• Taking the New York Times' British-Irish Dialect Quiz

Have you seen the New York Times' British-Irish dialect quiz?

This is pretty good - they've got it spot on for me! You have to answer 25 questions about words you used when growing up.

There's actually people in the PP office who use the word 'daps' to mean trainers

Here's a link to the quiz on the New York Times website.

I've screengrabbed my results:

Name:  UK map dialect.JPG
Views: 305
Size:  36.6 KB
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Have you seen the New York Times' British-Irish dialect quiz?

This is pretty good - they've got it spot on for me! You have to answer 25 questions about words you used when growing up.

There's actually people in the PP office who use the word 'daps' to mean trainers

Here's a link to the quiz on the New York Times website.

I've screengrabbed my results:

Name:  UK map dialect.JPG
Views: 305
Size:  36.6 KB

• My kinda thing! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Too fab for words! Results almost spot on ya bugger! Loved loved loved that beauty!

Name:  965E088C-E9BD-4244-91B6-E8300591B387.png
Views: 240
Size:  363.6 KB
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • My kinda thing! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Too fab for words! Results almost spot on ya bugger! Loved loved loved that beauty!

Name:  965E088C-E9BD-4244-91B6-E8300591B387.png
Views: 240
Size:  363.6 KB

WALT WHITMAN
  • Are you from Manchester or Birmingham @Bev ???

• Are you from Manchester or Birmingham @Bev ???

• Neither πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, just impressed it put me somewhere near the Midlands! Fab quiz πŸ‘πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Neither πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, just impressed it put me somewhere near the Midlands! Fab quiz πŸ‘πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Yes I did it @Marc. Spot on for me too.
  • Yes I did it @Marc. Spot on for me too.
  • The NYT is a great news paper, but I must do this test again once I've recovered from shock
  • The NYT is a great news paper, but I must do this test again once I've recovered from shock
  • haha...there's no hiding it now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    The NYT is a great news paper, but I must do this test again once I've recovered from shock
  • haha...there's no hiding it now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    The NYT is a great news paper, but I must do this test again once I've recovered from shock
  • Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Note according to POTUS. "Fake News, Fake News!"

The quiz was spot on as far as I'm concerned. I'm bit surprised as, having Scots / English parentage, my vocabulary is laced with southern English words and phrases.
    Note according to POTUS. "Fake News, Fake News!"

The quiz was spot on as far as I'm concerned. I'm bit surprised as, having Scots / English parentage, my vocabulary is laced with southern English words and phrases.
    I must do this test again once I've recovered from shock
    Hahaha what happened the first time @Strutt G

I must do this test again once I've recovered from shock
    Hahaha what happened the first time @Strutt G

• Ok was born and live on the outskirts of East London, but in Essex. Purchased my first house in East London where my partner is from who has been calling me a country boy for ever. Ok my mother was Cornish. Result said...Bath, Exiter and Taunton.
  • Ok was born and live on the outskirts of East London, but in Essex. Purchased my first house in East London where my partner is from who has been calling me a country boy for ever. Ok my mother was Cornish. Result said...Bath, Exiter and Taunton.
  • Hmmm i guess this is fairly accurate then. Most of my days spent in 3 main areas, watford, peterborough and dorset. But now in berkshire.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • Hmmm i guess this is fairly accurate then. Most of my days spent in 3 main areas, watford, peterborough and dorset. But now in berkshire.
    Attached Images Attached Images