• If your not asleep you will be now

This is not an issue just geeky stuff.
    Joined PP with my calculated Useage G:17250 E:2000
    Just checked 10/01/18 - 12/01/19. G:16942 E:1991
    Industry advises PP. G:19285 E:2410
    It all comes out in the wash and in money terms the industry calculation v my joining projection is £120 more a year.

Sorry not very interesting...zzzzzzz
    Last edited by Strutt G; 15-01-19 at 01:27.
  • This is not an issue just geeky stuff.
    Joined PP with my calculated Useage G:17250 E:2000
    Just checked 10/01/18 - 12/01/19. G:16942 E:1991
    Industry advises PP. G:19285 E:2410
    It all comes out in the wash and in money terms the industry calculation v my joining projection is £120 more a year.

Sorry not very interesting...zzzzzzz

• hi StruttG
    So it looks like your estimation was nearer what was actually used, so 2 questions spring to mind:
    1.On what did you base your estimate?
    2. On what did the "industry" base their estimate, where did the figure come from?

This is quite interesting to geeks, the "industry" estimate is just over 13% high for gas and 20% high for electricity.

I wonder how much of the "industry" figure overestimate is due to warmer than usual weather...Name:  zzz.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  1.3 KB
    Last edited by woz; 15-01-19 at 01:50.
  • hi StruttG
    So it looks like your estimation was nearer what was actually used, so 2 questions spring to mind:
    1.On what did you base your estimate?
    2. On what did the "industry" base their estimate, where did the figure come from?

This is quite interesting to geeks, the "industry" estimate is just over 13% high for gas and 20% high for electricity.

I wonder how much of the "industry" figure overestimate is due to warmer than usual weather...Name:  zzz.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  1.3 KB

• Hi Woz,

1) Spread sheet crunchers all the numbers based on regular reads
    2) I guess based on my previous suppliers lack of quality assurance..remember that term

I.e. EE advised quarterly billing, but turned into adhoc billing along with all other fiascos. I remember a high Useage on the Gas a few months ago but the final gas (pending Elec)show Useage at 17663 advising over 12 months with dates from mid Oct to mid Dec 18 so just 4 days less than 14 months...but with all that it's wrong. But I'm in credit as expected even with managing my escape and not paying final DD's noted in other threads.

I may of misunderstood the involvement of third party.."industry" process when switching?

I should of posted later cos eyes must be glazing over
  • Hi Woz,

1) Spread sheet crunchers all the numbers based on regular reads
    2) I guess based on my previous suppliers lack of quality assurance..remember that term

I.e. EE advised quarterly billing, but turned into adhoc billing along with all other fiascos. I remember a high Useage on the Gas a few months ago but the final gas (pending Elec)show Useage at 17663 advising over 12 months with dates from mid Oct to mid Dec 18 so just 4 days less than 14 months...but with all that it's wrong. But I'm in credit as expected even with managing my escape and not paying final DD's noted in other threads.

I may of misunderstood the involvement of third party.."industry" process when switching?

I should of posted later cos eyes must be glazing over

• I think we need more info on where the industry estimates come from, how the 3rd party verification works and where they get their information.
    Maybe most people lie so they just add a percentage...(that's me being cynical)
  • I think we need more info on where the industry estimates come from, how the 3rd party verification works and where they get their information.
    Maybe most people lie so they just add a percentage...(that's me being cynical)

• Glad you mentioned this, because it was bugging me (oh dear what have I be become), so I have just called Ofgem for the first time..honest...the frontline customer team did not know what I was talking about and I pressed a little further and they said there is only an adjudicater for business accounts only...so I was stumped?
  • Glad you mentioned this, because it was bugging me (oh dear what have I be become), so I have just called Ofgem for the first time..honest...the frontline customer team did not know what I was talking about and I pressed a little further and they said there is only an adjudicater for business accounts only...so I was stumped?

• You're not alone, we need to get @Marc to give us the inside info on how the 3rd party verification works...
    Calling Ofgem...it could only end badly....
    Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Glad you mentioned this, because it was bugging me (oh dear what have I be become), so I have just called Ofgem for the first time..honest...the frontline customer team did not know what I was talking about and I pressed a little further and they said there is only an adjudicater for business accounts only...so I was stumped?
  • You're not alone, we need to get @Marc to give us the inside info on how the 3rd party verification works...
    Calling Ofgem...it could only end badly....
    Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    Glad you mentioned this, because it was bugging me (oh dear what have I be become), so I have just called Ofgem for the first time..honest...the frontline customer team did not know what I was talking about and I pressed a little further and they said there is only an adjudicater for business accounts only...so I was stumped?