• Pure Planet Community gets fresh new homepage design

Hi everyone

The Pure Planet Community has had a facelift!

Thanks to Members who helped out with our designs by giving feedback and making suggestions.

I hope that you agree that the homepage is clearer, with bolder fonts and bigger images. It’s also more mobile-friendly, with the same items in navigation and more content.

The new design's got a more prominent welcome, and more areas to promote the latest conversations.

In today's community platform update we made some other improvements and also squished a few bugs.

- We’ve fixed the photo upload issue where some weren’t appearing in posts. (It’s a good idea to clear your browser’s cache for this to take effect )

- Latest post links on the community homepage now go to thw latest post, not the first post, in a thread

- Best Answer ticks have been changed from pink to green, so that they stand out more

- The dull, grey loading screen when you first open the community from your app has finally gone, hooray!

- All community Members can now search by a specific section. You can do this by tapping on ‘search forum’ at the top of each section. For a community-wide search, just use the usual search bar at the top of every page.

That't it. I'm scanning for any new bugs that might have crept in. If you spot any please let me know!

Last edited by Marc; 05-02-19 at 14:50. Reason: Fixing font size
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi everyone

The Pure Planet Community has had a facelift!

Thanks to Members who helped out with our designs by giving feedback and making suggestions.

I hope that you agree that the homepage is clearer, with bolder fonts and bigger images. It’s also more mobile-friendly, with the same items in navigation and more content.

The new design's got a more prominent welcome, and more areas to promote the latest conversations.

In today's community platform update we made some other improvements and also squished a few bugs.

- We’ve fixed the photo upload issue where some weren’t appearing in posts. (It’s a good idea to clear your browser’s cache for this to take effect )

- Latest post links on the community homepage now go to thw latest post, not the first post, in a thread

- Best Answer ticks have been changed from pink to green, so that they stand out more

- The dull, grey loading screen when you first open the community from your app has finally gone, hooray!

- All community Members can now search by a specific section. You can do this by tapping on ‘search forum’ at the top of each section. For a community-wide search, just use the usual search bar at the top of every page.

That't it. I'm scanning for any new bugs that might have crept in. If you spot any please let me know!

• Hi Marc,

This looks great and will assist customers who are new or do not use the community very often...since my short time with PP I thought it would be easier in the long run.. by pointing peeps where to read the readily available info rather than providing the links (although links are great), relating to PP. Thats just my opinion.
  • Hi Marc,

This looks great and will assist customers who are new or do not use the community very often...since my short time with PP I thought it would be easier in the long run.. by pointing peeps where to read the readily available info rather than providing the links (although links are great), relating to PP. Thats just my opinion.
  • Glad you like it @Strutt G
    There's a couple of tweaks coming:

- Increasing the default font size when posting (cos the default is a bit small)
    - Adding a quick option to send a direct message under your profile, as it's a bit buried in there at the moment. You have to click on profile, and then 'send private message'. For mobile users, I'd like to add 'send a DM' to the hamburger menu. Our tech team are looking into this.

If you spot anything else, gimme a shout!
    Last edited by Marc; 05-02-19 at 14:50. Reason: Correcting info

• Glad you like it @Strutt G
    There's a couple of tweaks coming:

- Increasing the default font size when posting (cos the default is a bit small)
    - Adding a quick option to send a direct message under your profile, as it's a bit buried in there at the moment. You have to click on profile, and then 'send private message'. For mobile users, I'd like to add 'send a DM' to the hamburger menu. Our tech team are looking into this.

If you spot anything else, gimme a shout!

• This is what I like about PP - just launched new/updated community platform and already taking on members suggestions and planning tweaks!!!
    Brill, keep up the good work Pure Planet Humans 👍😄
  • This is what I like about PP - just launched new/updated community platform and already taking on members suggestions and planning tweaks!!!
    Brill, keep up the good work Pure Planet Humans 👍😄
  • I cant spot anywhere to check for new posts since last visit, am I missing it somewhere?
  • I cant spot anywhere to check for new posts since last visit, am I missing it somewhere?
  • Quote Originally Posted by JennyR68 View Post
    I cant spot anywhere to check for new posts since last visit, am I missing it somewhere?
    It's ok panic over, just didn't notice the 3 wee lines at the top 😂
  • Quote Originally Posted by JennyR68 View Post
    I cant spot anywhere to check for new posts since last visit, am I missing it somewhere?
    It's ok panic over, just didn't notice the 3 wee lines at the top 😂
  • nice, much improved but still a tad too much scrolling due mainly to the section sizes, ...well you always get some bu**er moaning! (butter?)
    testing...
    bold
    underlined
    green
    red
    blue
    the word green above previews in the same font as used for the other words below but posts differently
    Last edited by woz; 30-01-19 at 18:35.
  • nice, much improved but still a tad too much scrolling due mainly to the section sizes, ...well you always get some bu**er moaning! (butter?)
    testing...
    bold
    underlined
    green
    red
    blue
    the word green above previews in the same font as used for the other words below but posts differently
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    well you always get some bu**er moaning! (butter?)
    HAHAHAHA

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    well you always get some bu**er moaning! (butter?)
    HAHAHAHA

• The changes look great. Much improved.
  • The changes look great. Much improved.
  • Hello @Marc,

The new home page is a great improvement, just a few suggestions:

The number of people viewing each forum has been dropped, is that deliberate?

Putting the 'Start a conversation' button right at the top is a good idea as the 'Ask a question' forum is probably where most people want to go. However, it isn't immediately obvious that is where the new thread will go, so I would suggest either changing the text to read 'Do you have a question'? Alternatively it could read 'Start a conversation in the Ask the Community section'.

The number of different forums is growing and 'Ask the community' (by far the most used) is getting a little lost. Can its prominence be raised somehow?
  • Hello @Marc,

Putting the 'Start a conversation' button right at the top is a good idea as the 'Ask a question' forum is probably where most people want to go. However, it isn't immediately obvious that is where the new thread will go, so I would suggest either changing the text to read 'Do you have a question'? Alternatively it could read 'Start a conversation in the Ask the Community section'.

The number of different forums is growing and 'Ask the community' (by far the most used) is getting a little lost. Can its prominence be raised somehow?
  • Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Hello @Marc,

Hey @Lenny
    Thanks for this great feedback.

The new home page is a great improvement
    Glad to hear you think so. I agree. And we had a lot of help from community Members.

Yes. As part of the new design we wanted to remove some unnecessary clutter. We've kept the total number of people online currently.

Putting the 'Start a conversation' button right at the top is a good idea.
    However, it isn't immediately obvious that is where the new thread will go.
    That's true, except once you tap/click on 'start a conversation' you're taken to a new text editor view which shows which section you'll be posting in.

Name:  Start a conversation.JPG
Views: 31
Size:  56.0 KB

What it be useful if that was a dropdown selection? So that you could choose which forum to post in.
    Something like:

You're starting a new conversation in the 'Ask the community' section.
    [Change section]

What do you think?

Yep, Ask the community is indeed the most used. Not that long ago it was the only place to ask questions. It gets to a stage where we need other sections otherwise it gets a bit tricky to find things. At some stage in the future the generic 'Ask the Community' may not been needed at all.
    Really useful feedback this.

• Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Hello @Marc,

Hey @Lenny
    Thanks for this great feedback.

The new home page is a great improvement
    Glad to hear you think so. I agree. And we had a lot of help from community Members.

Yes. As part of the new design we wanted to remove some unnecessary clutter. We've kept the total number of people online currently.

Putting the 'Start a conversation' button right at the top is a good idea.
    However, it isn't immediately obvious that is where the new thread will go.
    That's true, except once you tap/click on 'start a conversation' you're taken to a new text editor view which shows which section you'll be posting in.

Name:  Start a conversation.JPG
Views: 31
Size:  56.0 KB

What it be useful if that was a dropdown selection? So that you could choose which forum to post in.
    Something like:

You're starting a new conversation in the 'Ask the community' section.
    [Change section]

What do you think?

Yep, Ask the community is indeed the most used. Not that long ago it was the only place to ask questions. It gets to a stage where we need other sections otherwise it gets a bit tricky to find things. At some stage in the future the generic 'Ask the Community' may not been needed at all.
    Really useful feedback this.

• Hello @Marc,

I think a drop down would be helpful, with 'Ask the Community' as the default. The reason I mentioned the numbers on each forum as it was easy to identify 'Ask the Community' as the place with the most activity.

There is a risk that having a large number of forums might be a little daunting for new users, whereas with a smaller number there are fewer places you have to look?

Feedback from members who have recently joined would be useful to help inform this balance?
  • Hello @Marc,

I think a drop down would be helpful, with 'Ask the Community' as the default. The reason I mentioned the numbers on each forum as it was easy to identify 'Ask the Community' as the place with the most activity.

There is a risk that having a large number of forums might be a little daunting for new users, whereas with a smaller number there are fewer places you have to look?

Feedback from members who have recently joined would be useful to help inform this balance?