• Incorrect initial meter readings

Although i have submitted initial meter readings accompanied by photographic evidence, they are showing incorrectly on the app, please advise?
  • Although i have submitted initial meter readings accompanied by photographic evidence, they are showing incorrectly on the app, please advise?

• hi Tom
    this isn't unusual, it's because the readings have to go to a 3rd party for verification, which can take quite a few weeks or sometimes even longer. Once the readings are verified, the verified numbers (which may not be the numbers you submitted as they can be adjusted to take the date into account) will appear on the statement and the balance will be corrected. If the readings are out of agreed tolerance (I think it's 109 cu.m gas 250kWh electric) you can dispute them.
    You won't pay for the same energy twice, and have you had a final bill from your previous supplier yet?
    If they are a really long way out go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and submit a query. Replies aren't instant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom052 View Post
    Although i have submitted initial meter readings accompanied by photographic evidence, they are showing incorrectly on the app, please advise?
  • hi Tom
    this isn't unusual, it's because the readings have to go to a 3rd party for verification, which can take quite a few weeks or sometimes even longer. Once the readings are verified, the verified numbers (which may not be the numbers you submitted as they can be adjusted to take the date into account) will appear on the statement and the balance will be corrected. If the readings are out of agreed tolerance (I think it's 109 cu.m gas 250kWh electric) you can dispute them.
    You won't pay for the same energy twice, and have you had a final bill from your previous supplier yet?
    If they are a really long way out go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and submit a query. Replies aren't instant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom052 View Post