• Insulation Grants

My loft insulation is grossly inadequate, ( it has not been touched since I moved in 27 years ago ) and is very thin.
    I am a pensioner and my wife receives DLA and PIP due to ill health, and I was looking for insulation grants.
    Looking online, it is full of firms claiming to deal with the grants on your behalf, but some seem to be information gathering sites, as I filled in one and now receive emails from various companies about the installation but no mention of the grants.
    Has anyone applied for insulation grants, and what company did you use.
    Any help or advice welcome.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • My loft insulation is grossly inadequate, ( it has not been touched since I moved in 27 years ago ) and is very thin.
    I am a pensioner and my wife receives DLA and PIP due to ill health, and I was looking for insulation grants.
    Looking online, it is full of firms claiming to deal with the grants on your behalf, but some seem to be information gathering sites, as I filled in one and now receive emails from various companies about the installation but no mention of the grants.
    Has anyone applied for insulation grants, and what company did you use.
    Any help or advice welcome.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hello Duppy
    I think in general the funding for such things has more or less dried up. It also depends on where you live, i would check with your local council,gp,citizans advice to see if they know of anything. And yes please be careful as there are some groups as you say who are just agents collecting info to sell on.
  • Hello Duppy
    I think in general the funding for such things has more or less dried up. It also depends on where you live, i would check with your local council,gp,citizans advice to see if they know of anything. And yes please be careful as there are some groups as you say who are just agents collecting info to sell on.

• Duppy

Definitely check with your local authority. Depending on when in the budgetary year you ask you might get lucky. Bear in mind councils like to keep people in their own homes as long as possible as it's a lot cheaper than care homes.

I would also speak with charities, such as Age Concern. They may have volunteers who could install loft insulation for you if you buy it. The stuff isn't expensive, so the payback period is pretty quick.
    Do you have any family, friends, neighbours or contacts through church who could provide someone fit and agile enough to lay insulation for you?
  • Duppy

Definitely check with your local authority. Depending on when in the budgetary year you ask you might get lucky. Bear in mind councils like to keep people in their own homes as long as possible as it's a lot cheaper than care homes.

I would also speak with charities, such as Age Concern. They may have volunteers who could install loft insulation for you if you buy it. The stuff isn't expensive, so the payback period is pretty quick.
    Do you have any family, friends, neighbours or contacts through church who could provide someone fit and agile enough to lay insulation for you?