• First payment

Hi, could you please explain why my first payment (due tomorrow) is £149.5?! This is more expensive than my old supplier! The reason I switched over is because it was meant to be cheaper?? Can you please provide an explanation and a breakdown of the payment?

Thanks
  • Hi, could you please explain why my first payment (due tomorrow) is £149.5?! This is more expensive than my old supplier! The reason I switched over is because it was meant to be cheaper?? Can you please provide an explanation and a breakdown of the payment?

Thanks

• Hi Llyr, Look at your quote which was then followed by your welcome email with welcome letter..explains payment DD periods..for colder months then reduced for warmer..lots info on this and messages posted
  • Hi Llyr, Look at your quote which was then followed by your welcome email with welcome letter..explains payment DD periods..for colder months then reduced for warmer..lots info on this and messages posted

• Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Hi Llyr, Look at your quote which was then followed by your welcome email with welcome letter..explains payment DD periods..for colder months then reduced for warmer..lots info on this and messages posted
    Yes I see that, but the point is; when I inputted my energy usage over the previous 12 months into the price comparison website, yours came out as cheaper than my old supplier and that I could save x amount each year. Now I found out that you DD payments for the colder months are £149.50 (I was paying £129 with my old supplier) so you’re not cheaper are you? How has the £149 been worked out?
    Hi Llyr, Look at your quote which was then followed by your welcome email with welcome letter..explains payment DD periods..for colder months then reduced for warmer..lots info on this and messages posted
    Yes I see that, but the point is; when I inputted my energy usage over the previous 12 months into the price comparison website, yours came out as cheaper than my old supplier and that I could save x amount each year. Now I found out that you DD payments for the colder months are £149.50 (I was paying £129 with my old supplier) so you’re not cheaper are you? How has the £149 been worked out?

• Hello Llyr,

Welcome to community, we are all customers in this forum and learn from each other.
    6 DD's x 6 colder months 60% of your projected quotation. 6 DD's x 6 warmer months 40%.
    Hope that assists and did you read your welcome email and welcome attachments?
    Keep reverting back cos other members may explain better.
  • Hello Llyr,

Welcome to community, we are all customers in this forum and learn from each other.
    6 DD's x 6 colder months 60% of your projected quotation. 6 DD's x 6 warmer months 40%.

Hello Llyr,

Have they got a contact telephone number? Not happy with how I’ve been mislead on the quote provided
    Hello Llyr,

Have they got a contact telephone number? Not happy with how I’ve been mislead on the quote provided

• Hi Llyr, PP advertises as an APP based only supplier, no call centre no doubt because call centres are expensive to run and would increase tarrifs..no two way email communication, but they use tech as In wattBot via the APP..first of all...type.."Message the Team" Post your question and you will get a response within 2 days. You will get a text that a response is now available in the APP. Good Luck

NB:
    Not sure how you have been mislead and hope you read all that was available leading up to joining.
  • Hi Llyr, PP advertises as an APP based only supplier, no call centre no doubt because call centres are expensive to run and would increase tarrifs..no two way email communication, but they use tech as In wattBot via the APP..first of all...type.."Message the Team" Post your question and you will get a response within 2 days. You will get a text that a response is now available in the APP. Good Luck

NB:
    Not sure how you have been mislead and hope you read all that was available leading up to joining.

Hi Llyr, PP advertises as an APP based only supplier, no call centre no doubt because call centres are expensive to run and would increase tarrifs..no two way email communication, but they use tech as In wattBot via the APP..first of all...type.."Message the Team" Post your question and you will get a response within 2 days. You will get a text that a response is now available in the APP. Good Luck

NB:
    Thanks for this. Yes, have heard of the wattBot but doesnt seem to be available at the moment, dont know whether this ia because I’m not on supply until tomorrow? Thanks for your help
    Hi Llyr, PP advertises as an APP based only supplier, no call centre no doubt because call centres are expensive to run and would increase tarrifs..no two way email communication, but they use tech as In wattBot via the APP..first of all...type.."Message the Team" Post your question and you will get a response within 2 days. You will get a text that a response is now available in the APP. Good Luck

NB:
    Thanks for this. Yes, have heard of the wattBot but doesnt seem to be available at the moment, dont know whether this ia because I’m not on supply until tomorrow? Thanks for your help

• Quote Originally Posted by Llyr View Post
    Hi, could you please explain why my first payment (due tomorrow) is £149.5?! This is more expensive than my old supplier! The reason I switched over is because it was meant to be cheaper?? Can you please provide an explanation and a breakdown of the payment?

Thanks
    Hi @Llyr
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting. @Strutt G is spot on.
    Your quote is annual. Monthly payments are not the quote divided by 12. We take a little less in warmer months, and a little more in colder months.
    We do this because it matches Members' energy use.
    Also, as we don't have fixed term contracts or charge exit fees, averaging payments over 12 months could cause Members to build up very high credits or debits, depending on the time of year they join.
    Hope that helps.
    There's loads more info in our FAQs section, but happy to keep chatting here of course
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Llyr View Post

Thanks
    Hi @Llyr
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting. @Strutt G is spot on.
    Your quote is annual. Monthly payments are not the quote divided by 12. We take a little less in warmer months, and a little more in colder months.
    We do this because it matches Members' energy use.
    Also, as we don't have fixed term contracts or charge exit fees, averaging payments over 12 months could cause Members to build up very high credits or debits, depending on the time of year they join.
    Hope that helps.
    There's loads more info in our FAQs section, but happy to keep chatting here of course
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• hi llyr
    The answers you've had may seem complicated, so here's how it works out:
    Your Old payment £129 for 12 months £1548

PP's Payments (assuming no change over the year because it is a variable tariff, so could change up or down)
    Winter £149x6 = £894
    Summer £99.33 x6 = £596 (give or take a penny or 3)
    Total £1490 possibly £1478
    * membership rates drop by 50p/fuel soon so there may be another £12 to take off that figure, not sure if it's in your quote already)
    £1490 is les than £1548
    Quote Originally Posted by Llyr View Post

Thanks
  • hi llyr

PP's Payments (assuming no change over the year because it is a variable tariff, so could change up or down)
    Winter £149x6 = £894
    * membership rates drop by 50p/fuel soon so there may be another £12 to take off that figure, not sure if it's in your quote already)
    £1490 is les than £1548

Thanks

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi llyr

Winter £149x6 = £894
    £1490 is les than £1548
    Hi, no I get that but the old supplier was’nt £129 every month, just for the winter months. I’ve gone back through my statements and the annual tariff looks like £1,360 odd so again cheaper than PP. I’ll try the Wattbot, although doesnt fill me with confidence based on some of the comments on this...
    hi llyr

Winter £149x6 = £894
    £1490 is les than £1548
    Hi, no I get that but the old supplier was’nt £129 every month, just for the winter months. I’ve gone back through my statements and the annual tariff looks like £1,360 odd so again cheaper than PP. I’ll try the Wattbot, although doesnt fill me with confidence based on some of the comments on this...

• Good Morning Llyr,

Just some points..
    The PP quote was based on your data via a switch site.
    When you leave a supplier your/ours energy Useage ends up with a third party regulator who then sends thier analysis to the new supplier as in PP..this can affect Useage to what the customer has calculated v how it starts with the new supplier.
    It very frustrating.
    This does not help now, but it will pan out as you provide your metre reads to PP.
    What you could do is go back to a switch site, only to use thier calcs..to re input the Useage kWs...twice.. PP v previous supplier to crunch the figures again.

To contact wattBott. First type "Message the Team" post your question and should get a response within 2 days maybe 2 workdays, you will get a text advising response available in the APP.
  • Good Morning Llyr,

Just some points..
    The PP quote was based on your data via a switch site.
    When you leave a supplier your/ours energy Useage ends up with a third party regulator who then sends thier analysis to the new supplier as in PP..this can affect Useage to what the customer has calculated v how it starts with the new supplier.
    It very frustrating.
    This does not help now, but it will pan out as you provide your metre reads to PP.
    What you could do is go back to a switch site, only to use thier calcs..to re input the Useage kWs...twice.. PP v previous supplier to crunch the figures again.

To contact wattBott. First type "Message the Team" post your question and should get a response within 2 days maybe 2 workdays, you will get a text advising response available in the APP.

• Hi Llyr,
    great advice from the above Community Members (PP customers)and Marc, who is employed by PP. This does not sound correct, you seem well on top of your past energy usage costs but I am wondering if this is a problem on the comparison website (only a wild guess). Pure Planet are the most transparent company I have ever dealt with, everything is aired via this community (warts and all)and PP adopt ideas/improvements made by the members. The majority of us joined PP for the competitive price and their "green credentials" - there are no frills or gimmicks, just one competitive tariff and no exit fees.
    I hope your concerns are answered soon.
  • Hi Llyr,
    great advice from the above Community Members (PP customers)and Marc, who is employed by PP. This does not sound correct, you seem well on top of your past energy usage costs but I am wondering if this is a problem on the comparison website (only a wild guess). Pure Planet are the most transparent company I have ever dealt with, everything is aired via this community (warts and all)and PP adopt ideas/improvements made by the members. The majority of us joined PP for the competitive price and their "green credentials" - there are no frills or gimmicks, just one competitive tariff and no exit fees.

• Quote Originally Posted by David j View Post
    Hi Llyr,
    Thanks for all the support. I do hope it is an issue with the comparison website. The fact that this is regulated via 3rs party is ridiculous. Just had my final statement off my old supplier and confirms that it is £164 cheaper than PP over 12 months..!!!! Hopefully the meter readings provided to PP from now on will pan out. But frankly, still confused as to why this has happened as exact meter readings over the past 12 months we’re provided 🤔 thanks for the support
  • Quote Originally Posted by David j View Post
    Hi Llyr,
    Thanks for all the support. I do hope it is an issue with the comparison website. The fact that this is regulated via 3rs party is ridiculous. Just had my final statement off my old supplier and confirms that it is £164 cheaper than PP over 12 months..!!!! Hopefully the meter readings provided to PP from now on will pan out. But frankly, still confused as to why this has happened as exact meter readings over the past 12 months we’re provided 🤔 thanks for the support

• Hi Llyr
    With respect I don't think you do get that or you wouldn't have asked the question.
    You took a higher quote than your original supplier (your choice) and now you're complaining that it's costing you more every month? (which incidentally I don't believe it is on a cost for the same number of units basis)
    Your payment is based on your estimated usage, it's possible that your previous supplier was charging you for too few units or you were on a cheaper fixed price deal.
    The only question you should be asking is is your annual quote set at the correct level for your usage.
    More or less than the old supplier is irrelevant. You don't need to message PP to check that, you'll be wasting your time, the bill from your old supplier or asking old supplier should tell you your expected usage.
    If it's correct then your quote is correct, if not ask for the DD to be reduced.
  • Hi Llyr
    With respect I don't think you do get that or you wouldn't have asked the question.
    You took a higher quote than your original supplier (your choice) and now you're complaining that it's costing you more every month? (which incidentally I don't believe it is on a cost for the same number of units basis)
    Your payment is based on your estimated usage, it's possible that your previous supplier was charging you for too few units or you were on a cheaper fixed price deal.
    The only question you should be asking is is your annual quote set at the correct level for your usage.
    More or less than the old supplier is irrelevant. You don't need to message PP to check that, you'll be wasting your time, the bill from your old supplier or asking old supplier should tell you your expected usage.
    If it's correct then your quote is correct, if not ask for the DD to be reduced.

Hi Llyr
    The quote was CHEAPER than the original supplier which is why I went for it. Why would I switch to a more expensive tariff?! Exact usages (gained from old supplier) were inputted so why are the payments still based on ‘expected usage’? And no, the old supplier wasnt undercharging as I’ve had the final statement balancing out the account - cheaper than PP. ‘More or less than the old suppliet is irrelevant’ - it certainly is relevant, people switch their energy provider to get better, cheaper deals otherwise everybody would stay put
    Hi Llyr
    The quote was CHEAPER than the original supplier which is why I went for it. Why would I switch to a more expensive tariff?! Exact usages (gained from old supplier) were inputted so why are the payments still based on ‘expected usage’? And no, the old supplier wasnt undercharging as I’ve had the final statement balancing out the account - cheaper than PP. ‘More or less than the old suppliet is irrelevant’ - it certainly is relevant, people switch their energy provider to get better, cheaper deals otherwise everybody would stay put

• Hi Lyr, forget the monthly payments at the moment, what is the difference between your actual unit cost you were paying? And what your paying now? And service charge?
  • Hi Lyr, forget the monthly payments at the moment, what is the difference between your actual unit cost you were paying? And what your paying now? And service charge?

• Quote Originally Posted by JennyR68 View Post
    Hi Lyr, forget the monthly payments at the moment, what is the difference between your actual unit cost you were paying? And what your paying now? And service charge?
    From what I can see old supplier was 2.85p/kWh and 13.48p/kWh (gas and leccy respectively). Whilst PP is 3.2025p/kWh and 14.80p/kWh. No service charge except for VAT @ 5% with old supplier
  • Quote Originally Posted by JennyR68 View Post
    Hi Lyr, forget the monthly payments at the moment, what is the difference between your actual unit cost you were paying? And what your paying now? And service charge?
    From what I can see old supplier was 2.85p/kWh and 13.48p/kWh (gas and leccy respectively). Whilst PP is 3.2025p/kWh and 14.80p/kWh. No service charge except for VAT @ 5% with old supplier

• Excuse me for stating the obvious Llyr, but why on earth did you switch then?!
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Excuse me for stating the obvious Llyr, but why on earth did you switch then?!

WALT WHITMAN

• Good afternoon Llyr, out of curiosity who was your previous supplier?
  • Good afternoon Llyr, out of curiosity who was your previous supplier?

• I’m guessing Ebico?

WALT WHITMAN
  • I’m guessing Ebico?

WALT WHITMAN