• Customer services not replying to emails

Hi
    I’ve sent 2 email messages and further instructions due to an incorrect final gas reading when this account was opened.
    I’m still awaiting a reply from the following 2 references
    136409 sent 13 December 18
    054176 sent 11 December 18
    Despite being informed that a reply would be provided, I have not received a reply or a return telephone call. There appears to be no telephone number which can be used to contact customer support.
    I would appreciate a call .... not an email on why an incorrect estimate meter reading was used considering an actual and photograph reading was provided to terminate my account from a previous supplier.

- - - Updated - - -

I shall be submitting a meter reading for the GAS as 2012, as this should have been used to Open this account with.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi
    I’ve sent 2 email messages and further instructions due to an incorrect final gas reading when this account was opened.
    Despite being informed that a reply would be provided, I have not received a reply or a return telephone call. There appears to be no telephone number which can be used to contact customer support.
    I would appreciate a call .... not an email on why an incorrect estimate meter reading was used considering an actual and photograph reading was provided to terminate my account from a previous supplier.

- - - Updated - - -

I shall be submitting a meter reading for the GAS as 2012, as this should have been used to Open this account with.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi there
    One of the essential key facts about PP is that they don't do phone calls. There is a messaging service via Wattbot, you ask it to message the team, and having got over a recent backlog they say that they're responding within two working days as promised. Worth a try?
  • Hi there
    One of the essential key facts about PP is that they don't do phone calls. There is a messaging service via Wattbot, you ask it to message the team, and having got over a recent backlog they say that they're responding within two working days as promised. Worth a try?

• Best Answer

Hi @Gdury
    I've replied your post in another thread - which I've now moved here.
    In case you missed it:
    I know that Tom from our Member services team has been chatting with you, and that he asked for a new gas reading from you so that he can raise a dispute.
    We got the gas reading from you on 18 December, but it's exactly the same as your opening gas reading.
    We need a new, up to date gas reading from you before a dispute can be raised.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi @Gdury
    I've replied your post in another thread - which I've now moved here.
    In case you missed it:
    I know that Tom from our Member services team has been chatting with you, and that he asked for a new gas reading from you so that he can raise a dispute.
    We got the gas reading from you on 18 December, but it's exactly the same as your opening gas reading.

• Hi there I can't speak for why they haven't replied as yet but @Marc Will be able to look into it for you when he's around

As for your reading, if you provided them were they provided in time? If they were was there a reading with your old supplier that could cause the data collector to reject a new reading? The readings provided to a new supplier are sent to a 3rd party to be verified against the meter reading history. If they don't fit the DC wont validate them and send a deemed reading instead to both suppliers. Both suppliers should be using the same reading, if it's totally different then either supplier can dispute it but if it's within several units then it won't make much difference to the two billing periods.
  • Hi there I can't speak for why they haven't replied as yet but @Marc Will be able to look into it for you when he's around

As for your reading, if you provided them were they provided in time? If they were was there a reading with your old supplier that could cause the data collector to reject a new reading? The readings provided to a new supplier are sent to a 3rd party to be verified against the meter reading history. If they don't fit the DC wont validate them and send a deemed reading instead to both suppliers. Both suppliers should be using the same reading, if it's totally different then either supplier can dispute it but if it's within several units then it won't make much difference to the two billing periods.

• hi Gdury
    You are quite correct, there appears to be no number because PP don't have a call centre because that helps keep costs down.
    Help is via wattbot in help in the app, type "message the team" and ask. (It's not an instant service,)
    I have no doubt your query will be dealt with, as already said if the reading which was agreed to open your account was beyond the agreed tolerance it can be disputed. (If it's within tolerance the difference in £ (this depends on the difference in unit price between your old and new supplier) will not be worth bothering about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdury View Post
    Hi

- - - Updated - - -

• hi Gdury
    You are quite correct, there appears to be no number because PP don't have a call centre because that helps keep costs down.
    Help is via wattbot in help in the app, type "message the team" and ask. (It's not an instant service,)
    I have no doubt your query will be dealt with, as already said if the reading which was agreed to open your account was beyond the agreed tolerance it can be disputed. (If it's within tolerance the difference in £ (this depends on the difference in unit price between your old and new supplier) will not be worth bothering about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdury View Post
    Hi

- - - Updated - - -

• I agree with the above community members, also, the reference numbers indicate something is happening albeit a little slow perhaps (Pure Planet have been working through a backlog of posts but are now back on track).
    Regards
  • I agree with the above community members, also, the reference numbers indicate something is happening albeit a little slow perhaps (Pure Planet have been working through a backlog of posts but are now back on track).
    Regards

• Hi Teq
    I’m finding the same situation, very disappointing that PP don’t use the meter readings and photo evidence you provide.
    I’m still waiting for a reply to 2 emails since 11th December 18.
    I don’t want a dispute, I want it resolved!
  • Hi Teq
    I’m finding the same situation, very disappointing that PP don’t use the meter readings and photo evidence you provide.

• Quote Originally Posted by Gdury View Post
    Hi Teq
    Hi @Gdury
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting.

Hi Teq
    Hi @Gdury
    Thanks for posting.

• Hi Users
    Thank you for your comments.
    I still haven’t received any communication from PP on my emails or a courtesy telephone call.
    Very poor service!!!
  • Hi Users
    I still haven’t received any communication from PP on my emails or a courtesy telephone call.
    Very poor service!!!

Hi Users
    Very poor service!!!
    Hi Gdury,
    Sorry you feel you've had a bad experience and I hope you get things sorted soon.
    Try to be patient and give the team time to fix this. My experience of getting issues fixed has been good so far. Did you send the up to date reading as requested? Hopefully @Marc Will see this and get the issue resolved. Good luck
    Hi Users
    Very poor service!!!
    Hi Gdury,
    Sorry you feel you've had a bad experience and I hope you get things sorted soon.
    Try to be patient and give the team time to fix this. My experience of getting issues fixed has been good so far. Did you send the up to date reading as requested? Hopefully @Marc Will see this and get the issue resolved. Good luck

• Quote Originally Posted by The Thinker View Post
    Hi Gdury,
    Hi @The Thinker
    Our Member services team have been chatting to @Gdury
    The issue is that we've asked for new gas readings, and were sent old ones.
    But hopefully new ones will be sent!

• Quote Originally Posted by The Thinker View Post
    Hi Gdury,
    Hi @The Thinker
    Our Member services team have been chatting to @Gdury
    The issue is that we've asked for new gas readings, and were sent old ones.
    But hopefully new ones will be sent!

• Marc
    I've not seen any posting on the Community website from "Tom". I have only received 2 emails (both with different reference numbers) saying Planet would look into it,but so far as I've previously stated I have not received a call or acknowledgement of the actual GAS reading submitted at the same time as the electrical reading.
    I submitted the GAS reading of 2012 and this was accompanied by a photo of the reading. Your opening GAS reading for this account was Estimated at 2179, this is incorrect. If it was a few units out, then I would not really be bothered. The fact the difference is 167 units is quite significant.
    I have sent you an updated Electrical meter reading and I'm disputing the GAS reading you have used. Please refer to the photograph submitted at the time of opening the account and internally find out why you have used an Estimated figure which is 167 units out.
    I look forward to this matter being finalised with the correct figure provided.
  • Marc
    I've not seen any posting on the Community website from "Tom". I have only received 2 emails (both with different reference numbers) saying Planet would look into it,but so far as I've previously stated I have not received a call or acknowledgement of the actual GAS reading submitted at the same time as the electrical reading.
    I submitted the GAS reading of 2012 and this was accompanied by a photo of the reading. Your opening GAS reading for this account was Estimated at 2179, this is incorrect. If it was a few units out, then I would not really be bothered. The fact the difference is 167 units is quite significant.
    I have sent you an updated Electrical meter reading and I'm disputing the GAS reading you have used. Please refer to the photograph submitted at the time of opening the account and internally find out why you have used an Estimated figure which is 167 units out.
    I look forward to this matter being finalised with the correct figure provided.

I've not seen any posting on the Community website from "Tom".
    Hi @Gdury
    Tom works for our Member services team. His messages to you are via chat in your Pure Planet app.
    Go to the WattBot section under 'help' and you'll see the messages, and the info that our team need from you in order to dispute the opening gas reading on your behalf

I've not seen any posting on the Community website from "Tom".
    Hi @Gdury
    Tom works for our Member services team. His messages to you are via chat in your Pure Planet app.
    Go to the WattBot section under 'help' and you'll see the messages, and the info that our team need from you in order to dispute the opening gas reading on your behalf

• I am a very frustrated customer! I only joined in September and things were going well until we had to read the meter - it had recently been updated to a smart meter so our existing utility provider were able to read it centrally so now we were having to give readings. It has quite a few modes - and we did unwittingly send the wrong gas meter reading. I have been in touch a couple of times but are not acknowledging that I not used that much gas ever and have not amended the bill - I just get a Wotbott message telling me they are sorting it but according to my statement I spend £140 for the month of October - I have not exceeded £80 ever! Then they just say "I am closing down the chat" so you have to start all over again! If I can't get it sorted - I will simply have to switch! Surely someone has a mobile phone they can use to call me???
  • I am a very frustrated customer! I only joined in September and things were going well until we had to read the meter - it had recently been updated to a smart meter so our existing utility provider were able to read it centrally so now we were having to give readings. It has quite a few modes - and we did unwittingly send the wrong gas meter reading. I have been in touch a couple of times but are not acknowledging that I not used that much gas ever and have not amended the bill - I just get a Wotbott message telling me they are sorting it but according to my statement I spend £140 for the month of October - I have not exceeded £80 ever! Then they just say "I am closing down the chat" so you have to start all over again! If I can't get it sorted - I will simply have to switch! Surely someone has a mobile phone they can use to call me???

• Hi @Su Bailey
    Thanks for posting.
    I believe our Member services team have sent a new bill, based on new meter readings?
    Hope all is sorted.

• Hi @Su Bailey
    Thanks for posting.
    I believe our Member services team have sent a new bill, based on new meter readings?
    Hope all is sorted.