• Hi Marc
    Yes I Gabe leafspy up and running
    It gives a far more comprehensive set of information about the battery and cars performance over time than the app which in itself is really useful. I personally set a climate control timer during weekdays and it’s defrosted and toasty every morning, a true but of luxury in my opinion.
    Leaf spy gives you info like battery state of health so nice to know now as it’s new in your case and maybe every so often to see how it ages. Plus a load of other stuff like individual cell voltages temperature sensor temps motor rpm etc etc
    Have a look on the App Store or the Android equivalent
    You need the app and a WiFi or Bluetooth obd11 dongle
    As I say I’m just outside Bath so if you like to use mine for a snapshot that would be fine
    How does one pm on this board as I don’t particularly want to post my mail address or contact details to the world?
  • Hi Marc
    It gives a far more comprehensive set of information about the battery and cars performance over time than the app which in itself is really useful. I personally set a climate control timer during weekdays and it’s defrosted and toasty every morning, a true but of luxury in my opinion.
    Leaf spy gives you info like battery state of health so nice to know now as it’s new in your case and maybe every so often to see how it ages. Plus a load of other stuff like individual cell voltages temperature sensor temps motor rpm etc etc
    As I say I’m just outside Bath so if you like to use mine for a snapshot that would be fine
    How does one pm on this board as I don’t particularly want to post my mail address or contact details to the world?
  • little envelope top rhs for sending a DM (direct message) (or a PM)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastbath View Post
    Hi Marc
  • little envelope top rhs for sending a DM (direct message) (or a PM)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastbath View Post
    Hi Marc
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    little envelope top rhs for sending a DM (direct message) (or a PM)
    Cheers Woz, thanks for pointing that out
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    little envelope top rhs for sending a DM (direct message) (or a PM)
    Cheers Woz, thanks for pointing that out
  • I guess in time Marc we must all take a leaf out of your book. Sorry! There is I believe an upgraded model coming for the Leaf that will take the anticipated mileage into the 200s. Real mileage that is, not advertiser’s puffing. I looked at the Leaf a couple of months back and the garage at least were honest about the anticipated mileage of around 170. When I pointed out that it would be no good to me as for example my son lives 86 miles away and there is nowhere near him where I could charge up, the sales lady replied “That’s alright sir, if you are going on a journey like that just call in and we will lend you a petrol car”!

- - - Updated - - -

My wife has an Aygo. Now 10 years old. A great car. The perfect car to be all electric!

- - - Updated - - -

No interlock needed. Surely the cable just unrolls behind you as you drive so you are always connected?!!
  • I guess in time Marc we must all take a leaf out of your book. Sorry! There is I believe an upgraded model coming for the Leaf that will take the anticipated mileage into the 200s. Real mileage that is, not advertiser’s puffing. I looked at the Leaf a couple of months back and the garage at least were honest about the anticipated mileage of around 170. When I pointed out that it would be no good to me as for example my son lives 86 miles away and there is nowhere near him where I could charge up, the sales lady replied “That’s alright sir, if you are going on a journey like that just call in and we will lend you a petrol car”!

- - - Updated - - -

My wife has an Aygo. Now 10 years old. A great car. The perfect car to be all electric!

- - - Updated - - -

No interlock needed. Surely the cable just unrolls behind you as you drive so you are always connected?!!
  • Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    I guess in time Marc we must all take a leaf out of your book. Sorry! There is I believe an upgraded model coming for the Leaf that will take the anticipated mileage into the 200s. Real mileage that is, not advertiser’s puffing.
    Hey @G4RHL yep the new model coming later in 2019 was announced on the very same day that mine arrived! Ah well, my daily trips are no more than 40 miles so it's no big deal for me. I've got 170+ miles from one charge in the Leaf, even in this cold weather we've had.

I'm surprised Toyota hasn't done more with EVs. They had a lot of success with the hybrid Prius if course.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    I guess in time Marc we must all take a leaf out of your book. Sorry! There is I believe an upgraded model coming for the Leaf that will take the anticipated mileage into the 200s. Real mileage that is, not advertiser’s puffing.
    Hey @G4RHL yep the new model coming later in 2019 was announced on the very same day that mine arrived! Ah well, my daily trips are no more than 40 miles so it's no big deal for me. I've got 170+ miles from one charge in the Leaf, even in this cold weather we've had.

I'm surprised Toyota hasn't done more with EVs. They had a lot of success with the hybrid Prius if course.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• That’s good to know. The 170 miles in the cold that is. The overall issue is one of mixed points to consider - the miles a full charge will cover, whether there are charging points at one’s destination (or ones that can be used en route), the depreciation in the car, the cost of replacement batteries and the method of purchase that is the best in the circumstances. The one issue that is not is whose electricity to use!! Hard to PP’s!!
    Richard
  • That’s good to know. The 170 miles in the cold that is. The overall issue is one of mixed points to consider - the miles a full charge will cover, whether there are charging points at one’s destination (or ones that can be used en route), the depreciation in the car, the cost of replacement batteries and the method of purchase that is the best in the circumstances. The one issue that is not is whose electricity to use!! Hard to PP’s!!
    Richard