• Meter readings

Hello. Due to switch in 3 days, provided meter readings and photos yesterday as per website app request but asked again today, is this usual?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hello. Due to switch in 3 days, provided meter readings and photos yesterday as per website app request but asked again today, is this usual?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi leonardw
    The inital readings i believe do not to show up in the app until they have been verified by the regulator.
    The annoying system is out dated and tiresome but sadly thats the way it works. You may also find your opening reading adjusted by the said regulator, why? You make ask. Well basically for no real reason apart from they can, the important thing is the readings they verify are used by old and new suppliers alike.
  • Hi leonardw
    The inital readings i believe do not to show up in the app until they have been verified by the regulator.
    The annoying system is out dated and tiresome but sadly thats the way it works. You may also find your opening reading adjusted by the said regulator, why? You make ask. Well basically for no real reason apart from they can, the important thing is the readings they verify are used by old and new suppliers alike.

• Quote Originally Posted by Nickcc View Post
    Hello. Due to switch in 3 days, provided meter readings and photos yesterday as per website app request but asked again today, is this usual?
    Not sure if it's meant to happen or not but yes that happened to me when I signed up too.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Nickcc View Post
    Not sure if it's meant to happen or not but yes that happened to me when I signed up too.

• Yeah, it happened to me too. So i just sent another reading just to be on the safe side.
  • Yeah, it happened to me too. So i just sent another reading just to be on the safe side.

• Like the others here, I too sent initial readings twice - once with photos and the next day without, having been asked for readings again. When I look at "Your usage > Reading history" the app still says "No meter readings yet". I would have thought it should show the initial readings, even though a statement has not yet been prepared. Is this normal? I would like to be sure that they have recorded the intial readings correctly as these will be passed to my previous supplier.
  • Like the others here, I too sent initial readings twice - once with photos and the next day without, having been asked for readings again. When I look at "Your usage > Reading history" the app still says "No meter readings yet". I would have thought it should show the initial readings, even though a statement has not yet been prepared. Is this normal? I would like to be sure that they have recorded the intial readings correctly as these will be passed to my previous supplier.

• Hi and welcome Nickcc

Seems to happen to a few of us. perhaps it's PP's "to be sure to be sure" we've sent the correct readings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickcc View Post
  • Hi and welcome Nickcc

Seems to happen to a few of us. perhaps it's PP's "to be sure to be sure" we've sent the correct readings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickcc View Post

• Thanks jon1. I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait to see what figure they come up with, though up to six weeks seems a long time for the regulator to check readings against past usage. It would be nicer for PP to show the readings I sent them, flagging them as "subject to verification", so that I at least know where they are starting from.

I don't want to pay for more than I need to at my previous supplier's prices which are higher than PP's.
  • Thanks jon1. I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait to see what figure they come up with, though up to six weeks seems a long time for the regulator to check readings against past usage. It would be nicer for PP to show the readings I sent them, flagging them as "subject to verification", so that I at least know where they are starting from.

I don't want to pay for more than I need to at my previous supplier's prices which are higher than PP's.

• Hi again. It wont take 6 weeks to verify the figures, it only takes that long for your final bill to arrive from your old supplier.
  • Hi again. It wont take 6 weeks to verify the figures, it only takes that long for your final bill to arrive from your old supplier.