• What background brought you here?

Hello all, would be interested to know, if you wish to share,what occupations fellow PP members have. For the record I work in secondary education. I am a biology teacher.

Thanks in advance of any responses.
  • Hello all, would be interested to know, if you wish to share,what occupations fellow PP members have. For the record I work in secondary education. I am a biology teacher.

Thanks in advance of any responses.
  • You might like the Spotlight πŸ’‘thread we do here, Daspy? I will even nominate you if you’re interested?! 🀷*β™€οΈπŸ‘
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • You might like the Spotlight πŸ’‘thread we do here, Daspy? I will even nominate you if you’re interested?! 🀷*β™€οΈπŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    You might like the Spotlight πŸ’‘thread we do here, Daspy? I will even nominate you if you’re interested?! 🀷*β™€οΈπŸ‘
    Bev
    Am I either too new to the community or too niave?
    You might like the Spotlight πŸ’‘thread we do here, Daspy? I will even nominate you if you’re interested?! 🀷*β™€οΈπŸ‘
    Bev
    Am I either too new to the community or too niave?
  • Neither Dasp. Spotlight πŸ’‘is a thread where community members are asked a few questions by community manager Marc πŸ‘. Just simple things like your work, spare time hobbies🀸*β™‚οΈπŸ„*β™‚οΈπŸ‹οΈ*β™‚οΈπŸ, interests, what you ate for breakfast πŸ₯€πŸ³πŸhow you came to join PP πŸ’‘and so on.

you can provide a selfie 🀳for the feature, or if you prefer just an avatar 🐢or something representative of your interests πŸ¦„πŸor yourself.

Each month, Marc publishes a featured member, and we all get to learn a little more about one another πŸ‘.

Give it a go Daspy!

WALT WHITMAN
  • Neither Dasp. Spotlight πŸ’‘is a thread where community members are asked a few questions by community manager Marc πŸ‘. Just simple things like your work, spare time hobbies🀸*β™‚οΈπŸ„*β™‚οΈπŸ‹οΈ*β™‚οΈπŸ, interests, what you ate for breakfast πŸ₯€πŸ³πŸhow you came to join PP πŸ’‘and so on.

you can provide a selfie 🀳for the feature, or if you prefer just an avatar 🐢or something representative of your interests πŸ¦„πŸor yourself.

Each month, Marc publishes a featured member, and we all get to learn a little more about one another πŸ‘.

Give it a go Daspy!

WALT WHITMAN
  • Well done @Bev. If your not into politics then frankly you should be as you somehow managed to avoid answering the question.hahahaha.
    Me i am a farm manager, but were not an actual farm. Basically i look after and manage the property for the elderly businessman that owns it, maintaining the buildings and grounds to ensure the business can run smoothly and gardens look nice for owners and guests.
  • Well done @Bev. If your not into politics then frankly you should be as you somehow managed to avoid answering the question.hahahaha.
    Me i am a farm manager, but were not an actual farm. Basically i look after and manage the property for the elderly businessman that owns it, maintaining the buildings and grounds to ensure the business can run smoothly and gardens look nice for owners and guests.
  • πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚spot on Jon! Too private! Learnt the ways to digress πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Only kidding, it’s all in my Spotlight πŸ‘πŸ’‘(well as much of it as I wish to divulge anyhow πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚).

You have the most IDYLLIC job ya bugger πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘. Truly do. I dream of my secluded white cottage daily, on life! Mmmmmmm πŸ‘πŸ”πŸ”πŸ₯πŸ₯🐝🐝🐷🐷🦊🐰🐱🠐ΆπŸ¦‰πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸΏπŸΏπŸ¦” πŸ¦”πŸ‘πŸπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•. Even if it never happens, it’s still such a positive IMO to visualise it daily in head. Virtual escapismπŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚spot on Jon! Too private! Learnt the ways to digress πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Only kidding, it’s all in my Spotlight πŸ‘πŸ’‘(well as much of it as I wish to divulge anyhow πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚).

You have the most IDYLLIC job ya bugger πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘. Truly do. I dream of my secluded white cottage daily, on life! Mmmmmmm πŸ‘πŸ”πŸ”πŸ₯πŸ₯🐝🐝🐷🐷🦊🐰🐱🠐ΆπŸ¦‰πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸΏπŸΏπŸ¦” πŸ¦”πŸ‘πŸπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•. Even if it never happens, it’s still such a positive IMO to visualise it daily in head. Virtual escapismπŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Happy to get involved Bev. But not sure there's much of interest to share, but happy to be nominated.
    Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers Jon1 nice to know.
  • Happy to get involved Bev. But not sure there's much of interest to share, but happy to be nominated.
    Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers Jon1 nice to know.
  • Perfect Daspy, thank you πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Marc, I’d love to nominate Dasp for the Spotlight πŸ’‘feature πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Perfect Daspy, thank you πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Marc, I’d love to nominate Dasp for the Spotlight πŸ’‘feature πŸ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • ahhh....I've heard you on the Archers...(it is real)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Well done @Bev. If your not into politics then frankly you should be as you somehow managed to avoid answering the question.hahahaha.
  • ahhh....I've heard you on the Archers...(it is real)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Well done @Bev. If your not into politics then frankly you should be as you somehow managed to avoid answering the question.hahahaha.
    Perfect Daspy, thank you

Marc, I’d love to nominate Dasp for the Spotlight feature
    That's great to hear! Nice one @Daspy
    I will send you a DM with more info.
    Thanks @Bev
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

Perfect Daspy, thank you

Marc, I’d love to nominate Dasp for the Spotlight feature
    That's great to hear! Nice one @Daspy
    I will send you a DM with more info.
    Thanks @Bev
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• I was one of the bad boys killing the planet. Retired now after 40 years commissioning natural gas processing facilities around the world. I sometimes found myself asking β€œWhy is oil & gas nearly always found in the hottest, coldest, driest, wettest, most miserable, most politically unstable and dangerous places on the planet, and never next to a 5-star beach resort?”
  • I was one of the bad boys killing the planet. Retired now after 40 years commissioning natural gas processing facilities around the world. I sometimes found myself asking β€œWhy is oil & gas nearly always found in the hottest, coldest, driest, wettest, most miserable, most politically unstable and dangerous places on the planet, and never next to a 5-star beach resort?”
  • Jon1 miles from my original thread I know but....
    If I am not mistaken is your avatar pic a bee hive which I think looks like a national? Are you an apiarist. If so how many hives, what variety of bee and how well have you been doing recently?

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers Oakbank. My reply to your thought, for what it's worth, would be coz that's how the law of Sod works. Oh and by the way in some way we've all been/are bad boys (or girls) at some point. I 've only in last 12 months stopped driving a diesel.
  • Jon1 miles from my original thread I know but....
    If I am not mistaken is your avatar pic a bee hive which I think looks like a national? Are you an apiarist. If so how many hives, what variety of bee and how well have you been doing recently?

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers Oakbank. My reply to your thought, for what it's worth, would be coz that's how the law of Sod works. Oh and by the way in some way we've all been/are bad boys (or girls) at some point. I 've only in last 12 months stopped driving a diesel.
  • Hi daspy.
    Yes it is a bee hive. The boss while having honey with his breakfast one morning decided he would like to produce his own.
    The following week im on a course all about bee keeping and the hive was ordered along with a nuc of bees.
    The hive itself is a flowhive, with lots of sarky comments and back stabbing remarks from the local bee keeping society,i have actually found it very easy to use. The boss is obviously impressed as a second hive has now arrived and awaiting more bees.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • Hi daspy.
    Yes it is a bee hive. The boss while having honey with his breakfast one morning decided he would like to produce his own.
    The following week im on a course all about bee keeping and the hive was ordered along with a nuc of bees.
    The hive itself is a flowhive, with lots of sarky comments and back stabbing remarks from the local bee keeping society,i have actually found it very easy to use. The boss is obviously impressed as a second hive has now arrived and awaiting more bees.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • Great to hear. I've lost 2 hives in the last few years weather and Varroa issues. Hoping to reinvest again this spring 2019.Working with students at my school in Macclesfield.
  • Great to hear. I've lost 2 hives in the last few years weather and Varroa issues. Hoping to reinvest again this spring 2019.Working with students at my school in Macclesfield.
  • tongue in cheek reply follows...
    perhaps because no-one wants to build a 5 star resort next to a gas processing facility..
    (and ££££ trumps ££)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakbank View Post
    I was one of the bad boys killing the planet. Retired now after 40 years commissioning natural gas processing facilities around the world. I sometimes found myself asking β€œWhy is oil & gas nearly always found in the hottest, coldest, driest, wettest, most miserable, most politically unstable and dangerous places on the planet, and never next to a 5-star beach resort?”
  • tongue in cheek reply follows...
    perhaps because no-one wants to build a 5 star resort next to a gas processing facility..
    (and ££££ trumps ££)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakbank View Post
    I was one of the bad boys killing the planet. Retired now after 40 years commissioning natural gas processing facilities around the world. I sometimes found myself asking β€œWhy is oil & gas nearly always found in the hottest, coldest, driest, wettest, most miserable, most politically unstable and dangerous places on the planet, and never next to a 5-star beach resort?”
  • Woz,
    I feel you've nailed it there.
  • Woz,
    I feel you've nailed it there.