• How long does it take to switch to Pure Planet?

I signed up a couple of months ago but still paying old supplier. How long does switching take? How can you check you’re registered?
    Tap below to see the best answer
    Last edited by Marc; 08-02-19 at 13:14. Reason: Thread title amended to nature of query, to benefit other members searching for same information
  • I signed up a couple of months ago but still paying old supplier. How long does switching take? How can you check you’re registered?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

You should get various emails along the way. I started and completed a switch to PP only last month and received emails with subjects similar to the following (Ignore the #1 , #2 etc they are there for reference of order only):
    #1 ACTION: Here's your quote, download the app
    #2 FOR INFO: Introducing Pure Planet
    #3 Welcome to Pure Planet
    #4 FOR INFO: Everything's on track
    #5 Switch Complete

Did you get all of these? If not, where did they stop?
  • You should get various emails along the way. I started and completed a switch to PP only last month and received emails with subjects similar to the following (Ignore the #1 , #2 etc they are there for reference of order only):
    #1 ACTION: Here's your quote, download the app
    #2 FOR INFO: Introducing Pure Planet
    #3 Welcome to Pure Planet
    #4 FOR INFO: Everything's on track
    #5 Switch Complete

Did you get all of these? If not, where did they stop?

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Katymews View Post
    I signed up a couple of months ago but still paying old supplier. How long does switching take? How can you check you’re registered?
    Hi there,
    It sounds as though you have switched, although need to confirm that via the app. If you've given opening meter readings then you definitely will have done. That process takes about 20 days or so for the actual switch but it can take 6 weeks to receive a final bill from the old supplier so it's fairly common to pay 2 direct debits whilst the old supplier receives the reading and finalises their account.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Katymews View Post
    Hi there,
    It sounds as though you have switched, although need to confirm that via the app. If you've given opening meter readings then you definitely will have done. That process takes about 20 days or so for the actual switch but it can take 6 weeks to receive a final bill from the old supplier so it's fairly common to pay 2 direct debits whilst the old supplier receives the reading and finalises their account.

Hi Katymews,
    This sounds wrong, switching usually takes approximately 17 days to complete and your kept ‘in the loop’ at every stage by Pure Planet as indicated by Jenam93. When you say ‘you signed up’ how did you do that?
    Regards
    Hi Katymews,
    This sounds wrong, switching usually takes approximately 17 days to complete and your kept ‘in the loop’ at every stage by Pure Planet as indicated by Jenam93. When you say ‘you signed up’ how did you do that?
    Regards

• Also, if you login to App does it indicate in there what stage you are at? There are different screens at various stages if I recall rightly.

Perhaps send a screenshot of the Appp from your phone?
  • Also, if you login to App does it indicate in there what stage you are at? There are different screens at various stages if I recall rightly.

Perhaps send a screenshot of the Appp from your phone?

• Just to Add the APP counts down the days from day 17 decreasing till your on supply. So as the days count down when you open the APP will display for example 12 days to go.. you will get an email with your welcome pack and PP's Terms and conditions. Followed by further emails advising you are on track plus email asking for your first metre readings...it's all there in switching FAQ's.

https://community.purepla.net/thread...to-Pure-Planet
    Last edited by Strutt G; 04-02-19 at 17:38.
  • Just to Add the APP counts down the days from day 17 decreasing till your on supply. So as the days count down when you open the APP will display for example 12 days to go.. you will get an email with your welcome pack and PP's Terms and conditions. Followed by further emails advising you are on track plus email asking for your first metre readings...it's all there in switching FAQ's.

https://community.purepla.net/thread...to-Pure-Planet