• Random Ideas

Hi Folks,

Hope you've all had a good week and not too snowed in wherever you are. I've had a couple of thoughts and hope you don't mind me sharing them.

I read in one post that some people who had switched over to PP saw their charges go up a little and felt that they had been conned and then left. Because PP charge at cost price, I wondered if it is possible for the energy prices to be displayed on the website, offering complete transparency to those considering moving to PP.

My other thought was about the reward system. Great to hear that folks will be able to gift their points to a charity but I wanted to ask about the Amazon Vouchers. As an ethical company, would PP consider maybe offering vouchers for a different company perhaps? I really hope that this isn't considered a criticism at all as it is a brilliant scheme but I do feel that there are so many companies out there, particularly online, who sell ethical goods from foods to cleaning products, gifts and clothing.

Feel free to throw rotten tomatoes.

Have a great week-end y'all
    Nanny O
  • Hi Folks,

Hope you've all had a good week and not too snowed in wherever you are. I've had a couple of thoughts and hope you don't mind me sharing them.

I read in one post that some people who had switched over to PP saw their charges go up a little and felt that they had been conned and then left. Because PP charge at cost price, I wondered if it is possible for the energy prices to be displayed on the website, offering complete transparency to those considering moving to PP.

My other thought was about the reward system. Great to hear that folks will be able to gift their points to a charity but I wanted to ask about the Amazon Vouchers. As an ethical company, would PP consider maybe offering vouchers for a different company perhaps? I really hope that this isn't considered a criticism at all as it is a brilliant scheme but I do feel that there are so many companies out there, particularly online, who sell ethical goods from foods to cleaning products, gifts and clothing.

Feel free to throw rotten tomatoes.

Have a great week-end y'all
    Nanny O
  • Good points Nanny πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • Good points Nanny πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • As the thread is 'Random Ideas' I've been thinking which food items would I struggle to 'live' without. I enjoy steak but to reduce methane output could increase mycoprotein and fish consumption gladly. However if the warming planet prevented the growth of garlic or peppercorns. That might just be a game changer for me. Most/all savoury dishes I eat have either or both in or on them. Mustard is up there too. Anyone else got their own food item 'red line' ( to coin an overused recent phrase ). That used to be caused by not having enough suncream applied but not anymore. Food thoughts gratefully received.
  • As the thread is 'Random Ideas' I've been thinking which food items would I struggle to 'live' without. I enjoy steak but to reduce methane output could increase mycoprotein and fish consumption gladly. However if the warming planet prevented the growth of garlic or peppercorns. That might just be a game changer for me. Most/all savoury dishes I eat have either or both in or on them. Mustard is up there too. Anyone else got their own food item 'red line' ( to coin an overused recent phrase ). That used to be caused by not having enough suncream applied but not anymore. Food thoughts gratefully received.
  • Why do rewards have to be in the form of vouchers anyway? If they were given as cash we would have complete flexibility as to where we spent them (or saved them), whether our choice was based on ethical criteria or just our current needs.
  • Why do rewards have to be in the form of vouchers anyway? If they were given as cash we would have complete flexibility as to where we spent them (or saved them), whether our choice was based on ethical criteria or just our current needs.
  • I was pleasently surprised by the rewards system when I joined PP.

If I was PP I would want a method of rewarding that was easy to distribute, not overly incuring on admin time that is easy for the majority to use.
  • I was pleasently surprised by the rewards system when I joined PP.

If I was PP I would want a method of rewarding that was easy to distribute, not overly incuring on admin time that is easy for the majority to use.
  • Money off our next bill would seem to fit these requirements.
  • Money off our next bill would seem to fit these requirements.
  • I'd like to see PP flyers in BP filling stations. "Join Pure Planet and get 1p/litre off your next tank full" or something like that.
  • I'd like to see PP flyers in BP filling stations. "Join Pure Planet and get 1p/litre off your next tank full" or something like that.
  • Instead of Amazon vouchers, which have a carbon footprint of their own, ( cost of printing, if paper vouchers, cost of lorries and vans (diesel/ petrol and emissions) non recyclable elements in the product and packaging. Why not offer a range of energy efficient products, at bought-in price (assume PP have the power to bulk buy), to further lower energy consumption?
  • Instead of Amazon vouchers, which have a carbon footprint of their own, ( cost of printing, if paper vouchers, cost of lorries and vans (diesel/ petrol and emissions) non recyclable elements in the product and packaging. Why not offer a range of energy efficient products, at bought-in price (assume PP have the power to bulk buy), to further lower energy consumption?
  • hi Riche
    I'm not defending Amazon here but their vouchers are electronic (OK they still have a carbon footprint but then so does you typing into your computer) and Amazon packing is largely recyclable cardboard and paper. Although I see some merit in your idea it still involves postage and packaging, so I can't see, other than perhaps an initial economy one-off delivery at scale, how it would lower energy consumption as goods would still have to be dispatched not to mention bought, warehoused, chosen, packed etc.
    I'm sorry if you think my reply is overly negative, but you have given me an idea, perhaps we should have a community section for less eco-damaging products?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    Instead of Amazon vouchers, which have a carbon footprint of their own, ( cost of printing, if paper vouchers, cost of lorries and vans (diesel/ petrol and emissions) non recyclable elements in the product and packaging. Why not offer a range of energy efficient products, at bought-in price (assume PP have the power to bulk buy), to further lower energy consumption?
  • hi Riche
    I'm not defending Amazon here but their vouchers are electronic (OK they still have a carbon footprint but then so does you typing into your computer) and Amazon packing is largely recyclable cardboard and paper. Although I see some merit in your idea it still involves postage and packaging, so I can't see, other than perhaps an initial economy one-off delivery at scale, how it would lower energy consumption as goods would still have to be dispatched not to mention bought, warehoused, chosen, packed etc.
    I'm sorry if you think my reply is overly negative, but you have given me an idea, perhaps we should have a community section for less eco-damaging products?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    Instead of Amazon vouchers, which have a carbon footprint of their own, ( cost of printing, if paper vouchers, cost of lorries and vans (diesel/ petrol and emissions) non recyclable elements in the product and packaging. Why not offer a range of energy efficient products, at bought-in price (assume PP have the power to bulk buy), to further lower energy consumption?
  • How about B&Q vouchers my wife has always got a list of jobs for me to do.
  • How about B&Q vouchers my wife has always got a list of jobs for me to do.
  • Masochist
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    How about B&Q vouchers my wife has always got a list of jobs for me to do.
  • Masochist
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    How about B&Q vouchers my wife has always got a list of jobs for me to do.
  • I like the amazon vouchers. You can buy pretty much anything at amazon. Or donate to charity.
  • I like the amazon vouchers. You can buy pretty much anything at amazon. Or donate to charity.
  • I would prefer an account credit for referrals rather than vouchers. I was with Bulb before I joined Pure and they put a credit against your energy bill for both referrer and new customer. I think this is also a good incentive for people to switch and doesn't tie us in to shopping with Amazon.
  • I would prefer an account credit for referrals rather than vouchers. I was with Bulb before I joined Pure and they put a credit against your energy bill for both referrer and new customer. I think this is also a good incentive for people to switch and doesn't tie us in to shopping with Amazon.
  • I see Bulb are running a TV add campaign at the moment. Do PP have any plans along those lines?
  • I see Bulb are running a TV add campaign at the moment. Do PP have any plans along those lines?