a touch of butter, which must go on when the toast is hot, and rhubarb & ginger marmalade.
  • Hey Oabank..you're way ahead...lets get the toast sorted, then there's the right bread, then there's Bev's smoke alarm where it's a kitchen and you can't cook..that's why I put a damp cloth on it to cook the (occasional sustainable) perfect steak.
    Then how much energy is the extractor using..should it be used or just a nice feature.

Sorry I'm in a really daft silly and happy mood today.
    Good day Y'all
    Last edited by Strutt G; 01-03-19 at 13:59.
  • Hey Oabank..you're way ahead...lets get the toast sorted, then there's the right bread, then there's Bev's smoke alarm where it's a kitchen and you can't cook..that's why I put a damp cloth on it to cook the (occasional sustainable) perfect steak.
    Then how much energy is the extractor using..should it be used or just a nice feature.

Good day Y'all
  • Right, the right bread: I don't relish the bowel scouring wholegrain stuff, but 50/50 wholemeal/strong white flour makes great bread and toast.

Kitchen smoke: Scrap the smoke alarm and fit a 'rate of rise' temperature detector. That's what we put in.

The perfect steak: I know some people who like their steaks so rare a half decent vet would have the animal back on its feet in a couple of days.
    Me? I like a well marbled, dry aged for a month, steak (not fillet). Cooked from room temperature, that's important. Seared on both sides in a very hot pan then turn down and cooked until the juices run clear; 5-6 minutes tops. I don't eat steak very often when eating out: disappointed too many times.

Our extractor takes the fumes outside so the neighbours can enjoy the smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Hey Oabank..you're way ahead...lets get the toast sorted, then there's the right bread, then there's Bev's smoke alarm where it's a kitchen and you can't cook..that's why I put a damp cloth on it to cook the (occasional sustainable) perfect steak.

Good day Y'all
  • Right, the right bread: I don't relish the bowel scouring wholegrain stuff, but 50/50 wholemeal/strong white flour makes great bread and toast.

Kitchen smoke: Scrap the smoke alarm and fit a 'rate of rise' temperature detector. That's what we put in.

The perfect steak: I know some people who like their steaks so rare a half decent vet would have the animal back on its feet in a couple of days.
    Me? I like a well marbled, dry aged for a month, steak (not fillet). Cooked from room temperature, that's important. Seared on both sides in a very hot pan then turn down and cooked until the juices run clear; 5-6 minutes tops. I don't eat steak very often when eating out: disappointed too many times.

Our extractor takes the fumes outside so the neighbours can enjoy the smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Hey Oabank..you're way ahead...lets get the toast sorted, then there's the right bread, then there's Bev's smoke alarm where it's a kitchen and you can't cook..that's why I put a damp cloth on it to cook the (occasional sustainable) perfect steak.

Good day Y'all
  • I’m veggie Oaky but you got the LIKE as your post soooooo made me larf 😂😂😂😂😂👍

WALT WHITMAN
  • I’m veggie Oaky but you got the LIKE as your post soooooo made me larf 😂😂😂😂😂👍

WALT WHITMAN
  • Spot on OB...MR for me, but agree with all the prep, choose the product and cook the Product, very hot thick bottomed pan for searing, the timing is key. Only one factor I (not you) need to consider scotch Beef...
    And a classic French Claret or Argi Malbec...
  • Spot on OB...MR for me, but agree with all the prep, choose the product and cook the Product, very hot thick bottomed pan for searing, the timing is key. Only one factor I (not you) need to consider scotch Beef...
    And a classic French Claret or Argi Malbec...
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post

@Marc - A9 looks looks about the same as F7! I'm E2 myself

For F7 and darker, don't forget to have a look here:

https://www.nhs.uk/news/cancer/warni...s-cancer-risk/
    Last edited by Lenny; 01-03-19 at 17:10.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post

@Marc - A9 looks looks about the same as F7! I'm E2 myself

For F7 and darker, don't forget to have a look here:

https://www.nhs.uk/news/cancer/warni...s-cancer-risk/
  • What happened to F5? Did it get squashed?
    What's the difference between Rhubarb and Ginger jam and Rhubarb and Ginger marmalade?

I wonder if marmalade is a man thing...do females eat marmalade?
    I think this needs a poll...
    Last edited by woz; 02-03-19 at 01:14.
  • What happened to F5? Did it get squashed?
    What's the difference between Rhubarb and Ginger jam and Rhubarb and Ginger marmalade?

I wonder if marmalade is a man thing...do females eat marmalade?
    I think this needs a poll...
  • Marc do you enjoy scraping? Too much carbon on F7 for me E5, happy days. Topped with cottage cheese sprinkled with cracked black pepper.
  • Marc do you enjoy scraping? Too much carbon on F7 for me E5, happy days. Topped with cottage cheese sprinkled with cracked black pepper.
  • E3 for me please with a nice cup of tea
  • E3 for me please with a nice cup of tea
  • wimp, I had you as a G6...
    (marmalade or jam?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    E3 for me please with a nice cup of tea
  • wimp, I had you as a G6...
    (marmalade or jam?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    E3 for me please with a nice cup of tea
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    wimp, I had you as a G6...
    (marmalade or jam?)
    @woz neither - just butter for me thanks ☺
    Last edited by Scubaseahorse; 04-03-19 at 07:57. Reason: Mistake
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    wimp, I had you as a G6...
    (marmalade or jam?)
    @woz neither - just butter for me thanks ☺
  • Wrong bread aside,
    I've looked at this again with a more flexible approach.
    I would accept 30% as being reasonably acceptable.

Let's get serious.
    Thick cut classic orange Marmalade with a high fruit content, but 2 slices one with and one with just butter or 1 slice halved the same.
    got to be tea with toast.
    Last edited by Strutt G; 04-03-19 at 08:32.
  • Wrong bread aside,
    I've looked at this again with a more flexible approach.
    I would accept 30% as being reasonably acceptable.

Let's get serious.
    Thick cut classic orange Marmalade with a high fruit content, but 2 slices one with and one with just butter or 1 slice halved the same.
    got to be tea with toast.
  • A4 for me.

What’s the point in effectively eating dust? I bet you people eat steak like leather too. You don’t deserve good food
  • A4 for me.

What’s the point in effectively eating dust? I bet you people eat steak like leather too. You don’t deserve good food
  • Hey Jowl, Dude! You get out of the wrong side this morning re you people.....etc etc
    For me I eat GOOD food, whole some rustic with a multitude of ingredients and styles.
    Not feeling the bread, A4 works for me..but prefer a little more tinge.
  • Hey Jowl, Dude! You get out of the wrong side this morning re you people.....etc etc
    For me I eat GOOD food, whole some rustic with a multitude of ingredients and styles.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Hey Jowl, Dude! You get out of the wrong side this morning re you people.....etc etc
    It was purely being mischeivous - no offence meant.

Unless you have your steak well done My Dad always liked stuff well done - I just don't undertand why you'd want to take all the flavour away. And I say that as a person who prefers 'dry' food to sauces, gravy and things.

Although I'm not a foodie really. I could live on Cheese and Bournon biscuits.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Hey Jowl, Dude! You get out of the wrong side this morning re you people.....etc etc
    It was purely being mischeivous - no offence meant.

Unless you have your steak well done My Dad always liked stuff well done - I just don't undertand why you'd want to take all the flavour away. And I say that as a person who prefers 'dry' food to sauces, gravy and things.

Although I'm not a foodie really. I could live on Cheese and Bournon biscuits.
  • Hello Jowl,

First of all I had my chump badge on yesterday.
    I'll take the baton...on getting out the wrong side...sorry dude.

Re the occaidional sustainable steak.
    Red hot pan, searing cook no longer than medium rare...English Mustard and if feeling fragile Dijon.

Is that cheese on Bourbon biscuits?
    Last edited by Strutt G; 07-03-19 at 20:14.
  • Hello Jowl,

First of all I had my chump badge on yesterday.
    I'll take the baton...on getting out the wrong side...sorry dude.

Re the occaidional sustainable steak.
    Red hot pan, searing cook no longer than medium rare...English Mustard and if feeling fragile Dijon.

Is that cheese on Bourbon biscuits?