• Norway leading the way.

Yes new data shows that norway have set a new world record for the number of electric cars sold.
    31.4 % off all new car sales in norway during 2018 were electric. 5 yrs ago it was only 5%.
    Will the uk be at this level within 5 years????
  • Yes new data shows that norway have set a new world record for the number of electric cars sold.
    31.4 % off all new car sales in norway during 2018 were electric. 5 yrs ago it was only 5%.
    Will the uk be at this level within 5 years????
  • Sadly not unless the government pull their fingers out with some incentives (out of what I'm not sure).
    Remember the last scrappage scheme?
    In your dreams...

Norway have zero road and registration tax, zero import tax, zero vat, zero tolls and free parking in cities for electric vehicles.
    I don't know what the charging point infrastructure is like, but I'll bet it's better than in the UK per capita.
    So for now I'm afraid they are for the few not the many (now where have I heard that one before...)
  • Sadly not unless the government pull their fingers out with some incentives (out of what I'm not sure).
    Remember the last scrappage scheme?
    In your dreams...

Norway have zero road and registration tax, zero import tax, zero vat, zero tolls and free parking in cities for electric vehicles.
    I don't know what the charging point infrastructure is like, but I'll bet it's better than in the UK per capita.
    So for now I'm afraid they are for the few not the many (now where have I heard that one before...)