• Hi Ange
    The technology does exist, I have no idea if cost but I don't think it would be cheap
    https://www.greencarcongress.com/201...0-amminex.html
  • Hi Ange
    The technology does exist, I have no idea if cost but I don't think it would be cheap
    https://www.greencarcongress.com/201...0-amminex.html
  • Lots of those vans selling coldish gunk, sadly not ice cream. Thats my moan over for an hour or 2.
  • Lots of those vans selling coldish gunk, sadly not ice cream. Thats my moan over for an hour or 2.
  • Oh this one was working with a top ice cream manufacturer, and they looked gorgeous ice creams. I’m not a fan of 🍦🍦🍦anyway but good to see moving to electric.

Liking these pink shaded headers at top of each thread to show most FAQ 👍👍👍👍👍btw.
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Oh this one was working with a top ice cream manufacturer, and they looked gorgeous ice creams. I’m not a fan of 🍦🍦🍦anyway but good to see moving to electric.

Liking these pink shaded headers at top of each thread to show most FAQ 👍👍👍👍👍btw.
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • What a shame, I'll so miss that hideous distorted 100 decibel rendition of the Match of the Day theme tune
    So much so that I've decided to share it with you all

Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    I’ve just watched an article on the first electric ice cream van ���������������� �������������. From Nissan. Looked pretty cool and instead of that hideous Greensleeves alert or whatever tune it plays, it’s now a silent tweet to parents showing its exact location ���������������� ���������������� ���������������� ����
  • What a shame, I'll so miss that hideous distorted 100 decibel rendition of the Match of the Day theme tune
    So much so that I've decided to share it with you all

Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    I’ve just watched an article on the first electric ice cream van ���������������� �������������. From Nissan. Looked pretty cool and instead of that hideous Greensleeves alert or whatever tune it plays, it’s now a silent tweet to parents showing its exact location ���������������� ���������������� ���������������� ����
  • Hydrogren-powered vehicles output water vapour, which is actually a more potent greenhouse gas than CO2, and would be discharged in vast quantities in urban centres if these vehicles gained a critical mass uptake. Clouds over cities tend to mean rain too through precipitation. Perhaps the water vapour can be condensed, captured and re-purposed in the home between journeys. Who knows. Anyway, another issue is that a lot of is energy required to separate water into its constituent parts of hydrogen and oxygen via electrolysis. That said, a lot of rare earth minerals are required to be mined and thus a lot of energy is required to manufacture the batteries required for EVs so neither option is perfect.
  • Hydrogren-powered vehicles output water vapour, which is actually a more potent greenhouse gas than CO2, and would be discharged in vast quantities in urban centres if these vehicles gained a critical mass uptake. Clouds over cities tend to mean rain too through precipitation. Perhaps the water vapour can be condensed, captured and re-purposed in the home between journeys. Who knows. Anyway, another issue is that a lot of is energy required to separate water into its constituent parts of hydrogen and oxygen via electrolysis. That said, a lot of rare earth minerals are required to be mined and thus a lot of energy is required to manufacture the batteries required for EVs so neither option is perfect.
  • @Duppy Putting cost aside, as new EVs although more affordable for some are still out of budget for others, 348 miles does not pose an issue for the current crop of EVs. I got mine a year ago with motors and battery tech from 2017, I could not afford the bigger battery last year (could do if I were to buy this year) but 348 miles is easily possible the way you describe. For the current crop of EVs this is no more than one charge (a few could get close to doing this with no charge) Charging time could be a lunch break, or 2 hours while you had your meeting, a couple of toilet stops instead (assuming fast enough chargers). Admittedly it takes a little more planning than just stopping a fuel station but all easily done. On recent road trip in EV did that kind of mileage several days in a row.
  • @Duppy Putting cost aside, as new EVs although more affordable for some are still out of budget for others, 348 miles does not pose an issue for the current crop of EVs. I got mine a year ago with motors and battery tech from 2017, I could not afford the bigger battery last year (could do if I were to buy this year) but 348 miles is easily possible the way you describe. For the current crop of EVs this is no more than one charge (a few could get close to doing this with no charge) Charging time could be a lunch break, or 2 hours while you had your meeting, a couple of toilet stops instead (assuming fast enough chargers). Admittedly it takes a little more planning than just stopping a fuel station but all easily done. On recent road trip in EV did that kind of mileage several days in a row.
  • Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooby View Post
    @Duppy Putting cost aside, as new EVs although more affordable for some are still out of budget for others, 348 miles does not pose an issue for the current crop of EVs. I got mine a year ago with motors and battery tech from 2017, I could not afford the bigger battery last year (could do if I were to buy this year) but 348 miles is easily possible the way you describe. For the current crop of EVs this is no more than one charge (a few could get close to doing this with no charge) Charging time could be a lunch break, or 2 hours while you had your meeting, a couple of toilet stops instead (assuming fast enough chargers). Admittedly it takes a little more planning than just stopping a fuel station but all easily done. On recent road trip in EV did that kind of mileage several days in a row.
    I understand some of the points you make, but what you missed was that the venue where the wedding was to be held did not have EV charging points,I don't think the bride to be would've been be too pleased if I had said you can't go here there's no chargers, and on the one stop I made at services, the same cars were occupying the chargers when I came out as when I went in. I certainly don't want to stop at every services on the off chance a charger may be unoccupied.
  • Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooby View Post
    @Duppy Putting cost aside, as new EVs although more affordable for some are still out of budget for others, 348 miles does not pose an issue for the current crop of EVs. I got mine a year ago with motors and battery tech from 2017, I could not afford the bigger battery last year (could do if I were to buy this year) but 348 miles is easily possible the way you describe. For the current crop of EVs this is no more than one charge (a few could get close to doing this with no charge) Charging time could be a lunch break, or 2 hours while you had your meeting, a couple of toilet stops instead (assuming fast enough chargers). Admittedly it takes a little more planning than just stopping a fuel station but all easily done. On recent road trip in EV did that kind of mileage several days in a row.
    I understand some of the points you make, but what you missed was that the venue where the wedding was to be held did not have EV charging points,I don't think the bride to be would've been be too pleased if I had said you can't go here there's no chargers, and on the one stop I made at services, the same cars were occupying the chargers when I came out as when I went in. I certainly don't want to stop at every services on the off chance a charger may be unoccupied.
  • Didn't mention charging at the Wedding so did not assume you could charge there and totally agree would not expect chargers to dictate wedding venue. You don't stop at every services to find a vacant charger, this is where a little more planning comes in. You look at apps or car and find local chargers to where you will be or vacant chargers and choose services that are free. It's a totally different way of thinking but it is far from impossible. The planning aspect seems like effort but it really is not that bad just a small bit or forethought required today, in the future less so. All I am trying to do is show that what you thought was a trip not possible in an EV is in fact very possible when you shift mind set away from fuelling stations to EV chargers. My other car is a v8, I am a petrol head, researched a lot before buying EV and now I have done it no matter how many miles I do a year I would never buy anything other than an EV again for a daily drive - the advantages far out way the disadvantages.
  • Didn't mention charging at the Wedding so did not assume you could charge there and totally agree would not expect chargers to dictate wedding venue. You don't stop at every services to find a vacant charger, this is where a little more planning comes in. You look at apps or car and find local chargers to where you will be or vacant chargers and choose services that are free. It's a totally different way of thinking but it is far from impossible. The planning aspect seems like effort but it really is not that bad just a small bit or forethought required today, in the future less so. All I am trying to do is show that what you thought was a trip not possible in an EV is in fact very possible when you shift mind set away from fuelling stations to EV chargers. My other car is a v8, I am a petrol head, researched a lot before buying EV and now I have done it no matter how many miles I do a year I would never buy anything other than an EV again for a daily drive - the advantages far out way the disadvantages.
  • It’s also worth pointing out that a hydrogen fuel cell car/truck etc still actually uses a decent amount of battery storage in the vehicle too, so while still not needing as much storage capacity as a BEV it is still a significant part of a FCEV drivetrain. So there will still be plenty of li-ion cells needed (or whatever battery chemistry replaces li-ion in future) regardless of what type of EV car design is chosen.
  • It’s also worth pointing out that a hydrogen fuel cell car/truck etc still actually uses a decent amount of battery storage in the vehicle too, so while still not needing as much storage capacity as a BEV it is still a significant part of a FCEV drivetrain. So there will still be plenty of li-ion cells needed (or whatever battery chemistry replaces li-ion in future) regardless of what type of EV car design is chosen.