• Team Responses to Queries

My experience has not been good. I get a text message saying the Team have replied to my query with a link to PP. But it just takes you to the opening WhatBot page. With no instructions about how to access the Team’s response. What has been the Community’s experience of this method of dealing with potentially serious queries?
  • My experience has not been good. I get a text message saying the Team have replied to my query with a link to PP. But it just takes you to the opening WhatBot page. With no instructions about how to access the Team’s response. What has been the Community’s experience of this method of dealing with potentially serious queries?
  • Hi Wirralian,

Just a thought and might not be the solution. Have you just used the APP to return to wattBot to review the message from team rather than use the link on the Text. I use an iPad for the PP APP.

I get the text on the phone advising message and when I open wattBot on the iPad all historic messages and responses are there.
    Sorry I've rambled on..
    Last edited by Strutt G; 26-02-19 at 22:48.
  • Hi Wirralian,

Just a thought and might not be the solution. Have you just used the APP to return to wattBot to review the message from team rather than use the link on the Text. I use an iPad for the PP APP.

I get the text on the phone advising message and when I open wattBot on the iPad all historic messages and responses are there.
    Sorry I've rambled on..
  • Quote Originally Posted by Wirralian View Post
    My experience has not been good. I get a text message saying the Team have replied to my query with a link to PP. But it just takes you to the opening WhatBot page. With no instructions about how to access the Team’s response. What has been the Community’s experience of this method of dealing with potentially serious queries?
    Hi @Wirralian
    To see your old messages in WattBot make sure you're logged into your Pure Planet app
    Community Manager - Pure Planet
    Hi @Wirralian
    To see your old messages in WattBot make sure you're logged into your Pure Planet app
  • I am. It happens automatically. Still can’t see the reply.
  • I am. It happens automatically. Still can’t see the reply.
  • Have you tried deleting the APP then reinstalling...just another guess...and does resolve some glitches..
  • Have you tried deleting the APP then reinstalling...just another guess...and does resolve some glitches..
  • I am trying to progress a potential overcharging claim. I can’t access the Team’s replies. My only course of action now is to register a complaint. At least I get my one phone call.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Have you tried deleting the APP then reinstalling...just another guess...and does resolve some glitches..
    Tried this still no joy.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Wirralian,

Sorry I've rambled on..
    I get the text on my iPhone and click on the link and it just takes me to the standard wattBot page even though I am logged in. I have the PP app on my iPhone and iPad.
  • I am trying to progress a potential overcharging claim. I can’t access the Team’s replies. My only course of action now is to register a complaint. At least I get my one phone call.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried deleting the APP then reinstalling...just another guess...and does resolve some glitches..
    Tried this still no joy.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Wirralian,

Sorry I've rambled on..
    I get the text on my iPhone and click on the link and it just takes me to the standard wattBot page even though I am logged in. I have the PP app on my iPhone and iPad.
  • Hi Wirralian,

Explain what you mean by overcharging claim?

I guess you read your welcome pack attachment and how the seasonal DD's are charged in advance etc etc. PP carry out DD adjustments twice a year.

Anyway that does not resolve the reason why you cannot see the teams response.
    When you used wattBot...you first typed "Message the Team" you posted your question...you got a text within 2 days advising message response by the team available which was not there following your original question..and you can see your original question?

Perhaps the community can assist with advice regarding your claim first...allowing a little more time for Marc to respond and if this fails proceed to the complaints form...your shout...lots of peeps ready to assist
  • Hi Wirralian,

I guess you read your welcome pack attachment and how the seasonal DD's are charged in advance etc etc. PP carry out DD adjustments twice a year.

When you used wattBot...you first typed "Message the Team" you posted your question...you got a text within 2 days advising message response by the team available which was not there following your original question..and you can see your original question?

Perhaps the community can assist with advice regarding your claim first...allowing a little more time for Marc to respond and if this fails proceed to the complaints form...your shout...lots of peeps ready to assist
  • Hi @Wirralian
    I've checked this out with our Member services team. The query they got from you in chat was why are there four lots of Membership fees on your statement, instead of two (one per each fuel).
    The reason is because earlier this month we reduced the Membership fee from £8.50 per month, per fuel, to £8.
    It's calculated as a daily rate, so what you're seeing on your statement for each fuel is the number of days at the old rate, and the number of days at the new rate.

Your had another query about your solar panels. We're not quite ready to facilitate a feed-in tariff. We supply properties with energy that have FITs, but they will not be taken into account in our charges.

The 3rd query was about readings and estimates. We got a your meter reading on 19 February and an estimate was produced for the remainder of the billing period - up to 22 February. Your statements have been produced using your readings. As you submit more readings over time your estimates become more and more accurate.

Hope that helps. I don't know why you're not seeing the messages in WattBot. It was taken offline earlier this week so that may be behind it.
  • Hi @Wirralian
    I've checked this out with our Member services team. The query they got from you in chat was why are there four lots of Membership fees on your statement, instead of two (one per each fuel).
    The reason is because earlier this month we reduced the Membership fee from £8.50 per month, per fuel, to £8.
    It's calculated as a daily rate, so what you're seeing on your statement for each fuel is the number of days at the old rate, and the number of days at the new rate.

Your had another query about your solar panels. We're not quite ready to facilitate a feed-in tariff. We supply properties with energy that have FITs, but they will not be taken into account in our charges.

The 3rd query was about readings and estimates. We got a your meter reading on 19 February and an estimate was produced for the remainder of the billing period - up to 22 February. Your statements have been produced using your readings. As you submit more readings over time your estimates become more and more accurate.

Hope that helps. I don't know why you're not seeing the messages in WattBot. It was taken offline earlier this week so that may be behind it.
  • Thanks for eventually getting a response to me. The most important query you haven’t responded to. I suspect that the meter I am giving you the Readings from is not measuring my consumption correctly. Resulting in me being overcharged. I have asked for the meter to be checked. Please can you arrange for an engineer to visit and check it out. I didn’t mention FIT. I know you don’t offer it so I have gone with BG. What I did say was that I have just installed 6.4kW of PV panels and a 5kWh battery, to make the point that my consumption from the grid is extremely low. This is not reflected in the readings from the consumer unit. Also I made the point that only 2 people live in the house and over the last month we were away most of the time. I sent screenshots from the battery supplier’s app in support of this. You haven’t discussed this either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @Wirralian

The surgery on wattBot hasn’t sorted out the response problem for me.
  • Thanks for eventually getting a response to me. The most important query you haven’t responded to. I suspect that the meter I am giving you the Readings from is not measuring my consumption correctly. Resulting in me being overcharged. I have asked for the meter to be checked. Please can you arrange for an engineer to visit and check it out. I didn’t mention FIT. I know you don’t offer it so I have gone with BG. What I did say was that I have just installed 6.4kW of PV panels and a 5kWh battery, to make the point that my consumption from the grid is extremely low. This is not reflected in the readings from the consumer unit. Also I made the point that only 2 people live in the house and over the last month we were away most of the time. I sent screenshots from the battery supplier’s app in support of this. You haven’t discussed this either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @Wirralian

• hi Wirralian
    If your meter is not taking into account your solar generation then i would have thought you ought to have the installation checked by whoever installed the solar generation?
    Do you have a second meter measuring your f i t generation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirralian View Post
    Thanks for eventually getting a response to me. The most important query you haven’t responded to. I suspect that the meter I am giving you the Readings from is not measuring my consumption correctly. Resulting in me being overcharged. I have asked for the meter to be checked. Please can you arrange for an engineer to visit and check it out. I didn’t mention FIT. I know you don’t offer it so I have gone with BG. What I did say was that I have just installed 6.4kW of PV panels and a 5kWh battery, to make the point that my consumption from the grid is extremely low. This is not reflected in the readings from the consumer unit. Also I made the point that only 2 people live in the house and over the last month we were away most of the time. I sent screenshots from the battery supplier’s app in support of this. You haven’t discussed this either.

- - - Updated - - -

• hi Wirralian
    If your meter is not taking into account your solar generation then i would have thought you ought to have the installation checked by whoever installed the solar generation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirralian View Post
    Thanks for eventually getting a response to me. The most important query you haven’t responded to. I suspect that the meter I am giving you the Readings from is not measuring my consumption correctly. Resulting in me being overcharged. I have asked for the meter to be checked. Please can you arrange for an engineer to visit and check it out. I didn’t mention FIT. I know you don’t offer it so I have gone with BG. What I did say was that I have just installed 6.4kW of PV panels and a 5kWh battery, to make the point that my consumption from the grid is extremely low. This is not reflected in the readings from the consumer unit. Also I made the point that only 2 people live in the house and over the last month we were away most of the time. I sent screenshots from the battery supplier’s app in support of this. You haven’t discussed this either.

- - - Updated - - -

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi Wirralian
    The consumer meter PP are using is installed at the point where the mains from the grid enters the house. It is this meter which needs checking. I am guessing consumer units measure volts and amps to calculate watts consumed from the grid. But can it differentiate between volts and amps being imported from volts and amps being exported. The solar panel installer has installer has installed a meter which measures the watts being generated by the panels. The system also records watts imported from the grid and watts exported to the grid.
    hi Wirralian
    The consumer meter PP are using is installed at the point where the mains from the grid enters the house. It is this meter which needs checking. I am guessing consumer units measure volts and amps to calculate watts consumed from the grid. But can it differentiate between volts and amps being imported from volts and amps being exported. The solar panel installer has installer has installed a meter which measures the watts being generated by the panels. The system also records watts imported from the grid and watts exported to the grid.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @Wirralian
    Still can’t see the old messages in WattBot. What is being done to resolve this?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Wirralian,

Thank you for trying to help, but the explanation of why I think I may have been overcharged, is more involved than your explanation which I already understand. PP have finally got involved and listening to me. Watch this space for their responses.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @Wirralian
    Still can’t see the old messages in WattBot. What is being done to resolve this?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Wirralian,

Thank you for trying to help, but the explanation of why I think I may have been overcharged, is more involved than your explanation which I already understand. PP have finally got involved and listening to me. Watch this space for their responses.
  • Hi Wirralian,
    Big thanks to you too and I am watching with interest.
    I agree your setup is involved and is too intricate for me to understand.
    I wish you well and look forward to your situ being resolved.
    Keepon keepin on and it will get sorted.
  • Hi Wirralian,
    Big thanks to you too and I am watching with interest.
    I agree your setup is involved and is too intricate for me to understand.
    I wish you well and look forward to your situ being resolved.
    Keepon keepin on and it will get sorted.
    Hi Wirralian
    I was looking over your posts, and while I can't help you find your answers from Wattbot, I don't think anyone has picked up that you originally mentioned that you were using a smart meter.

First generation smart meters don't switch when you switch supplier (and don't cope with solar panels either), so you have to take your reading manually. Have a look at this:
    https://community.purepla.net/thread...and-other-FAQs

That reading should only measure the energy that you are taking from the grid if the wiring was done correctly. I would enter that reading as soon as possible, and hopefully that will solve the problem.

I hope so!

Best of luck
    Stephen
    Hi Wirralian
    I was looking over your posts, and while I can't help you find your answers from Wattbot, I don't think anyone has picked up that you originally mentioned that you were using a smart meter.

First generation smart meters don't switch when you switch supplier (and don't cope with solar panels either), so you have to take your reading manually. Have a look at this:

That reading should only measure the energy that you are taking from the grid if the wiring was done correctly. I would enter that reading as soon as possible, and hopefully that will solve the problem.

I hope so!

Best of luck
    Stephen
  • Hi Stephen
    that's precisely why I suggested asking the installer.
    There is also a possibility that if the meter is reading correctly, but the install is incorrect that wirralian could be charged for the check, some do charge if the meter is found to be in spec- I suppose it's to discourage spurious complaints.
    Also I believe if correctly installed, smart meters are quite capable of coping with solar installations - perhaps mr smart knows more?
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    Hi Wirralian

I hope so!

Best of luck
    Stephen
    Last edited by woz; 01-03-19 at 00:52.
  • Hi Stephen
    There is also a possibility that if the meter is reading correctly, but the install is incorrect that wirralian could be charged for the check, some do charge if the meter is found to be in spec- I suppose it's to discourage spurious complaints.
    Also I believe if correctly installed, smart meters are quite capable of coping with solar installations - perhaps mr smart knows more?
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    Hi Wirralian

I hope so!

Best of luck
    Stephen
    Hi Stephen
    Hi Woz

Will be interesting to see what others say. My memory was that when my previous supplier wanted to fit a smart meter they backed off when they found out I had solar panels.

I've just found this online: "Smart meters and solar panels “should be decoupled” following a number of functionality issues, according to the Solar Trade Association (STA).

The STA reports that SMETS1 devices do not have the export recording functionality to link to the Data Communications Company, meaning solar panel technology was incompatible for some customers."
    https://utilityweek.co.uk/sta-warns-...els-decoupled/

Not specifically helping our friend Wirralian, but an important question.
    Best wishes
    Stephen
    Hi Stephen
    Hi Woz

Will be interesting to see what others say. My memory was that when my previous supplier wanted to fit a smart meter they backed off when they found out I had solar panels.

I've just found this online: "Smart meters and solar panels “should be decoupled” following a number of functionality issues, according to the Solar Trade Association (STA).

The STA reports that SMETS1 devices do not have the export recording functionality to link to the Data Communications Company, meaning solar panel technology was incompatible for some customers."
    https://utilityweek.co.uk/sta-warns-...els-decoupled/

Not specifically helping our friend Wirralian, but an important question.
    Best wishes
    Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    Hi Wirralian

I hope so!

Best of luck
    Stephen
    In what way do smart meters not cope with solar panels?

- - - Updated - - -

Just spotted this article. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/09/households-solar-panels-risk-overcharged-smart-meters/
  • Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    Hi Wirralian

I hope so!

Best of luck
    Stephen
    In what way do smart meters not cope with solar panels?

- - - Updated - - -

Just spotted this article. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/09/households-solar-panels-risk-overcharged-smart-meters/