• Charges

I had a look at my first bill and the usage for gas is displayed in kwh. I've done the conversion and I'm being charged 3 times more than my usage. Isn't 1 cubed meter equal to 11.36 kWh?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I had a look at my first bill and the usage for gas is displayed in kwh. I've done the conversion and I'm being charged 3 times more than my usage. Isn't 1 cubed meter equal to 11.36 kWh?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Daniel84,

Have another look at your Bill and it will give the calculation from units used as in cu into kWs used and my conversion factor / spread sheet calcs average at 1 unit cu = 31.43.
    Hope this assists.

NB:
    Woz posted a link yesterday where you can input units that calcs the kWs Useage.
  • Hi Daniel84,

Have another look at your Bill and it will give the calculation from units used as in cu into kWs used and my conversion factor / spread sheet calcs average at 1 unit cu = 31.43.
    Hope this assists.

NB:
    Woz posted a link yesterday where you can input units that calcs the kWs Useage.

• HERE << it is again..
    Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Hi Daniel84,

Hope this assists.

NB:
  • HERE << it is again..
    Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Hi Daniel84,

Hope this assists.

NB:

• hi Daniel84
    HERE << it is again..
    The conversion is very near but still approximate as it depends on the calorific value of the gas which varies.

I'm a bit confused by your post Daniel
    Are the meter readings on the statement estimated or the actual readings you entered?
    If they are estimated the statement will correct when true readings are on the statement, or...
    (If they are already the actual readings then perhaps there is some confusion as to whether your meter is measuring in cu. feet or cubic metres.
    Does the meter say cu.m on the front or on the display, and does the statement say cu. ft or cu.m? )
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel84 View Post
    I had a look at my first bill and the usage for gas is displayed in kwh. I've done the conversion and I'm being charged 3 times more than my usage. Isn't 1 cubed meter equal to 11.36 kWh?
  • hi Daniel84
    HERE << it is again..
    The conversion is very near but still approximate as it depends on the calorific value of the gas which varies.

I'm a bit confused by your post Daniel
    Are the meter readings on the statement estimated or the actual readings you entered?
    If they are estimated the statement will correct when true readings are on the statement, or...
    (If they are already the actual readings then perhaps there is some confusion as to whether your meter is measuring in cu. feet or cubic metres.
    Does the meter say cu.m on the front or on the display, and does the statement say cu. ft or cu.m? )
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel84 View Post