• Payment help required

Can anyone advise me how to increase my DD payment? It appears the estimated bill and actual bill are over £100 per month off! I am a little concerned as I used actual usage for the last year for the initial quote but none the less I don't feel comfortable running up a monthly debt and I cannot find a way to make a card payment or amend the DD. Can anyone help?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Can anyone advise me how to increase my DD payment? It appears the estimated bill and actual bill are over £100 per month off! I am a little concerned as I used actual usage for the last year for the initial quote but none the less I don't feel comfortable running up a monthly debt and I cannot find a way to make a card payment or amend the DD. Can anyone help?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi hlad80.
    If you go to help and tap on wattbot to open then type " message the team " and ask for your payments to be increased they will oblige. It will take a day or two to get the answer but they will answer.
  • Hi hlad80.
    If you go to help and tap on wattbot to open then type " message the team " and ask for your payments to be increased they will oblige. It will take a day or two to get the answer but they will answer.

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Hlad80 View Post
    Can anyone advise me how to increase my DD payment? It appears the estimated bill and actual bill are over £100 per month off! I am a little concerned as I used actual usage for the last year for the initial quote but none the less I don't feel comfortable running up a monthly debt and I cannot find a way to make a card payment or amend the DD. Can anyone help?
    Hi there

You may be a (lucky?) victim of timing here. My last statement showed I had used more than I had paid for in that month (first big cold spell) but I was getting concerned because I had been building up credit every month before that.

So if this was your first or second statement I would consider holding on for a month or two, as you might well find that it starts to balance out. After all, if the direct debit is based on your annual usage and your usage hasn't changed (except as the weather changes) then it is planned by PP to be about right in a year's time, not after a couple of months.

Hope that helps
    Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by Hlad80 View Post
    Hi there

You may be a (lucky?) victim of timing here. My last statement showed I had used more than I had paid for in that month (first big cold spell) but I was getting concerned because I had been building up credit every month before that.

So if this was your first or second statement I would consider holding on for a month or two, as you might well find that it starts to balance out. After all, if the direct debit is based on your annual usage and your usage hasn't changed (except as the weather changes) then it is planned by PP to be about right in a year's time, not after a couple of months.

Hope that helps
    Stephen

• Best Answer

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your response, it is my first statement and hopefully your assessment is correct.

Kind regards
    Henry
    Hi Henry
    See how it goes. February has been cold, so I'm expecting another heavy usage month, but it should be ok after that. It may take your account a bit longer, given when you have started, but bear in mind that PP monitor your direct debit and will suggest a change if they think it needs it.
    Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by Hlad80 View Post
    Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your response, it is my first statement and hopefully your assessment is correct.

Kind regards
    Henry
    Hi Henry
    See how it goes. February has been cold, so I'm expecting another heavy usage month, but it should be ok after that. It may take your account a bit longer, given when you have started, but bear in mind that PP monitor your direct debit and will suggest a change if they think it needs it.
    Stephen

• Hi Stephen,

Kind regards
    Henry
  • Hi Stephen,

Kind regards
    Henry

• hi Henry, I agree with Stephen, it's too early to tell yet.
    If you're uncomfortable you could always put a small amount aside every month for a few months if it's still showing a negative balance, then if it corrects itself you'll have some money to treat yourself, and if it doesn't you'll be prepared!
    Hi Stephen,

Kind regards
    Henry
  • hi Henry, I agree with Stephen, it's too early to tell yet.
    If you're uncomfortable you could always put a small amount aside every month for a few months if it's still showing a negative balance, then if it corrects itself you'll have some money to treat yourself, and if it doesn't you'll be prepared!
    Hi Stephen,

Kind regards
    Henry

• Hey @stephenrand
    Just wanted to say thanks for helping out a new Member. Your replies are really considered and clear. Brilliant stuff
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hey @stephenrand
    Just wanted to say thanks for helping out a new Member. Your replies are really considered and clear. Brilliant stuff
    Community Manager - Pure Planet