• ALCARA 2ND GENERATION METER

I ALREADY HAVE A SECOND GENERATION METER INSTALLED CAN I LINK IT TO PURE PLANET? IF NOT WHY NOT PLEASE
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I ALREADY HAVE A SECOND GENERATION METER INSTALLED CAN I LINK IT TO PURE PLANET? IF NOT WHY NOT PLEASE
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Simon jo View Post
    I ALREADY HAVE A SECOND GENERATION METER INSTALLED CAN I LINK IT TO PURE PLANET? IF NOT WHY NOT PLEASE
    Hi Simon,

It should do as Pure do have the functionality to inherit your already installed Aclara S2 meter. It might be that they have a backlog and are working through them or your meter has lost wireless communications.

Are there flashing lights on the Comms hub (sat on top of the electric meter)? Are they flashing quickly or slowly?

I'd send a message through Wattbot for the PP team to have a look at the smart gain as they should be able to operate inherited smart meters now. It's just their own installations they're currently trialling.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Simon jo View Post
    Hi Simon,

It should do as Pure do have the functionality to inherit your already installed Aclara S2 meter. It might be that they have a backlog and are working through them or your meter has lost wireless communications.

Are there flashing lights on the Comms hub (sat on top of the electric meter)? Are they flashing quickly or slowly?

I'd send a message through Wattbot for the PP team to have a look at the smart gain as they should be able to operate inherited smart meters now. It's just their own installations they're currently trialling.

• Morning simon.
    PP are currently testing their systems and the app to make sure the smet2 meters work in every aspect and are fully compatible with the software. Lets face it nobody wants bugs in the system.
    Once complete then yes your meter will be linked up and operate as it should.
  • Morning simon.
    PP are currently testing their systems and the app to make sure the smet2 meters work in every aspect and are fully compatible with the software. Lets face it nobody wants bugs in the system.
    Once complete then yes your meter will be linked up and operate as it should.