• Android 4 users and Pure Planet app update

Hi everyone

We’ve got an update to your Pure Planet app coming soon and I wanted to tell you a bit more in the community about how it’ll affect some Members with Android phones.

The Pure Planet app supports Android version 5 (known as ‘Lollipop’) and above. We know that there are a handful of our Members who’ve got devices running Android 4.

Last year Google dropped its support for Android 4 - because it’s on just 0.03% of its phones and tablets. If your phone is running Android 4, we’ve been able to keep your app working until now.

In our next app update which is coming next week we’ll be changing the way that some of our Members’ account info is pulled into the app (our tech team tell me these are called APIs! ).

This will mean that after the app is updated, all Members will need to update their app the next time they open it. The app will go directly to Google Play where you just tap on ‘update’.

If you’re running Android 4 on your phone or tablet, you’ll see a message in your app which will explain that you’ll need to update your software first.

Here’s a guide from Google on how to check which version of Android your phone’s running, and how to update it.

That’s it! Any questions? Let’s talk about it here in the community.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi everyone

We’ve got an update to your Pure Planet app coming soon and I wanted to tell you a bit more in the community about how it’ll affect some Members with Android phones.

The Pure Planet app supports Android version 5 (known as ‘Lollipop’) and above. We know that there are a handful of our Members who’ve got devices running Android 4.

Last year Google dropped its support for Android 4 - because it’s on just 0.03% of its phones and tablets. If your phone is running Android 4, we’ve been able to keep your app working until now.

In our next app update which is coming next week we’ll be changing the way that some of our Members’ account info is pulled into the app (our tech team tell me these are called APIs! ).

This will mean that after the app is updated, all Members will need to update their app the next time they open it. The app will go directly to Google Play where you just tap on ‘update’.

If you’re running Android 4 on your phone or tablet, you’ll see a message in your app which will explain that you’ll need to update your software first.

Here’s a guide from Google on how to check which version of Android your phone’s running, and how to update it.

That’s it! Any questions? Let’s talk about it here in the community.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet