• Spot the difference competition- thoughts ?

I can see why PP didn't do this but on the other hand number 1 is open to interpretation (i.e it doesn't say you can't manage on a platform other than smartphone or tablet)
    Thoughts?

1. Name:  pphomenotext-r.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  33.8 KB

2.Name:  pphomenotext-mod-r.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  34.9 KB
  • I can see why PP didn't do this but on the other hand number 1 is open to interpretation (i.e it doesn't say you can't manage on a platform other than smartphone or tablet)
    Thoughts?

1. Name:  pphomenotext-r.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  33.8 KB

2.Name:  pphomenotext-mod-r.jpg
Size:  34.9 KB
  • So, is pic 1 what it actually is, and pic 2 what you suggest it should be Woz, with the word “Only” added?
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • So, is pic 1 what it actually is, and pic 2 what you suggest it should be Woz, with the word “Only” added?

WALT WHITMAN
  • I suppose it all depends on peoples ability of 'comprehension' That line plus the 'switch in 60 secs with Britain's first app only renewable energy supplier' didn't leave any room for any other ideas with me. But I guess there's always some people need the obvious pointing out.
  • I suppose it all depends on peoples ability of 'comprehension' That line plus the 'switch in 60 secs with Britain's first app only renewable energy supplier' didn't leave any room for any other ideas with me. But I guess there's always some people need the obvious pointing out.
  • yep Bev, this was prompted by a would be (or now probably won't be ) customer Name:  wall.gif
Size:  2.3 KB, where my reply was that it was made clear that it was app only, but when I looked on the website, I couldn't really say hand-on-heart that it was errr..unambiguous (moneysupermarket is absolutely 100% clear though). I can see why PP haven't done this but wanted to open a dialogue for all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    So, is pic 1 what it actually is, and pic 2 what you suggest it should be Woz, with the word “Only” added?
    Last edited by woz; 21-01-19 at 22:15.
  • yep Bev, this was prompted by a would be (or now probably won't be ) customer Name:  wall.gif
Size:  2.3 KB, where my reply was that it was made clear that it was app only, but when I looked on the website, I couldn't really say hand-on-heart that it was errr..unambiguous (moneysupermarket is absolutely 100% clear though). I can see why PP haven't done this but wanted to open a dialogue for all.
    So, is pic 1 what it actually is, and pic 2 what you suggest it should be Woz, with the word “Only” added?
  • I'm not convinced it's that obvious, if a banking website says you can manage your account from an app you wouldn't automatically think that was the only way would you?
    But...like I said, I can see why PP might not want to use that wording.
    Quote Originally Posted by JennyR68 View Post
    I suppose it all depends on peoples ability of 'comprehension' That line plus the 'switch in 60 secs with Britain's first app only renewable energy supplier' didn't leave any room for any other ideas with me. But I guess there's always some people need the obvious pointing out.
    Last edited by woz; 21-01-19 at 22:16.
  • I'm not convinced it's that obvious, if a banking website says you can manage your account from an app you wouldn't automatically think that was the only way would you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JennyR68 View Post
    I suppose it all depends on peoples ability of 'comprehension' That line plus the 'switch in 60 secs with Britain's first app only renewable energy supplier' didn't leave any room for any other ideas with me. But I guess there's always some people need the obvious pointing out.
  • I suppose with the word “only” added, it steers it towards a limited feel, an almost negative feel. It’s not being dishonest in pic one, just making it more positive.

BUT BUT BUT, being an app only provider is a POSITIVE! We don’t want desktop fossils, and I’m not being rude, but this is for the 21st century brigade. It IS 2019 after all. You know I’m not some young whipper snapper 🤓with all the techno, but that’s my point. If I can use an iPad, and set up two accounts, then it’s not difficult is it?

So, maybe “only” puts a slight negative tone to the statement, but without it, I get your point.

Then again, Wozeeta, look how many join without even realising in the slightest. One word won’t make a big difference, it’s all about the pound signs for so many, who jump in with both feet🏊*♂️, THEN realise how deep they’re in. Same old story🙄🙄🙄. It’s about reading carefully, doing research, but we’re sensible people.

WALT WHITMAN
  • I suppose with the word “only” added, it steers it towards a limited feel, an almost negative feel. It’s not being dishonest in pic one, just making it more positive.

BUT BUT BUT, being an app only provider is a POSITIVE! We don’t want desktop fossils, and I’m not being rude, but this is for the 21st century brigade. It IS 2019 after all. You know I’m not some young whipper snapper 🤓with all the techno, but that’s my point. If I can use an iPad, and set up two accounts, then it’s not difficult is it?

So, maybe “only” puts a slight negative tone to the statement, but without it, I get your point.

Then again, Wozeeta, look how many join without even realising in the slightest. One word won’t make a big difference, it’s all about the pound signs for so many, who jump in with both feet🏊*♂️, THEN realise how deep they’re in. Same old story🙄🙄🙄. It’s about reading carefully, doing research, but we’re sensible people.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    I'm not convinced it's that obvious, if a banking website says you can manage your account from an app you wouldn't automatically think that was the only way would you?
    Yes but the actual switch bit does say 'app only'. Not saying it couldn't be made clearer for those that need it before that point, just it seemed perfectly clear to me by time reached the switch stage as understood only to mean only.
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    I'm not convinced it's that obvious, if a banking website says you can manage your account from an app you wouldn't automatically think that was the only way would you?
    Yes but the actual switch bit does say 'app only'. Not saying it couldn't be made clearer for those that need it before that point, just it seemed perfectly clear to me by time reached the switch stage as understood only to mean only.
  • @Bev and @JennyR68
    I agree, it does give it a "confining" feel which is almost certainly why PP haven't done it, the problem is exactly as you say, but it only takes one of the jumper-inners to put a negative slant on the transparency factor. Perhaps there should be another sentence under pic 1 to make it clear without being negative, like errr "If you join PP as your energy provider you will need a smartphone or tablet to run your account"
    It's about absolute transparency and covering your whatsits.

It's the old balancing act, don't want the prospective customer to feel misled.(haha even if they are wrong...)

I suppose with the word “only” added, it steers it towards a limited feel, an almost negative feel. It’s not being dishonest in pic one, just making it more positive.

BUT BUT BUT, being an app only provider is a POSITIVE! We don’t want desktop fossils, and I’m not being rude, but this is for the 21st century brigade. It IS 2019 after all. You know I’m not some young whipper snapper ������with all the techno, but that’s my point. If I can use an iPad, and set up two accounts, then it’s not difficult is it?

Then again, Wozeeta, look how many join without even realising in the slightest. One word won’t make a big difference, it’s all about the pound signs for so many, who jump in with both feet������*♂️, THEN realise how deep they’re in. Same old story��������������� ���. It’s about reading carefully, doing research, but we’re sensible people.
    Last edited by woz; 22-01-19 at 03:10.
  • @Bev and @JennyR68
    I agree, it does give it a "confining" feel which is almost certainly why PP haven't done it, the problem is exactly as you say, but it only takes one of the jumper-inners to put a negative slant on the transparency factor. Perhaps there should be another sentence under pic 1 to make it clear without being negative, like errr "If you join PP as your energy provider you will need a smartphone or tablet to run your account"
    It's about absolute transparency and covering your whatsits.

It's the old balancing act, don't want the prospective customer to feel misled.(haha even if they are wrong...)

I suppose with the word “only” added, it steers it towards a limited feel, an almost negative feel. It’s not being dishonest in pic one, just making it more positive.

BUT BUT BUT, being an app only provider is a POSITIVE! We don’t want desktop fossils, and I’m not being rude, but this is for the 21st century brigade. It IS 2019 after all. You know I’m not some young whipper snapper ������with all the techno, but that’s my point. If I can use an iPad, and set up two accounts, then it’s not difficult is it?

Then again, Wozeeta, look how many join without even realising in the slightest. One word won’t make a big difference, it’s all about the pound signs for so many, who jump in with both feet������*♂️, THEN realise how deep they’re in. Same old story��������������� ���. It’s about reading carefully, doing research, but we’re sensible people.