• Why does my monthly membership fee show as being £31.08 for electricity and another £31.08 for gas

On my statement is shows my “monthly membership fee” as being £31.08 for electricity and another £31.08 for gas which doesn’t seem right at all.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • On my statement is shows my “monthly membership fee” as being £31.08 for electricity and another £31.08 for gas which doesn’t seem right at all.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Chlpr View Post
    On my statement is shows my “monthly membership fee” as being £31.08 for electricity and another £31.08 for gas which doesn’t seem right at all.
    Hi @Chlpr
    Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.
    I've moved your post to a new thread (also FYI @Gabolino) as it's a good question and I think other Members will find it useful too.
    Your statement is covering the period 10 October to 9 February. It's likely to be a consolidated bill (when bills are recalculated due to new info, such as meter readings).
    More info here from our FAQs.

Hope that helps! Happy to keep chatting of course.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Chlpr View Post
    Hi @Chlpr
    Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.
    I've moved your post to a new thread (also FYI @Gabolino) as it's a good question and I think other Members will find it useful too.
    Your statement is covering the period 10 October to 9 February. It's likely to be a consolidated bill (when bills are recalculated due to new info, such as meter readings).
    More info here from our FAQs.

Hope that helps! Happy to keep chatting of course.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Nop, it doesn't sound right to me either. If I were you I'd create a new thread adding a bit more detail about this. Im pretty sure we'll find out why.
    Nop, it doesn't sound right to me either. If I were you I'd create a new thread adding a bit more detail about this. Im pretty sure we'll find out why.

• Thanks Marc, that's useful. By the way, I often see membership fees changing slightly from month to month (just a few cents up and down). So, could be £8.10 or £8.30, is that tax related?
  • Thanks Marc, that's useful. By the way, I often see membership fees changing slightly from month to month (just a few cents up and down). So, could be £8.10 or £8.30, is that tax related?

• hi gab
    no it’s related to the no of days used for the calculation, and it’s a right royal pitb, as impossible to reconcile on a spreadsheet! (or i’m too stupid to work out how to get it exact, my calculations are always 10p out!
    I forgot to add there will be a further complication now with the fee drop to £8.00 as some statements will have both prices on due to span of bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabolino View Post
    Thanks Marc, that's useful. By the way, I often see membership fees changing slightly from month to month (just a few cents up and down). So, could be £8.10 or £8.30, is that tax related?
  • hi gab
    no it’s related to the no of days used for the calculation, and it’s a right royal pitb, as impossible to reconcile on a spreadsheet! (or i’m too stupid to work out how to get it exact, my calculations are always 10p out!
    I forgot to add there will be a further complication now with the fee drop to £8.00 as some statements will have both prices on due to span of bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabolino View Post
    Thanks Marc, that's useful. By the way, I often see membership fees changing slightly from month to month (just a few cents up and down). So, could be £8.10 or £8.30, is that tax related?

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi gab
    no it’s related to the no of days used for the calculation
    Nice one @woz
    Hope that helps explain it for you @Gabolino ?

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi gab
    no it’s related to the no of days used for the calculation
    Nice one @woz

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Nice one @woz
    Yes, all makes sense! Gracias.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Nice one @woz
    Yes, all makes sense! Gracias.