• Pure Planet 2nd generation smart meters pilot update - 1st Feb 2019

Hi everyone

A quick update on where we are with our pilot phase of 2nd generation smart meters (aka SMETS2).

As well as inheriting a few dozen new Members with existing SMETS2 meters, this week we’ve installed our first few smart meters and in-home displays.

Here's a pic of an engineer installing one of the very first!

Name:  Pure Planet smart meter being installed by engineer.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  3.72 MB

This small pilot phase gives us the chance to see how different hardware performs, before a second, larger pilot with more Pure Planet Members starting later this month.

It also means our team can make sure that the automatic meter readings being sent by the smart meters are correctly feeding into our billing systems, and into the app.

Name:  Sally IHD gas reading.JPG
Views: 516
Size:  35.3 KB

If you’re up for being part of testing add your name and location over here.

Those who will be taking part in the second pilot phase will be getting DMs from me in the community, followed by emails with more info.

That's it for now. New updates will be posted in
    this smart meters section of the Pure Planet Community!
    Last edited by Marc; 13-02-19 at 12:06.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi everyone

A quick update on where we are with our pilot phase of 2nd generation smart meters (aka SMETS2).

As well as inheriting a few dozen new Members with existing SMETS2 meters, this week we’ve installed our first few smart meters and in-home displays.

Here's a pic of an engineer installing one of the very first!

Name:  Pure Planet smart meter being installed by engineer.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  3.72 MB

This small pilot phase gives us the chance to see how different hardware performs, before a second, larger pilot with more Pure Planet Members starting later this month.

It also means our team can make sure that the automatic meter readings being sent by the smart meters are correctly feeding into our billing systems, and into the app.

Name:  Sally IHD gas reading.JPG
Views: 516
Size:  35.3 KB

If you’re up for being part of testing add your name and location over here.

Those who will be taking part in the second pilot phase will be getting DMs from me in the community, followed by emails with more info.

That's it for now. New updates will be posted in
    this smart meters section of the Pure Planet Community!

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Is that your house marc?
    That dude looks really scared with all his overkill health and safety equipment. Where is the hard hat and hi-vis jacket?
  • Is that your house marc?
    That dude looks really scared with all his overkill health and safety equipment. Where is the hard hat and hi-vis jacket?

• What are the power requirements for the in house display? Can it be powered by USB? Do I have to give up my precious 3 pin socket for it?! Is there a battery options (I imagine it might eat batteries without a decent energy saving mode)

Actually my USB ports are more in demand than 3-pin
  • What are the power requirements for the in house display? Can it be powered by USB? Do I have to give up my precious 3 pin socket for it?! Is there a battery options (I imagine it might eat batteries without a decent energy saving mode)

• Hi Marc,

I'm fairly new to Pure Planet, and already have SMETS2 meters, albeit now dormant after switching from EDF. I also work in the industry (currently at small non-dom supplier), and I'm currently taking us through the same DCC enrolment process. Happy to help with the trial, and provide any support / share best practise. It would be great to get my SMETS2 meter working again!

Thanks,

Ed.
  • Hi Marc,

I'm fairly new to Pure Planet, and already have SMETS2 meters, albeit now dormant after switching from EDF. I also work in the industry (currently at small non-dom supplier), and I'm currently taking us through the same DCC enrolment process. Happy to help with the trial, and provide any support / share best practise. It would be great to get my SMETS2 meter working again!

Thanks,

Ed.

• Hey @edhartley - might be worth popping those details in this thread - sounds like you have some expertise worth sharing
  • Hey @edhartley - might be worth popping those details in this thread - sounds like you have some expertise worth sharing

• Hi Jowl - thanks, I've put the details on the other thread as well
  • Hi Jowl - thanks, I've put the details on the other thread as well

• I have just joined Pure planet and would like to test the new smart meters I have smart meters from my previous suppliers not sure if they are what we will need now!. And would like to have the new meters needed if they will work for pure planet when meter readings are needed.
    Carl Haycox, Bradford
    Last edited by Marc; 06-02-19 at 13:12. Reason: Removing personal info
  • I have just joined Pure planet and would like to test the new smart meters I have smart meters from my previous suppliers not sure if they are what we will need now!. And would like to have the new meters needed if they will work for pure planet when meter readings are needed.
    Carl Haycox, Bradford

• Quote Originally Posted by Jowl View Post
    What are the power requirements for the in house display? Can it be powered by USB? Do I have to give up my precious 3 pin socket for it?! Is there a battery options (I imagine it might eat batteries without a decent energy saving mode)

Hey @Jowl
    They come with a USB lead and a 3-pin plug. The USB lead goes into the plug. (Like a mobile phone charger). Does that make sense?!
    One wonderful and perfect day everything will be USB-C..... including Apple devices!

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
    What are the power requirements for the in house display? Can it be powered by USB? Do I have to give up my precious 3 pin socket for it?! Is there a battery options (I imagine it might eat batteries without a decent energy saving mode)

Hey @Jowl
    They come with a USB lead and a 3-pin plug. The USB lead goes into the plug. (Like a mobile phone charger). Does that make sense?!
    One wonderful and perfect day everything will be USB-C..... including Apple devices!

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• That sounds a great start. It'll depend on what the power draw is - but we can make it work via USB power with the charger bit hopefully.
  • That sounds a great start. It'll depend on what the power draw is - but we can make it work via USB power with the charger bit hopefully.

• Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Is that your house marc?
    Not my place @Jon1. A colleague at PP.
    I guess he's being precautious! (Or, once out of shot he stripped off

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Is that your house marc?
    Not my place @Jon1. A colleague at PP.
    I guess he's being precautious! (Or, once out of shot he stripped off

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Hi marc,
    Carl76 on this thread has put his address up. In coded form but still easy to work out
  • Hi marc,
    Carl76 on this thread has put his address up. In coded form but still easy to work out

• Any updates on these for those of us in the pilot programme? Haven't heard anything further yet - but did see a BG van installing something in nextdoor's meter box. Was thinking "hope he hasn't got the wrong house"
  • Any updates on these for those of us in the pilot programme? Haven't heard anything further yet - but did see a BG van installing something in nextdoor's meter box. Was thinking "hope he hasn't got the wrong house"

Any updates on these for those of us in the pilot programme? Haven't heard anything further yet - but did see a BG van installing something in nextdoor's meter box. Was thinking "hope he hasn't got the wrong house"
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
    Any updates on these for those of us in the pilot programme? Haven't heard anything further yet - but did see a BG van installing something in nextdoor's meter box. Was thinking "hope he hasn't got the wrong house"
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

Hi @Jowl
    Won't be long now.
    I'll make sure I post a new thread this week with an update for all Members

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
    Hi @Jowl
    Won't be long now.
    I'll make sure I post a new thread this week with an update for all Members

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• No worries - just didn't want to have missed anything i need to respond to.

Me, Impatient?
  • No worries - just didn't want to have missed anything i need to respond to.

Me, Impatient?

No worries - just didn't want to have missed anything i need to respond to.

Me, Impatient?

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
    No worries - just didn't want to have missed anything i need to respond to.

Me, Impatient?

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​