• Smart meters update 14 February 2019 - first installations done

Hi all

As it’s been a couple of weeks since I last posted an update in the community about our smart meters rollout, here’s a summary of what’s been happening since then.

We’ve successfully installed our first half-dozen 2nd generation smart meters (aka SMETS2). Data around energy use and cost is coming through and we’re currently working on getting that in the app as well as into monthly statements.

Name:  Pure Planet smart meter in home display.jpg
Views: 2388
Size:  518.8 KB

We want you to have a smooth smart meter experience once we start installing meters in larger numbers, so we’re working closely with our installees to find out what they did and didn’t like as part of the install process. We’re then going to use this feedback as we install with another small group and see how they feel about the improved process.

As well testing hardware, the next pilots will be a test of the communications we send to Members before and after the installation is carried out.

When and where will the next pilot phases take place?

When suppliers were rolling out SMETS1 meters, they encountered a lot of problems installing to some of the remoter parts of the UK - especially in the North and in Scotland. To tackle this for SMETS2, the energy industry has used different technologies in the North, Central, and South regions of the UK, so that the greatest number of people can connect to the network.

We’re going to split our next pilots into these geographical areas, north and south, so we can make sure that both of these technologies work well in the installation process.

Next month (March) we’ll install about 20 smart meters in the north. Followed in April by a similar number in the south.

As with other suppliers, we’re reliant on the availability of the smart meters hardware, so timings may change. After that we’ll be able to offer smart meters to all Members. It’s likely that Members on the Priority Services Register will be offered them first.

If you’re up for being part of testing add your name and location over here.

Those who will be taking part in the second pilot phase will be getting DMs from me in the community, followed by emails with more info about the date and time of your appointment.

That's it for now. New updates will be posted in this smart meters section of the Pure Planet Community!

Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi all

As it’s been a couple of weeks since I last posted an update in the community about our smart meters rollout, here’s a summary of what’s been happening since then.

We’ve successfully installed our first half-dozen 2nd generation smart meters (aka SMETS2). Data around energy use and cost is coming through and we’re currently working on getting that in the app as well as into monthly statements.

Name:  Pure Planet smart meter in home display.jpg
Views: 2388
Size:  518.8 KB

We want you to have a smooth smart meter experience once we start installing meters in larger numbers, so we’re working closely with our installees to find out what they did and didn’t like as part of the install process. We’re then going to use this feedback as we install with another small group and see how they feel about the improved process.

As well testing hardware, the next pilots will be a test of the communications we send to Members before and after the installation is carried out.

When and where will the next pilot phases take place?

When suppliers were rolling out SMETS1 meters, they encountered a lot of problems installing to some of the remoter parts of the UK - especially in the North and in Scotland. To tackle this for SMETS2, the energy industry has used different technologies in the North, Central, and South regions of the UK, so that the greatest number of people can connect to the network.

We’re going to split our next pilots into these geographical areas, north and south, so we can make sure that both of these technologies work well in the installation process.

Next month (March) we’ll install about 20 smart meters in the north. Followed in April by a similar number in the south.

As with other suppliers, we’re reliant on the availability of the smart meters hardware, so timings may change. After that we’ll be able to offer smart meters to all Members. It’s likely that Members on the Priority Services Register will be offered them first.

If you’re up for being part of testing add your name and location over here.

Those who will be taking part in the second pilot phase will be getting DMs from me in the community, followed by emails with more info about the date and time of your appointment.

That's it for now. New updates will be posted in this smart meters section of the Pure Planet Community!

• Under which section does the Midlands come for the installation of the meters come as my debt is increasing every month !!
  • Under which section does the Midlands come for the installation of the meters come as my debt is increasing every month !!

• Will a smart meter reduce your debt!!??
  • Will a smart meter reduce your debt!!??

• Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    Will a smart meter reduce your debt!!??
    Not directly - but you should have more information on your energy useage so you can adjust accordingly. It also saves you sending meter readings and you'll get an accurate bill.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking forward to the next round. I hope I'm still classed as North up here in South Yorks. None of that midlands rubbish
  • Quote Originally Posted by stephenrand View Post
    Will a smart meter reduce your debt!!??
    Not directly - but you should have more information on your energy useage so you can adjust accordingly. It also saves you sending meter readings and you'll get an accurate bill.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking forward to the next round. I hope I'm still classed as North up here in South Yorks. None of that midlands rubbish

• Quote Originally Posted by Nichollspj View Post
    Under which section does the Midlands come for the installation of the meters come as my debt is increasing every month !!
    Good question @Nichollspj
    Midlands falls under south. The 'border' is Manchester.

• Quote Originally Posted by Nichollspj View Post
    Under which section does the Midlands come for the installation of the meters come as my debt is increasing every month !!
    Good question @Nichollspj
    Midlands falls under south. The 'border' is Manchester.

• hi Nichollspj
    sorry to be blunt, but a smart meter won't stop your debt increasing unless you switch things off, and you don't need a smart meter to do that.
    It's grim up-north...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichollspj View Post
  • hi Nichollspj
    sorry to be blunt, but a smart meter won't stop your debt increasing unless you switch things off, and you don't need a smart meter to do that.
    It's grim up-north...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichollspj View Post

• What about those of us with SMET2 meters already from other providers?
  • What about those of us with SMET2 meters already from other providers?

• Quote Originally Posted by Jowl View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    None of that midlands rubbish
    hey! Mind ya language! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by Jowl View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    None of that midlands rubbish
    hey! Mind ya language! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN

• Only 20 for the whole of the North? Fingers crossed I'm selected then!
  • Only 20 for the whole of the North? Fingers crossed I'm selected then!

• Hi I would like to be considered for the pilot for the smart meter please. I live in Fife, Scotland
  • Hi I would like to be considered for the pilot for the smart meter please. I live in Fife, Scotland

• If you're still looking I'm in the most northerly town in Scotland and have solar panels installed.
  • If you're still looking I'm in the most northerly town in Scotland and have solar panels installed.

• Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kenny View Post
    Only 20 for the whole of the North? Fingers crossed I'm selected then!
    That's just for starters @Mike Kenny

• Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kenny View Post
    Only 20 for the whole of the North? Fingers crossed I'm selected then!
    That's just for starters @Mike Kenny

• I would like to be included in the smartmeter thing. In Mansfield, Notts
  • I would like to be included in the smartmeter thing. In Mansfield, Notts

• I’m just switching to your company and already have a smart meter, I would love to have one of the 2nd generation meters. I live in Oldham, OL4 2BD. (Ashworth).
    Any idea when this might happen ?
    Gary.
  • I’m just switching to your company and already have a smart meter, I would love to have one of the 2nd generation meters. I live in Oldham, OL4 2BD. (Ashworth).
    Any idea when this might happen ?
    Gary.

• Hi Marc,
    I would like to register interest in the next smart meter installations.
    Thanks.
    Kind regards,
    Sunny
  • Hi Marc,
    I would like to register interest in the next smart meter installations.
    Thanks.
    Kind regards,
    Sunny

• Hi @jayandjean17; @mikeg; @Neil Faulkes; @garya60; @sunnyd14
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting.
    If you're interesting in being considered for our smart meters pilot phases I can point you in the direction of this post

• Hi @jayandjean17; @mikeg; @Neil Faulkes; @garya60; @sunnyd14
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting.
    If you're interesting in being considered for our smart meters pilot phases I can point you in the direction of this post

• Hi Marc
    Had my SMETS2 meters installed today. Dave and Dave from Magnum, who did the installation, said I was the first to be done in the North East. Everything went ok. The lads were lovely and very efficient., and clean! Even came with shoe covers! Unfortunately , they didn't have the correct in home display, which i look forward to receiving shortly. Look forward to trialling, see what happens 😁
    all in all, a very smooth operation.
  • Hi Marc
    Had my SMETS2 meters installed today. Dave and Dave from Magnum, who did the installation, said I was the first to be done in the North East. Everything went ok. The lads were lovely and very efficient., and clean! Even came with shoe covers! Unfortunately , they didn't have the correct in home display, which i look forward to receiving shortly. Look forward to trialling, see what happens 😁
    all in all, a very smooth operation.

• Fab re the 👞👞covers! How professional! Great to hear all went smoothly Angela 👍👏

WALT WHITMAN
  • Fab re the 👞👞covers! How professional! Great to hear all went smoothly Angela 👍👏

WALT WHITMAN

• Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Fab re the ������������covers! How professional! Great to hear all went smoothly Angela ������������
    I know right Bev! I have NEVER had any tradesmen in my house before who had the consideration to do that! VERY impressed. 👍👍👍
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Fab re the ������������covers! How professional! Great to hear all went smoothly Angela ������������
    I know right Bev! I have NEVER had any tradesmen in my house before who had the consideration to do that! VERY impressed. 👍👍👍

• Couldn’t agree more Ange, it’s little touches like these that sooooooo set PP apart from all the rest 👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

WALT WHITMAN
  • Couldn’t agree more Ange, it’s little touches like these that sooooooo set PP apart from all the rest 👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

WALT WHITMAN