• Hi Woz. Already paid some of the bills from previous supplier as you suggest. Still think should all have been sorted 4 months down the line. Told previous supplier and pp about health issues. No useful response from either. As a pensioner don't have unlimited funds to keep dealing with this. Costing me £100 per month. Ridiculous. Usage +fee should be £20 max. Think I might take legal advice. Make me more ill to try a switch and find same probs.
  • Hi Woz. Already paid some of the bills from previous supplier as you suggest. Still think should all have been sorted 4 months down the line. Told previous supplier and pp about health issues. No useful response from either. As a pensioner don't have unlimited funds to keep dealing with this. Costing me £100 per month. Ridiculous. Usage +fee should be £20 max. Think I might take legal advice. Make me more ill to try a switch and find same probs.

• hi Mugs
    I'm confused as to what's happening here.
    1. Have you typed "message the team" through help in the app and asked if they have supplied final readings to your old supplier and confirmed what those readings are (make note of them)

2.Have you had a final bill from your previous supplier yet? If yes are the closing readings the same as PP have put on your statement?
    If so all good, if not..
    3. Once you have those readings from PP you can contact the previous supplier and ask, has your previous supplier received the closing readings from PP?
    4.If so they should have produced a final bill.
    If not ask for the name of a manager/or someone more senior who can deal with this, write the name down. Speak to the manager, see if they can do anything. Get their contact details email or phone or both
    5.If above leads to a dead end back to wattbot, message the team and ask PP to contact that person.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugs View Post
    Hi Woz. Already paid some of the bills from previous supplier as you suggest. Still think should all have been sorted 4 months down the line. Told previous supplier and pp about health issues. No useful response from either. As a pensioner don't have unlimited funds to keep dealing with this. Costing me £100 per month. Ridiculous. Usage +fee should be £20 max. Think I might take legal advice. Make me more ill to try a switch and find same probs.
  • hi Mugs
    I'm confused as to what's happening here.
    1. Have you typed "message the team" through help in the app and asked if they have supplied final readings to your old supplier and confirmed what those readings are (make note of them)

2.Have you had a final bill from your previous supplier yet? If yes are the closing readings the same as PP have put on your statement?
    If so all good, if not..
    3. Once you have those readings from PP you can contact the previous supplier and ask, has your previous supplier received the closing readings from PP?
    4.If so they should have produced a final bill.
    If not ask for the name of a manager/or someone more senior who can deal with this, write the name down. Speak to the manager, see if they can do anything. Get their contact details email or phone or both
    5.If above leads to a dead end back to wattbot, message the team and ask PP to contact that person.

Hi Woz. Already paid some of the bills from previous supplier as you suggest. Still think should all have been sorted 4 months down the line. Told previous supplier and pp about health issues. No useful response from either. As a pensioner don't have unlimited funds to keep dealing with this. Costing me £100 per month. Ridiculous. Usage +fee should be £20 max. Think I might take legal advice. Make me more ill to try a switch and find same probs.

• I'm having exactly same issue I switched in December and previous supplier says PP haven't been in touch and I'm getting threatening letters of them!
  • I'm having exactly same issue I switched in December and previous supplier says PP haven't been in touch and I'm getting threatening letters of them!

• I am having problems them registering any of my electrcity readings. I have submitted the opening, then one a couple of months later, then one last week. I have now been asked to submit it again, just one week later, so they in their words 'start billing'. I am now worried that they do not have the original reading and that I will be overcharged. I never kept the three readings as never had problems with other suppliers. This whole app thing is sees stressing me out, there is no-one to speak to or email.
  • I am having problems them registering any of my electrcity readings. I have submitted the opening, then one a couple of months later, then one last week. I have now been asked to submit it again, just one week later, so they in their words 'start billing'. I am now worried that they do not have the original reading and that I will be overcharged. I never kept the three readings as never had problems with other suppliers. This whole app thing is sees stressing me out, there is no-one to speak to or email.

• Hi Woz. Points 1 yes, 2 no not yet. 3. Yes have reading finally from pp, but last contact with previous supplier they had not received, and will not take from me, also say they cannot talk to pp. Up the down staircase we go again then. Will wait another fortnight then try again. Fed up with it. Everything else seems simple by comparison.
  • Hi Woz. Points 1 yes, 2 no not yet. 3. Yes have reading finally from pp, but last contact with previous supplier they had not received, and will not take from me, also say they cannot talk to pp. Up the down staircase we go again then. Will wait another fortnight then try again. Fed up with it. Everything else seems simple by comparison.

• hi Mugs
    In view of the time gone by to try to resolve this so far which is way beyond reasonable, you now need to take 2 steps in the following order.
    Firstly Who are your previous supplier? i ask so I can look at their complaints procedure.

1. type "message the team" in wattbot and ask them to contact your previous supplier because the previous supplier are using PP as an excuse not to produce your final bill. They (PP)aren't obliged to do this but given your circumstances I'm sure they will agree. Wait for a response from PP about this.
    1a. You may then need to contact your previous supplier to ask for a point of contact who PP can talk to.Get a name and a reference which points to your case from them

2.Depending on the answer from PP you may then need to contact your old supplier by email or letter (letter is better, ask for proof of postage when you send it, recorded is expensive and unnecessary at this stage) and tell them you wish to submit a formal complaint with a view to eventually contacting Ofgem. They will have a complaints procedure which you should have already used, if not you should do that now because they will quote possibly 8 weeks if not resolved before you can go to Ofgem.

Hi Woz. Points 1 yes, 2 no not yet. 3. Yes have reading finally from pp, but last contact with previous supplier they had not received, and will not take from me, also say they cannot talk to pp. Up the down staircase we go again then. Will wait another fortnight then try again. Fed up with it. Everything else seems simple by comparison.
  • hi Mugs
    In view of the time gone by to try to resolve this so far which is way beyond reasonable, you now need to take 2 steps in the following order.
    Firstly Who are your previous supplier? i ask so I can look at their complaints procedure.

1. type "message the team" in wattbot and ask them to contact your previous supplier because the previous supplier are using PP as an excuse not to produce your final bill. They (PP)aren't obliged to do this but given your circumstances I'm sure they will agree. Wait for a response from PP about this.
    1a. You may then need to contact your previous supplier to ask for a point of contact who PP can talk to.Get a name and a reference which points to your case from them

2.Depending on the answer from PP you may then need to contact your old supplier by email or letter (letter is better, ask for proof of postage when you send it, recorded is expensive and unnecessary at this stage) and tell them you wish to submit a formal complaint with a view to eventually contacting Ofgem. They will have a complaints procedure which you should have already used, if not you should do that now because they will quote possibly 8 weeks if not resolved before you can go to Ofgem.

Hi Woz. Points 1 yes, 2 no not yet. 3. Yes have reading finally from pp, but last contact with previous supplier they had not received, and will not take from me, also say they cannot talk to pp. Up the down staircase we go again then. Will wait another fortnight then try again. Fed up with it. Everything else seems simple by comparison.

• hi Naffdaff
    They (PP), should have the original reading but it will make little difference as your usage is going to be fairly constant (for electric), the readings are sent to a third party regulator for verification anyway, so the changeover reading may differ anyway. You won't be charged for the same electricity twice and you won't be overcharged, they can only charge for what you've used once the opening readings are accepted - but even if an error is made it can be disputed anyway, as long as the error in changeover readings is out of accepted tolerance (250kWh E and 109cum gas)

There is someone to contact at PP you have to type " message the team" in wattbot in help in the app and you'll get a reply (not instant).
    You need to give them a chance to sort it out, once your readings are verified the balance on the statement will be corrected and in the meanwhile you're paying the amount on your quote which won't change while it's being sorted.

If your annual usage estimate was reasonably near it will all work out without any stress required.

I'm trying to be sensitive here but I can't say I've seen anything in your post which should cause stress, PP just want to check that all is well with the meter readings.
    An app based supplier isn't for everyone and the last thing PP want is a stressed customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Naffdaff View Post
    I am having problems them registering any of my electrcity readings. I have submitted the opening, then one a couple of months later, then one last week. I have now been asked to submit it again, just one week later, so they in their words 'start billing'. I am now worried that they do not have the original reading and that I will be overcharged. I never kept the three readings as never had problems with other suppliers. This whole app thing is sees stressing me out, there is no-one to speak to or email.
    Last edited by woz; 10-02-19 at 00:09. Reason: cream cheese with radish detected
  • hi Naffdaff
    They (PP), should have the original reading but it will make little difference as your usage is going to be fairly constant (for electric), the readings are sent to a third party regulator for verification anyway, so the changeover reading may differ anyway. You won't be charged for the same electricity twice and you won't be overcharged, they can only charge for what you've used once the opening readings are accepted - but even if an error is made it can be disputed anyway, as long as the error in changeover readings is out of accepted tolerance (250kWh E and 109cum gas)

There is someone to contact at PP you have to type " message the team" in wattbot in help in the app and you'll get a reply (not instant).
    You need to give them a chance to sort it out, once your readings are verified the balance on the statement will be corrected and in the meanwhile you're paying the amount on your quote which won't change while it's being sorted.

If your annual usage estimate was reasonably near it will all work out without any stress required.

I'm trying to be sensitive here but I can't say I've seen anything in your post which should cause stress, PP just want to check that all is well with the meter readings.
    An app based supplier isn't for everyone and the last thing PP want is a stressed customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Naffdaff View Post
    I am having problems them registering any of my electrcity readings. I have submitted the opening, then one a couple of months later, then one last week. I have now been asked to submit it again, just one week later, so they in their words 'start billing'. I am now worried that they do not have the original reading and that I will be overcharged. I never kept the three readings as never had problems with other suppliers. This whole app thing is sees stressing me out, there is no-one to speak to or email.

• Dear woz, I know you are trying to help and I appreciate it, but I think I mentioned that I have mental health issues? I am quite incapable of dealing with this issue. It causes me so much stress and anxiety. A quick tap of comments on a post I can handle. The odd phone call or "message the team" but anything more simply not possible. I've done all the simple things and issue not yet resolved. Can't do any more.
  • Dear woz, I know you are trying to help and I appreciate it, but I think I mentioned that I have mental health issues? I am quite incapable of dealing with this issue. It causes me so much stress and anxiety. A quick tap of comments on a post I can handle. The odd phone call or "message the team" but anything more simply not possible. I've done all the simple things and issue not yet resolved. Can't do any more.

• Hi Mugs
    Sorry to hear that, I'm sure PP will contact your old provider, do you not have anyone who can help you? A relative for example? Also have you filled in the Priority Services Register part of the app? click 3 white lines at top then It's in the Account section of the app.

Dear woz, I know you are trying to help and I appreciate it, but I think I mentioned that I have mental health issues? I am quite incapable of dealing with this issue. It causes me so much stress and anxiety. A quick tap of comments on a post I can handle. The odd phone call or "message the team" but anything more simply not possible. I've done all the simple things and issue not yet resolved. Can't do any more.
    Last edited by woz; 10-02-19 at 22:41.
  • Hi Mugs
    Sorry to hear that, I'm sure PP will contact your old provider, do you not have anyone who can help you? A relative for example? Also have you filled in the Priority Services Register part of the app? click 3 white lines at top then It's in the Account section of the app.

Dear woz, I know you are trying to help and I appreciate it, but I think I mentioned that I have mental health issues? I am quite incapable of dealing with this issue. It causes me so much stress and anxiety. A quick tap of comments on a post I can handle. The odd phone call or "message the team" but anything more simply not possible. I've done all the simple things and issue not yet resolved. Can't do any more.

• Hi @Mugs
    Thanks for posting in the community
    I've flagged this with our Member services team. They got your message requesting a DD review. The issue is that your previous supplier is disputing your opening readings.
    They can't accurately review your usage and your monthly DD until they've got an opening meter reading for you. The reading dispute was raised in January and it can take up to 12 weeks to be agreed.
    As @woz has suggested, is there anyone else who can contact your previous supplier on your behalf?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi @Mugs
    Thanks for posting in the community
    I've flagged this with our Member services team. They got your message requesting a DD review. The issue is that your previous supplier is disputing your opening readings.
    They can't accurately review your usage and your monthly DD until they've got an opening meter reading for you. The reading dispute was raised in January and it can take up to 12 weeks to be agreed.
    As @woz has suggested, is there anyone else who can contact your previous supplier on your behalf?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Sadly no, not really anyone I can ask easily. However I gather age UK have people who can help, maybe. Am screwing up energy etc to contact them for an apptmt to discuss.
    Am astonished previous supplier is disputing reading. Flat was empty for 3 or more months before I took it. Landlords agent gave me reading which had been noted and agreed with previous tenant who had signed up to previous supplier. Presumably this tenant either switched to a new supplier at new location or stayed with same outfit. Either way must surely have given a final meter reading on moving out? So how can the reading they insist on using is 400kwh too much?
  • Sadly no, not really anyone I can ask easily. However I gather age UK have people who can help, maybe. Am screwing up energy etc to contact them for an apptmt to discuss.
    Am astonished previous supplier is disputing reading. Flat was empty for 3 or more months before I took it. Landlords agent gave me reading which had been noted and agreed with previous tenant who had signed up to previous supplier. Presumably this tenant either switched to a new supplier at new location or stayed with same outfit. Either way must surely have given a final meter reading on moving out? So how can the reading they insist on using is 400kwh too much?

• hi mugs
    just because the flat was empty doesn’t mean there was no electricity use, perhaps You need to get the agent to confirm the figures?
    Sadly no, not really anyone I can ask easily. However I gather age UK have people who can help, maybe. Am screwing up energy etc to contact them for an apptmt to discuss.
  • hi mugs
    just because the flat was empty doesn’t mean there was no electricity use, perhaps You need to get the agent to confirm the figures?
    Sadly no, not really anyone I can ask easily. However I gather age UK have people who can help, maybe. Am screwing up energy etc to contact them for an apptmt to discuss.