• Moving away from Pure Planet

I have decided to move to a new supplier, who have already charged me in advance in the same way as Pure Planet. I have also been charged in advance for the month from PP, which means I am paying twice for next month's energy.

PP know I am leaving and I also have a credit balance with them so would have not needed to take the money this month. I left the Direct Debit live because this will allow them to refund monies due.

My main issue is that I cannot contact PP. The app no longer allows me to submit meter readings, presumably since I am in the process of leaving them. This means I can no longer see what my balance is either. I would like to know when I have moved officially, what they owe me and when they are going to refund this to me. All of this would have been pretty easy to do if I had been able to continue using the app, but the only option available to me on the app now is to re-join by switching or getting a quote which I do not want to do. I can not find any email or contact phone number at all, so am hoping someone gets in touch with me after I left a message on Wattbot.

Does anyone have any information about how I can get some answers please?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I have decided to move to a new supplier, who have already charged me in advance in the same way as Pure Planet. I have also been charged in advance for the month from PP, which means I am paying twice for next month's energy.

PP know I am leaving and I also have a credit balance with them so would have not needed to take the money this month. I left the Direct Debit live because this will allow them to refund monies due.

My main issue is that I cannot contact PP. The app no longer allows me to submit meter readings, presumably since I am in the process of leaving them. This means I can no longer see what my balance is either. I would like to know when I have moved officially, what they owe me and when they are going to refund this to me. All of this would have been pretty easy to do if I had been able to continue using the app, but the only option available to me on the app now is to re-join by switching or getting a quote which I do not want to do. I can not find any email or contact phone number at all, so am hoping someone gets in touch with me after I left a message on Wattbot.

Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi there
    The team will still receive the message and will get back to you shortly.

As you are leaving the new supplier will ask you for readings when complete and these will be sent through industry processes to PP to close the account. This can take a number of weeks when they'll then send a final statement and arrange for any final credit to be refunded through the direct debit.
  • Hi there
    The team will still receive the message and will get back to you shortly.

As you are leaving the new supplier will ask you for readings when complete and these will be sent through industry processes to PP to close the account. This can take a number of weeks when they'll then send a final statement and arrange for any final credit to be refunded through the direct debit.

• Quote Originally Posted by richard987654321 View Post
    I have decided to move to a new supplier, who have already charged me in advance in the same way as Pure Planet. I have also been charged in advance for the month from PP, which means I am paying twice for next month's energy.

Hi Richard,
    I would like to think that pp would get back to you because you left a message on Wattbot. It can take a few days though before a response. Also, @Marc from the pp team may pick up on this and help resolve your problem. I would allow some extra time due to the festive period. Good luck
  • Quote Originally Posted by richard987654321 View Post

Hi Richard,
    I would like to think that pp would get back to you because you left a message on Wattbot. It can take a few days though before a response. Also, @Marc from the pp team may pick up on this and help resolve your problem. I would allow some extra time due to the festive period. Good luck

• Hi @richard987654321
    The reply from @MrSmart explains it perfectly.
    We'll close your account (and refund you) once we receive and agree opening meter readings from your new supplier. This can take to six weeks - here's a bit more info on that.
    Also, we're working on updates to the app which will mean people who switch away can still get access to their account for a set period of time.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @richard987654321
    The reply from @MrSmart explains it perfectly.
    We'll close your account (and refund you) once we receive and agree opening meter readings from your new supplier. This can take to six weeks - here's a bit more info on that.
    Also, we're working on updates to the app which will mean people who switch away can still get access to their account for a set period of time.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​