• Pure Planet Community highlights and points leaderboard - January 2019

Welcome the first monthly Pure Planet Community recap of 2019!

January was a great month, with loads going on in our community.

Eagle-eyed Members spotted that we have several new community badges. Here’s a guide to what they mean and how to get them. Suggestions for new badges welcome! @Bev has already suggested we have a badge for those who take part in the monthly ‘spotlight feature’ such as @David j who was our Member in the community spotlight in January.

Yours truly took delivery of an electric vehicle last month, @Lenny wants to know what questions to ask a car dealer when getting your first EV, and @Jowl is um-ing and ah-ing about whether this summer could be the time to buy one, especially if it’s a Tesla!

Not everyone is convinced by the current EVs for sale, and @Jenam93 started this great poll on what would stop you from splashing out on one. If you prefer two-wheeled transport, you might want to check out this new cycling group of Pure Planet members started by @Skill. Runners are also welcome to join.

It got pretty cold in January. @tonyp wants to know why so many shops leave their lights on overnight, @Patricia e hopes other Members can help her keep her home warm without needing to keep the heating on 24/7, @Oakbank has installed a bit of kit at home so that his boiler is checking the weather, and @Richie has splashed out on a home hub and smart bulbs.

Lots of us had a giggle at what @Bev is planning to spend her community rewards Amazon vouchers on, and in the popular community thread ‘What Made Me Happy Today’ there was a wonderful post by @Oakbank about what one of his daughters discovered behind the wallpaper. There was more heartwarming news from @Gabolino who revealed he and his partner are expecting in May!

New member @Daspy is interested in finding out what brought people to Pure Planet and what others do for a living, @JennyR68 got stuck into an online tool which calculates how much CO2 your daily meals produce, and I’ve started a new thread for photos of our pets!

In PP staff news, @Niall_PP has started brewing and fermenting his own tea, and our collections manager was accused of looking like one of the Redknapps! (He claims Jamie, we think Harry .

January was when we gave the community a little design refresh, and there was app release too which improved the joining process for new Members.
    We’ve also made it clearer in the app that your quote has different Summer and Winter payments and that we don’t have a call centre.

Finally, @Angelabikerbabe started this great discussion about how to follow community threads so she’s notified about replies, with some assistance from @woz

Name:  Rewards.JPG
Views: 271
Size:  84.1 KB

Looking ahead to February 2019

It’s exciting times for the Pure Planet team. We’ve outgrown our office and so at the beginning of February we’re off to a new HQ. We’re staying in Bath, it’s closer to the train station, and I’m going to invite community members to pay us a visit soon! More details to come.

We’re progressing well with our rollout of 2nd generation smart meters. We’ve installed our first batch as well as taking on new Members with existing ones.
    In February we’re planning to kick off the second phase pilot phase with 30 or so Pure Planeteers. Updates will be posted in the
    community’s smart meters section. Those who will be taking part in the second pilot phase will be getting DMs from me in the community, followed by emails with more info.
    It’s not too late to put yourself forward to take part in a pilot. Add your name and location over here.

Pure Planet Community Rewards for January 2019

Each month we say thanks to those who contribute to our community by asking and answering questions and participating in discussions on all things related to Pure Planet and renewable energy, and just generally keeping the community safe and fun.

So a big thank you to all of you wonderful members who have contributed

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 281
Size:  83.2 KB

Band One - 1,500 points: @woz; @Jon1; @Bev; @David j; @Angelabikerbabe

Band Two - 1,000 points: @Strutt G
    ; @Scubaseahorse; @Oakbank; @JennyR68; @stephenrand; @Duppy; @Jowl; @Jenam93; @Lenny; @Eastbath; @MrSmart; @Gabolino; @Daspy

Band Three - 500 points: @The Sunset Kid; @jelockwood; @LeonardW; @ahmedhas; @Suz; @Richie; @georginabutcher; @Pilkers; @NanyyOgg; @Eric Ian; @Mark boy; @The Thinker; @SolarKnight; @Ianpocock; @Brunel; @tonyp

Band Four - 200 points: @Chris Chaplin; @Bantam; @Steve D; @Craigend; @Anton59; @GaryClarkson; @Molliechops15; @JamesGuy; @Dannyp5745; @Tonks140; @anne62; @Suepal; @Bailey 1972; @Equilibrian; @Tech; @GreenReaper; @Nickcc; @Martin1951; @Rob123; @ChrisH; @leilademetriou; @nageki78

Band Five - 100 points: @MikeZ; @MattTyler95; @Eamonned; @Deegee24; @Nonsuch; @kenty3874; @JUNELOW; @mparmar1; @Gil; @DavidHeys; @Shortsave; @Des; @Peterw0163; @Stealth; @bitoiu; @Heliosphere; @Dieter; @TRC; @Nufin; @Stephenfenech; @bluemosaic; @Gnasher72; @Phil67; @Cinque175; @Geoff hill; @Chrisquinze; @Trevora; @Spike; @Jsmith47; @dandersonxl; @Patricia e; @Liz Hughes; @Jason85; @Judgejules; @Boatie70; @Alex w; @MikeH; @chelseageezer; @Sarah02; @Mugs; @Nichollspj; @Palanga13; @euphoriabuzz

Mystery Band - worth 2,500 points. This month our mystery band winner is @Bev for submitting several brill ideas to the community which have made it into the new design - including a bigger welcome on the homepage and green ticks for Best Answers. Nice one!

Here's a link to how the Pure Planet community points work which includes how much points are worth, guidance on how to earn points (without giving away our top secret formula!) and when you’ll be able to redeem your points.

That’s it for the January 2019 community round-up. Thanks for checking it out!

Last edited by Marc; 01-02-19 at 13:55.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Welcome the first monthly Pure Planet Community recap of 2019!

January was a great month, with loads going on in our community.

Eagle-eyed Members spotted that we have several new community badges. Here’s a guide to what they mean and how to get them. Suggestions for new badges welcome! @Bev has already suggested we have a badge for those who take part in the monthly ‘spotlight feature’ such as @David j who was our Member in the community spotlight in January.

Yours truly took delivery of an electric vehicle last month, @Lenny wants to know what questions to ask a car dealer when getting your first EV, and @Jowl is um-ing and ah-ing about whether this summer could be the time to buy one, especially if it’s a Tesla!

Not everyone is convinced by the current EVs for sale, and @Jenam93 started this great poll on what would stop you from splashing out on one. If you prefer two-wheeled transport, you might want to check out this new cycling group of Pure Planet members started by @Skill. Runners are also welcome to join.

It got pretty cold in January. @tonyp wants to know why so many shops leave their lights on overnight, @Patricia e hopes other Members can help her keep her home warm without needing to keep the heating on 24/7, @Oakbank has installed a bit of kit at home so that his boiler is checking the weather, and @Richie has splashed out on a home hub and smart bulbs.

Lots of us had a giggle at what @Bev is planning to spend her community rewards Amazon vouchers on, and in the popular community thread ‘What Made Me Happy Today’ there was a wonderful post by @Oakbank about what one of his daughters discovered behind the wallpaper. There was more heartwarming news from @Gabolino who revealed he and his partner are expecting in May!

New member @Daspy is interested in finding out what brought people to Pure Planet and what others do for a living, @JennyR68 got stuck into an online tool which calculates how much CO2 your daily meals produce, and I’ve started a new thread for photos of our pets!

In PP staff news, @Niall_PP has started brewing and fermenting his own tea, and our collections manager was accused of looking like one of the Redknapps! (He claims Jamie, we think Harry .

January was when we gave the community a little design refresh, and there was app release too which improved the joining process for new Members.
    We’ve also made it clearer in the app that your quote has different Summer and Winter payments and that we don’t have a call centre.

Finally, @Angelabikerbabe started this great discussion about how to follow community threads so she’s notified about replies, with some assistance from @woz

Name:  Rewards.JPG
Views: 271
Size:  84.1 KB

Looking ahead to February 2019

It’s exciting times for the Pure Planet team. We’ve outgrown our office and so at the beginning of February we’re off to a new HQ. We’re staying in Bath, it’s closer to the train station, and I’m going to invite community members to pay us a visit soon! More details to come.

We’re progressing well with our rollout of 2nd generation smart meters. We’ve installed our first batch as well as taking on new Members with existing ones.
    In February we’re planning to kick off the second phase pilot phase with 30 or so Pure Planeteers. Updates will be posted in the
    community’s smart meters section. Those who will be taking part in the second pilot phase will be getting DMs from me in the community, followed by emails with more info.
    It’s not too late to put yourself forward to take part in a pilot. Add your name and location over here.

Pure Planet Community Rewards for January 2019

Each month we say thanks to those who contribute to our community by asking and answering questions and participating in discussions on all things related to Pure Planet and renewable energy, and just generally keeping the community safe and fun.

So a big thank you to all of you wonderful members who have contributed

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 281
Size:  83.2 KB

Band One - 1,500 points: @woz; @Jon1; @Bev; @David j; @Angelabikerbabe

Band Two - 1,000 points: @Strutt G
    ; @Scubaseahorse; @Oakbank; @JennyR68; @stephenrand; @Duppy; @Jowl; @Jenam93; @Lenny; @Eastbath; @MrSmart; @Gabolino; @Daspy

Band Three - 500 points: @The Sunset Kid; @jelockwood; @LeonardW; @ahmedhas; @Suz; @Richie; @georginabutcher; @Pilkers; @NanyyOgg; @Eric Ian; @Mark boy; @The Thinker; @SolarKnight; @Ianpocock; @Brunel; @tonyp

Band Four - 200 points: @Chris Chaplin; @Bantam; @Steve D; @Craigend; @Anton59; @GaryClarkson; @Molliechops15; @JamesGuy; @Dannyp5745; @Tonks140; @anne62; @Suepal; @Bailey 1972; @Equilibrian; @Tech; @GreenReaper; @Nickcc; @Martin1951; @Rob123; @ChrisH; @leilademetriou; @nageki78

Band Five - 100 points: @MikeZ; @MattTyler95; @Eamonned; @Deegee24; @Nonsuch; @kenty3874; @JUNELOW; @mparmar1; @Gil; @DavidHeys; @Shortsave; @Des; @Peterw0163; @Stealth; @bitoiu; @Heliosphere; @Dieter; @TRC; @Nufin; @Stephenfenech; @bluemosaic; @Gnasher72; @Phil67; @Cinque175; @Geoff hill; @Chrisquinze; @Trevora; @Spike; @Jsmith47; @dandersonxl; @Patricia e; @Liz Hughes; @Jason85; @Judgejules; @Boatie70; @Alex w; @MikeH; @chelseageezer; @Sarah02; @Mugs; @Nichollspj; @Palanga13; @euphoriabuzz

Mystery Band - worth 2,500 points. This month our mystery band winner is @Bev for submitting several brill ideas to the community which have made it into the new design - including a bigger welcome on the homepage and green ticks for Best Answers. Nice one!

Here's a link to how the Pure Planet community points work which includes how much points are worth, guidance on how to earn points (without giving away our top secret formula!) and when you’ll be able to redeem your points.

That’s it for the January 2019 community round-up. Thanks for checking it out!

• Great summary 😁👍
  • Great summary 😁👍
  • Thanks marc and nice one Bev🧥!(I’ll let Bev guess why the emoji)
  • Thanks marc and nice one Bev🧥!(I’ll let Bev guess why the emoji)
  • Thanks Marc, well happy! 👍
  • Thanks Marc, well happy! 👍
  • Cheers Marc, 👍😄
  • Cheers Marc, 👍😄
  • Wow, brilliant. I feel so honoured!

The Tesla is definitely my goal - not sure when but I'm sure Mr Musk will be providing me a Model 3 asap!

(followed by some Tiles and a powerbank?!)
  • Wow, brilliant. I feel so honoured!

The Tesla is definitely my goal - not sure when but I'm sure Mr Musk will be providing me a Model 3 asap!

(followed by some Tiles and a powerbank?!)
  • Cheers 👍 Thanks 4 that
  • Cheers 👍 Thanks 4 that
  • Good update. Like the new look and feel as well.

I am off to check out the Tesla Model 3 that is doing a short stint at the store in Cribbs Causeway.
  • Good update. Like the new look and feel as well.

I am off to check out the Tesla Model 3 that is doing a short stint at the store in Cribbs Causeway.
  • Appreciate the summary! Am I having the first Pure Planeteer baby?
    Last edited by Gabolino; 03-02-19 at 23:42.
  • Appreciate the summary! Am I having the first Pure Planeteer baby?
  • Quote Originally Posted by Brunel View Post
    Good update. Like the new look and feel as well.

What did you think @Brunel ?
    I wasn't there but a colleague spotted it

Name:  Tesla at Cribbs Causeway.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  1,018.4 KB

Name:  Inside Tesla at Cribbs Causeway.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  1.02 MB
    Last edited by Marc; 04-02-19 at 13:03. Reason: Adding second photo

• Quote Originally Posted by Brunel View Post
    Good update. Like the new look and feel as well.

What did you think @Brunel ?
    I wasn't there but a colleague spotted it

Name:  Tesla at Cribbs Causeway.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  1,018.4 KB

Name:  Inside Tesla at Cribbs Causeway.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  1.02 MB

• Quote Originally Posted by Gabolino View Post
    Appreciate the summary! Am I having the first Pure Planeteer baby?
    I reckon so @Gabolino
    Are you suggesting a community badge?!

• Quote Originally Posted by Gabolino View Post
    Appreciate the summary! Am I having the first Pure Planeteer baby?
    I reckon so @Gabolino
    Are you suggesting a community badge?!

• Hahaha. Well It didnt cross my mind but now that you mention it... I may create a holding account "Gabolino Jr", Prince of Pure Planet
  • Hahaha. Well It didnt cross my mind but now that you mention it... I may create a holding account "Gabolino Jr", Prince of Pure Planet
  • Loving the recap! Helped highlight a few threads that might have been missed too
  • Loving the recap! Helped highlight a few threads that might have been missed too
  • @Marc very nice, but not sure I should have 2 Teslas on the drive. My wife needs to view really. I would also need to wait until they are ready to make the lowest cost version and for them to provide a non-leather steering wheel to match the synthetic leather seats.
  • @Marc very nice, but not sure I should have 2 Teslas on the drive. My wife needs to view really. I would also need to wait until they are ready to make the lowest cost version and for them to provide a non-leather steering wheel to match the synthetic leather seats.
  • Fab fab update! Brill read Marc, and sooooo touched to receive the Mystery bonus 👍🙏🙏🙏🙏. Thank you!

Hey you may mock Wozeeta 😂😂😂, I’m wearing it right now, and it’s even yellow 🙀😂😂😂😂. Ordered much smaller size and fits a treat! Adore it! LOL 😂😂😂. Up the Selkbag!
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Fab fab update! Brill read Marc, and sooooo touched to receive the Mystery bonus 👍🙏🙏🙏🙏. Thank you!

Hey you may mock Wozeeta 😂😂😂, I’m wearing it right now, and it’s even yellow 🙀😂😂😂😂. Ordered much smaller size and fits a treat! Adore it! LOL 😂😂😂. Up the Selkbag!

WALT WHITMAN
  • A yellow Selkbag, my day just got better - must be really cosy in this chilly spell.
    Keep warm Bev 👍😄
  • A yellow Selkbag, my day just got better - must be really cosy in this chilly spell.
    Keep warm Bev 👍😄
  • No lie, Dai, one of my best purchases EVER 🙀🙀🙀👍👍👍👏👏👏😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • No lie, Dai, one of my best purchases EVER 🙀🙀🙀👍👍👍👏👏👏😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • You have a way with words Bev (and clothes).
    Regards Dai
  • You have a way with words Bev (and clothes).
    Regards Dai
  • Brilliant Bev, Guess what I had to search on the World Wide Web thang to see what a Selkbag is..Perfect seasonal attire..yellow too...wild
  • Brilliant Bev, Guess what I had to search on the World Wide Web thang to see what a Selkbag is..Perfect seasonal attire..yellow too...wild
  • Thanks Strutt 😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • Thanks Strutt 😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN