• Trying to give a reading but only prompted for gas

So I'm trying to give my first meter readings. The gas one seemed to work fine, but the app doesn't prompt me for elec. Am I missing something?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • So I'm trying to give my first meter readings. The gas one seemed to work fine, but the app doesn't prompt me for elec. Am I missing something?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi Justin
    How long is it since you switched in? If it's only just try again tomorrow.
    First of all check your app is up to date, although it's unlikely that's the reason.
    If you've just joined my best guess is that your account is still being set up, maybe there' an issue reconciling the meter serial with the national database, which happens sometimes if the meter was changed?
    In any event it won't hurt send a photo of the meter showing the serial if possible. You may already have had a message asking for that- (check emails and wattbot), but there could be any number of reasons.

You will need to go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask there. Replies aren't instant, you should get a reply in a day or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Greenhalgh View Post
    So I'm trying to give my first meter readings. The gas one seemed to work fine, but the app doesn't prompt me for elec. Am I missing something?
  • hi Justin
    How long is it since you switched in? If it's only just try again tomorrow.
    First of all check your app is up to date, although it's unlikely that's the reason.
    If you've just joined my best guess is that your account is still being set up, maybe there' an issue reconciling the meter serial with the national database, which happens sometimes if the meter was changed?
    In any event it won't hurt send a photo of the meter showing the serial if possible. You may already have had a message asking for that- (check emails and wattbot), but there could be any number of reasons.

You will need to go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask there. Replies aren't instant, you should get a reply in a day or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Greenhalgh View Post

• Quote Originally Posted by Justin Greenhalgh View Post
    Hi @Justin Greenhalgh
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting.
    We do have a bug causing a server error at the moment.
    Your issue may be linked to that. Our tech team are sorting it.
    I think @woz is right, it's a good call to message the team about this.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Justin Greenhalgh View Post
    Hi @Justin Greenhalgh
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting.
    We do have a bug causing a server error at the moment.
    Your issue may be linked to that. Our tech team are sorting it.
    I think @woz is right, it's a good call to message the team about this.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Thanks Woz for hint on how to message the support team. Its another couple of days before I switch so I really am new! Marc clearly agrees. I'll have another go today and message the team if it still doesn't work.
  • Thanks Woz for hint on how to message the support team. Its another couple of days before I switch so I really am new! Marc clearly agrees. I'll have another go today and message the team if it still doesn't work.

• I've been having the same issue for months now, I'm stuck on gas meter readings only and not being given the option to submit an electricity meter reading.
  • I've been having the same issue for months now, I'm stuck on gas meter readings only and not being given the option to submit an electricity meter reading.

• hmmm, the first question is did it ever work or has it been broken from the start?
    In any event you need to communicate with the team, go to help, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask them to check why your electric account isn't showing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbieJeal View Post
    I've been having the same issue for months now, I'm stuck on gas meter readings only and not being given the option to submit an electricity meter reading.
  • hmmm, the first question is did it ever work or has it been broken from the start?
    In any event you need to communicate with the team, go to help, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask them to check why your electric account isn't showing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbieJeal View Post
    I've been having the same issue for months now, I'm stuck on gas meter readings only and not being given the option to submit an electricity meter reading.