• Talking The new Nissan Leaf arrives

At last! The new Nissan Leaf arrived today.

Here it is on the tow truck

Name:  Nissan Leaf on tow truck.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  1.90 MB

And in the driveway

Name:  Nissan Leaf on the driveway.JPG
Views: 99
Size:  2.52 MB

Even though the Leaf was delivered with close to 100% charged battery, I've just quickly tested out the home charger - which was installed late last year.

Name:  Nissan Leaf charge.JPG
Views: 95
Size:  3.90 MB

I'm happy to say that it works...!

Right, I'm off for a spin.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• At last! The new Nissan Leaf arrived today.

Here it is on the tow truck

Name:  Nissan Leaf on tow truck.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  1.90 MB

And in the driveway

Name:  Nissan Leaf on the driveway.JPG
Views: 99
Size:  2.52 MB

Even though the Leaf was delivered with close to 100% charged battery, I've just quickly tested out the home charger - which was installed late last year.

Name:  Nissan Leaf charge.JPG
Views: 95
Size:  3.90 MB

I'm happy to say that it works...!

Right, I'm off for a spin.

• Looks smart Marc! Keep us posted on how it lives up to the hype. I've been thinking of changing my wife's Toyota Aygo for a Leaf.
  • Looks smart Marc! Keep us posted on how it lives up to the hype. I've been thinking of changing my wife's Toyota Aygo for a Leaf.
  • What a beauty! The bungalow that is 😂😂😂😂👍. The 🍁is pretty gorge too Marc! Enjoy! 🏎💥🔋
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • What a beauty! The bungalow that is 😂😂😂😂👍. The 🍁is pretty gorge too Marc! Enjoy! 🏎💥🔋

WALT WHITMAN
  • I wanted to get a new car for the wife but the dealer wouldn't take her in part exchange...
    I'll get my coat...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakbank View Post
    Looks smart Marc! Keep us posted on how it lives up to the hype. I've been thinking of changing my wife's Toyota Aygo for a Leaf.
  • I wanted to get a new car for the wife but the dealer wouldn't take her in part exchange...
    I'll get my coat...
    Looks smart Marc! Keep us posted on how it lives up to the hype. I've been thinking of changing my wife's Toyota Aygo for a Leaf.
  • lovely marc, I wish you well with it.
    Looking forward to hear your experiences..

however...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQDDbDET53o

and
    Name:  carwash-r.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  20.3 KB
  • lovely marc, I wish you well with it.

however...

and
  • Q1. Is there an interlock to prevent you driving off while it's plugged in?

Q2. Is the charging cable rated for sub-zero temperatures?
  • Q1. Is there an interlock to prevent you driving off while it's plugged in?

• No definitive answer from me on point 1, but just to say I can't imagine you would be allowed to drive the car while the connector is plugged in but some functions must work because you can defrost while connected so it's a good question.

As far as the charging cable goes it has a specification probably IEC62196-(a number) probably a 3 which was 2014, in which I think the dash 1 version dictates an ambient temperature range for use of -30C to +50C, which I think is the same in -3 version
    The designation depends on what type of cable it is so I'm guessing it's that spec.
    So the answer is yes
  • No definitive answer from me on point 1, but just to say I can't imagine you would be allowed to drive the car while the connector is plugged in but some functions must work because you can defrost while connected so it's a good question.

As far as the charging cable goes it has a specification probably IEC62196-(a number) probably a 3 which was 2014, in which I think the dash 1 version dictates an ambient temperature range for use of -30C to +50C, which I think is the same in -3 version
    The designation depends on what type of cable it is so I'm guessing it's that spec.
    So the answer is yes
  • Can just picture it being reversed off the drive, still attached to charger, and the blue hose going tight like a dog on a lead, then Marc suddenly realising 🙀😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • Can just picture it being reversed off the drive, still attached to charger, and the blue hose going tight like a dog on a lead, then Marc suddenly realising 🙀😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • and if they elasticated the cable that would make life really interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Can just picture it being reversed off the drive, still attached to charger, and the blue hose going tight like a dog on a lead, then Marc suddenly realising ���������������� ���������������� ���������������� ���������������� �����������
  • and if they elasticated the cable that would make life really interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Can just picture it being reversed off the drive, still attached to charger, and the blue hose going tight like a dog on a lead, then Marc suddenly realising ���������������� ���������������� ���������������� ���������������� �����������
  • Pretty sure you can’t put it in Drive or Reverse with a cable connected. You can turn it on whilst charging so you can have heating whilst you wait if reqd
  • Pretty sure you can’t put it in Drive or Reverse with a cable connected. You can turn it on whilst charging so you can have heating whilst you wait if reqd
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    lovely marc, I wish you well with it.

however...

and

Hahaha @woz
    It was that or 'fire' red and I'm not quite ready for my mid-life crisis (that'll be the Tesla, next!)

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    lovely marc, I wish you well with it.

however...

and

Hahaha @woz
    It was that or 'fire' red and I'm not quite ready for my mid-life crisis (that'll be the Tesla, next!)

• Quote Originally Posted by Oakbank View Post
    Q1. Is there an interlock to prevent you driving off while it's plugged in?

Hey @Oakbank
    Yep there's a lock to prevent me driving off with it plugged in. Thankfully!
    I'm not 100% sure about the temperatures. I'll need to look into that.
    How cold does it get where you are?

• Quote Originally Posted by Oakbank View Post
    Q1. Is there an interlock to prevent you driving off while it's plugged in?

Hey @Oakbank

• Temperature answered above -30C to +50C, if it gets colder or hotter than that we're all doomed anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hey @Oakbank
  • Temperature answered above -30C to +50C, if it gets colder or hotter than that we're all doomed anyway...
    Hey @Oakbank
  • Marc

-5 fairly common with -10 not unknown up here. It's "taps aff" if it ever reaches 15 or above!

Standard PVC insulated extension cable is okay down to -15, but only as long as it is undisturbed. Done a bit of Googling and discovered EV charging cables are good down to -30. You'll be fine as long as you stay away from the Arctic

Hey @Oakbank
  • Marc

-5 fairly common with -10 not unknown up here. It's "taps aff" if it ever reaches 15 or above!

Standard PVC insulated extension cable is okay down to -15, but only as long as it is undisturbed. Done a bit of Googling and discovered EV charging cables are good down to -30. You'll be fine as long as you stay away from the Arctic

Hey @Oakbank
  • Hi Woz

I've worked in places that have exceeded both these values!

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Temperature answered above -30C to +50C, if it gets colder or hotter than that we're all doomed anyway...
  • Hi Woz

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Temperature answered above -30C to +50C, if it gets colder or hotter than that we're all doomed anyway...
  • lol, I can probably handle +50 so Libya is OK (weather not politics) but if we get down to -30 I'm going into hibernation.
    The cable might be OK to -30, but will the car work (well it might work but you can't charge it)?
    It would appear not but then neither will any diesel cars.
    Have a read of THIS
    Hi Woz

• lol, I can probably handle +50 so Libya is OK (weather not politics) but if we get down to -30 I'm going into hibernation.
    The cable might be OK to -30, but will the car work (well it might work but you can't charge it)?
    It would appear not but then neither will any diesel cars.
    Have a read of THIS
    Hi Woz

• This is cool. Google maps just updated on my Android phone.
    Great timing

Name:  Google maps EV charging points.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  82.6 KB

• This is cool. Google maps just updated on my Android phone.
    Great timing

Name:  Google maps EV charging points.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  82.6 KB

• Congrats on your new Leaf 40
    If you would like a snapshot from leaf spy I’m just outside Bath
    Might be useful to keep a history of the battery
  • Congrats on your new Leaf 40
  • Leaf Spy link for anyone interested
  • Leaf Spy link for anyone interested
  • Quote Originally Posted by Eastbath View Post
    Congrats on your new Leaf 40
    Sounds interesting. I've just registered with the official Nissan Connect app and used it to switch on climate control via my phone today, while I was still indoors having a cup of tea. That will definitely come in useful on frosty mornings.

Have you got the Leaf Spy up and running @Eastbath ? The official app is promising me data on my CO2 savings, average energy consumption, driving performance, braking performance...

• Quote Originally Posted by Eastbath View Post
    Congrats on your new Leaf 40
    Sounds interesting. I've just registered with the official Nissan Connect app and used it to switch on climate control via my phone today, while I was still indoors having a cup of tea. That will definitely come in useful on frosty mornings.

Have you got the Leaf Spy up and running @Eastbath ? The official app is promising me data on my CO2 savings, average energy consumption, driving performance, braking performance...