• Pure Planet app update - download version 7.16.1 now

Hi all

We’ve updated your Pure Planet app to version 7.16.1.

Get your update from the App Store or Google Play.

We’ve fixed a few bugs in the latest version, including the repeated requests for opening meter readings.

This updated has also added some improvements to the joining journey for new Members. We’ve made it clearer that your quote has different Summer and Winter payments and that we don’t have a call centre.

Thanks to everyone who has given us feedback and reported bugs.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi all

We’ve updated your Pure Planet app to version 7.16.1.

Get your update from the App Store or Google Play.

We’ve fixed a few bugs in the latest version, including the repeated requests for opening meter readings.

This updated has also added some improvements to the joining journey for new Members. We’ve made it clearer that your quote has different Summer and Winter payments and that we don’t have a call centre.

Thanks to everyone who has given us feedback and reported bugs.

• When I opened the app around lunchtime, before clicking on community balloon thingy, it told me an update was available 👍so did it immediately, and all seems fine 👏
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • When I opened the app around lunchtime, before clicking on community balloon thingy, it told me an update was available 👍so did it immediately, and all seems fine 👏
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • As usual, your on the ball Bev 👍👍
  • As usual, your on the ball Bev 👍👍
  • Cant submit meter reading due to app update not being available in my region.

Hi, I need to submit a meter reading by the 24th Jan, but the app will not open because it needs to be updated. And it cant be updated because apparently it is not available in my region. So basically I cant submit my meter reading? Anyone else getting this?

Admin/Support - can you please help?

I have an android phone.

Cheers
  • Hi, I need to submit a meter reading by the 24th Jan, but the app will not open because it needs to be updated. And it cant be updated because apparently it is not available in my region. So basically I cant submit my meter reading? Anyone else getting this?

I have an android phone.

Cheers
  • hi TJ2018
    good point well made (I think?)
    So presumably the app is saying you have to update (this is a new one for PP, crippling the app with an update prompt, have the developers forgotten to put a "not now" or "update later" button??)
    Oh dear..the update should eventually roll out to your platform/region if it already hasn't- try refreshing the app store to see if it's made it. If not the developers or google have screwed up or you've changed region?
    I presume the app was originally available in your region?
    Just in case have a look HERE
    In the meanwhile there's always tomorrow assuming you haven't left it till the last possible moment, and if it's any consolation it won't affect your DD, it's just a really irritating oversight..(unless I'm wrong in which case I apologise)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ2018 View Post
    Hi, I need to submit a meter reading by the 24th Jan, but the app will not open because it needs to be updated. And it cant be updated because apparently it is not available in my region. So basically I cant submit my meter reading? Anyone else getting this?

I have an android phone.

Cheers
    Last edited by woz; 21-01-19 at 20:34.
  • hi TJ2018
    good point well made (I think?)
    So presumably the app is saying you have to update (this is a new one for PP, crippling the app with an update prompt, have the developers forgotten to put a "not now" or "update later" button??)
    Oh dear..the update should eventually roll out to your platform/region if it already hasn't- try refreshing the app store to see if it's made it. If not the developers or google have screwed up or you've changed region?
    I presume the app was originally available in your region?
    Just in case have a look HERE
    In the meanwhile there's always tomorrow assuming you haven't left it till the last possible moment, and if it's any consolation it won't affect your DD, it's just a really irritating oversight..(unless I'm wrong in which case I apologise)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ2018 View Post

I have an android phone.

Cheers
  • Every time I submit a meter reading it says to recheck as it’s lower than expected was this a bug that’s been fixed as well?
  • Every time I submit a meter reading it says to recheck as it’s lower than expected was this a bug that’s been fixed as well?
  • Since latest update can't get Watt Bott to work. So no contact centre and now impossible to get help. Pathetic
  • Since latest update can't get Watt Bott to work. So no contact centre and now impossible to get help. Pathetic
  • Hi Dannyp5745,
    I think it is a ‘built in’ precautionary measure to make sure readings are accurate.👍
  • Hi Dannyp5745,
    I think it is a ‘built in’ precautionary measure to make sure readings are accurate.👍
  • Hi Pure Planet, trying to give you my meter readings but your app tells me to update first. But when I click 'open' to update it does not update and returns me to page on app telling me update. Therefore going round in a loop. How do I give my meter readings? Please send me email to sort. Thanks.
  • Hi Pure Planet, trying to give you my meter readings but your app tells me to update first. But when I click 'open' to update it does not update and returns me to page on app telling me update. Therefore going round in a loop. How do I give my meter readings? Please send me email to sort. Thanks.
  • Hi Rufus and @Marc
    it did that with me (ios) I think it worked and updated 2nd time I clicked "open" in the app store.

PP should have thought of this and included a "not now" or "update later" button.
    Try again and see my reply HERE @Marc Will hopefully pick this up tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus3228 View Post
    Hi Pure Planet, trying to give you my meter readings but your app tells me to update first. But when I click 'open' to update it does not update and returns me to page on app telling me update. Therefore going round in a loop. How do I give my meter readings? Please send me email to sort. Thanks.
  • Hi Rufus and @Marc
    it did that with me (ios) I think it worked and updated 2nd time I clicked "open" in the app store.

PP should have thought of this and included a "not now" or "update later" button.
    Try again and see my reply HERE @Marc Will hopefully pick this up tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus3228 View Post
    Hi Pure Planet, trying to give you my meter readings but your app tells me to update first. But when I click 'open' to update it does not update and returns me to page on app telling me update. Therefore going round in a loop. How do I give my meter readings? Please send me email to sort. Thanks.
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post

That would have been really usefully in negating the panic that set in when my stupid phone told me I had no room to update. I managed by cleaning all my app caches but it was scary for a while!
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post

That would have been really usefully in negating the panic that set in when my stupid phone told me I had no room to update. I managed by cleaning all my app caches but it was scary for a while!
  • Quote Originally Posted by Rufus3228 View Post
    Hi @Rufus3288 @woz
    This is because there are different 'versions' of the app store (held on different servers so that Apple can manage demand load better).
    It means some Members will see the updated version sooner than others.
    There's nothing we can do about that, alas.
    We did let everyone know that this could happen. This is what we said in the app update yesterday:

Name:  Pure Planet app update reach all app stores.JPG
Views: 276
Size:  30.3 KB

It usually takes no more than a couple of hours for the latest version of the app to hit all the different variants of the app store.

Hi @TJ2018
    Looping you into this post too, as I believe it affected you also.
    (BTW I've also moved your post into this thread, so I'm not posting duplicate replies in different places!)
    Last edited by Marc; 22-01-19 at 10:30. Reason: Looping in member TJ2018

• Quote Originally Posted by Rufus3228 View Post
    Hi @Rufus3288 @woz
    This is because there are different 'versions' of the app store (held on different servers so that Apple can manage demand load better).
    It means some Members will see the updated version sooner than others.
    There's nothing we can do about that, alas.
    We did let everyone know that this could happen. This is what we said in the app update yesterday:

Name:  Pure Planet app update reach all app stores.JPG
Views: 276
Size:  30.3 KB

It usually takes no more than a couple of hours for the latest version of the app to hit all the different variants of the app store.

Hi @TJ2018
    Looping you into this post too, as I believe it affected you also.
    (BTW I've also moved your post into this thread, so I'm not posting duplicate replies in different places!)

• Quote Originally Posted by richardduff View Post
    Since latest update can't get Watt Bott to work. So no contact centre and now impossible to get help.
    Hi @richardduff
    That's odd. There were no changes made to WattBot in the app update.
    What's happening for you?

• Quote Originally Posted by richardduff View Post
    Since latest update can't get Watt Bott to work. So no contact centre and now impossible to get help.
    Hi @richardduff
    That's odd. There were no changes made to WattBot in the app update.
    What's happening for you?

• Quote Originally Posted by Dannyp5745 View Post
    Every time I submit a meter reading it says to recheck as it’s lower than expected was this a bug that’s been fixed as well?
    Hi @Dannyp5745
    It's not a bug. It can happen if historical data for the property shows higher energy usage in the past.
    As it's been a pretty mild winter so far, it's not unusual for Members to get this message when submitting readings.
    Hope that makes sense?!

• Quote Originally Posted by Dannyp5745 View Post
    Every time I submit a meter reading it says to recheck as it’s lower than expected was this a bug that’s been fixed as well?
    Hi @Dannyp5745
    It's not a bug. It can happen if historical data for the property shows higher energy usage in the past.
    As it's been a pretty mild winter so far, it's not unusual for Members to get this message when submitting readings.
    Hope that makes sense?!

• Sound cheers marc
  • Sound cheers marc
  • Smooth upgrade on android
  • Smooth upgrade on android