• RESOLVED: WattBot messages backlog causing delay in replies

    For Members trying to contact us via WattBot - just to let you know that we're experiencing a busy period so replies are taking longer than usual.

    We appreciate your patience. Our Member services team is working through the backlog and will respond to every message received.

    Remember that there is lots of useful info in our FAQs section which could be helpful and may be able to answer your query.

    There's a guide to reading smart meters, what to do when moving home, and sections all about joining, billing, and meter reading disputes.

    Here's the full index of our FAQs.

    The community is also very knowledgeable, of course!

    I will update this post with more info as I get it.

    UPDATE 9.30am Thursday - The issue has been resolved! Our team has worked through the backlog and are now replying to messages within two working days as normal.
    Last edited by Marc; 13-12-18 at 10:36. Reason: Update
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

    1
  • For Members trying to contact us via WattBot - just to let you know that we're experiencing a busy period so replies are taking longer than usual.

    We appreciate your patience. Our Member services team is working through the backlog and will respond to every message received.

    Remember that there is lots of useful info in our FAQs section which could be helpful and may be able to answer your query.

    There's a guide to reading smart meters, what to do when moving home, and sections all about joining, billing, and meter reading disputes.

    Here's the full index of our FAQs.

    The community is also very knowledgeable, of course!

    I will update this post with more info as I get it.

    UPDATE 9.30am Thursday - The issue has been resolved! Our team has worked through the backlog and are now replying to messages within two working days as normal.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

  • Can you help, I have sent you a message and have received a text to say you have replied, but I can’t locate the reply, can you help please?
    0
  • Can you help, I have sent you a message and have received a text to say you have replied, but I can’t locate the reply, can you help please?
  • Quote Originally Posted by Nicola Towers View Post
    Can you help, I have sent you a message and have received a text to say you have replied, but I can’t locate the reply, can you help please?
    Hi @Nicola Towers
    Welcome to the community!
    Go to your app, then open WattBot in the 'help' section, and you'll see their message
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

    0
  • Quote Originally Posted by Nicola Towers View Post
    Can you help, I have sent you a message and have received a text to say you have replied, but I can’t locate the reply, can you help please?
    Hi @Nicola Towers
    Welcome to the community!
    Go to your app, then open WattBot in the 'help' section, and you'll see their message
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

  • I have sent in a few messages, received a text to say you have replied however I can not find the message or email nothing what is going on???
    0
  • I have sent in a few messages, received a text to say you have replied however I can not find the message or email nothing what is going on???
  • I switched to yourselves gas and electricity and was informed that both had flipped over to yourselves on 21st November. I rang my old supplier Bulb on 5.12.18 for a final bill who stated only the electricity had gone over to Pure Planet and they Bulb were still supplying the gas so I now have 2 different suppliers for gas and electricity both still charging me full amount so it is costing me double. It has been a nightmare and I posted a complaint on your site on 5.12.18 receiving a generic e mail reply the same day stating that you were looking into it . A week later I have still had no contact from yourselves so today reluctantly I have cancelled my direct debit until matter sorted to my satisfaction. Your customer service is quite simply abysmal.
    1
  • I switched to yourselves gas and electricity and was informed that both had flipped over to yourselves on 21st November. I rang my old supplier Bulb on 5.12.18 for a final bill who stated only the electricity had gone over to Pure Planet and they Bulb were still supplying the gas so I now have 2 different suppliers for gas and electricity both still charging me full amount so it is costing me double. It has been a nightmare and I posted a complaint on your site on 5.12.18 receiving a generic e mail reply the same day stating that you were looking into it . A week later I have still had no contact from yourselves so today reluctantly I have cancelled my direct debit until matter sorted to my satisfaction. Your customer service is quite simply abysmal.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Craig1011 View Post
    I have sent in a few messages, received a text to say you have replied however I can not find the message or email nothing what is going on???
    Hi @Craig1011
    Welcome to the community!
    You'll see the message in WattBot in your app. You'll need to be logged in to see it
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

    0
  • Quote Originally Posted by Craig1011 View Post
    I have sent in a few messages, received a text to say you have replied however I can not find the message or email nothing what is going on???
    Hi @Craig1011
    Welcome to the community!
    You'll see the message in WattBot in your app. You'll need to be logged in to see it
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

  • Quote Originally Posted by Scott1967 View Post
    I switched to yourselves gas and electricity and was informed that both had flipped over to yourselves on 21st November. I rang my old supplier Bulb on 5.12.18 for a final bill who stated only the electricity had gone over to Pure Planet and they Bulb were still supplying the gas so I now have 2 different suppliers for gas and electricity both still charging me full amount so it is costing me double. It has been a nightmare and I posted a complaint on your site on 5.12.18 receiving a generic e mail reply the same day stating that you were looking into it . A week later I have still had no contact from yourselves so today reluctantly I have cancelled my direct debit until matter sorted to my satisfaction. Your customer service is quite simply abysmal.
    Hi @Scott1967
    Welcome to the community!
    Cheers for posting.
    It takes up to six weeks from the date you came on supply for your opening readings to be validated and sent to your old supplier so that they can issue your final bill.
    We are supplying your gas, it's just that Bulb won't have received your opening readings from us yet. They have to go through some standard checks - here's a bit more info which explains what happens.
    Hope that helps

    I posted a complaint on your site
    Sorry not 100% sure - which site? Was it here in the community?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

    0
  • Quote Originally Posted by Scott1967 View Post
    I switched to yourselves gas and electricity and was informed that both had flipped over to yourselves on 21st November. I rang my old supplier Bulb on 5.12.18 for a final bill who stated only the electricity had gone over to Pure Planet and they Bulb were still supplying the gas so I now have 2 different suppliers for gas and electricity both still charging me full amount so it is costing me double. It has been a nightmare and I posted a complaint on your site on 5.12.18 receiving a generic e mail reply the same day stating that you were looking into it . A week later I have still had no contact from yourselves so today reluctantly I have cancelled my direct debit until matter sorted to my satisfaction. Your customer service is quite simply abysmal.
    Hi @Scott1967
    Welcome to the community!
    Cheers for posting.
    It takes up to six weeks from the date you came on supply for your opening readings to be validated and sent to your old supplier so that they can issue your final bill.
    We are supplying your gas, it's just that Bulb won't have received your opening readings from us yet. They have to go through some standard checks - here's a bit more info which explains what happens.
    Hope that helps

    I posted a complaint on your site
    Sorry not 100% sure - which site? Was it here in the community?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

  • Hi I posted a message on here on Friday 7th of December and have heard nothing back.
    I need you guys to send Eon aa ARD form as they are trying to send me a rather large bill so as you can appreciate I would like this matter cleared up bad soon as possible
    Laura
    0
  • Hi I posted a message on here on Friday 7th of December and have heard nothing back.
    I need you guys to send Eon aa ARD form as they are trying to send me a rather large bill so as you can appreciate I would like this matter cleared up bad soon as possible
    Laura
  • Hi @Laura1029
    Welcome to the community!
    Another member did reply to your other post here.
    By ARD form, do you mean a read dispute?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

    0
  • Hi @Laura1029
    Welcome to the community!
    Another member did reply to your other post here.
    By ARD form, do you mean a read dispute?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

  • It an absolute shambles. So much so you lost a customer.
    Ref 127102.
    First of all you claim you did not receive a reply and then you proceed to automatically close the complaint because you claim you did not receive a reply from me even though you did not respond.
    And then once you responded to the reply you say that you cannot deal with the complaint because I'm no longer a customer.
    Il be taking this matter to OFGEM. A letter of deadlock has been requested.
    Very poor customer service.
    Last edited by Justin Armstrong; 12-12-18 at 22:01. Reason: Typo
    1
  • It an absolute shambles. So much so you lost a customer.
    Ref 127102.
    First of all you claim you did not receive a reply and then you proceed to automatically close the complaint because you claim you did not receive a reply from me even though you did not respond.
    And then once you responded to the reply you say that you cannot deal with the complaint because I'm no longer a customer.
    Il be taking this matter to OFGEM. A letter of deadlock has been requested.
    Very poor customer service.
  • I cancelled my direct debit as you cancelled watbot etc so I thought my account was closed. How do I pay my final bill now please
    0
  • I cancelled my direct debit as you cancelled watbot etc so I thought my account was closed. How do I pay my final bill now please
  • I’ve been waiting for 5 days for you to respond to my wattBox messages is this normal
    1
  • I’ve been waiting for 5 days for you to respond to my wattBox messages is this normal
  • Hi @Pauljones
    Welcome to the community!
    Our team can see an old message from you, which they replied to, from November.
    Nothing more recent though
    Maybe the community can help?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

    0
  • Hi @Pauljones
    Welcome to the community!
    Our team can see an old message from you, which they replied to, from November.
    Nothing more recent though
    Maybe the community can help?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

  • Marc, I'm sorry to report that I am still having a problem with Whatbot. I reported that my electric meter was faulty on Monday. I eventually received a reply, asking me about the display. I replied but have heard nothing since. I have continued to send msgs asking for the meter to be fixed by I am not getting any response. I cannot give my meter reading until this is done so I'd say this is pretty urgent. Please, please can somebody make contact with me?
    0
  • Marc, I'm sorry to report that I am still having a problem with Whatbot. I reported that my electric meter was faulty on Monday. I eventually received a reply, asking me about the display. I replied but have heard nothing since. I have continued to send msgs asking for the meter to be fixed by I am not getting any response. I cannot give my meter reading until this is done so I'd say this is pretty urgent. Please, please can somebody make contact with me?
  • Hi @Ayshea
    Welcome to the community!
    Cheers for posting.
    What's up with the display? We do have this guide to reading meters in our FAQs if that helps?
    Or this smart meter reading guide.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

    0
  • Hi @Ayshea
    Welcome to the community!
    Cheers for posting.
    What's up with the display? We do have this guide to reading meters in our FAQs if that helps?
    Or this smart meter reading guide.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

  • Thank you, I fully understand how to read the meter. The problem is, as I have already reported to Whatbot, that the screen is blank. No digits. The meter is not working. Please, please can somebody come out to either fix or replace it as a matter of urgency?
    0
  • Thank you, I fully understand how to read the meter. The problem is, as I have already reported to Whatbot, that the screen is blank. No digits. The meter is not working. Please, please can somebody come out to either fix or replace it as a matter of urgency?
  • Quote Originally Posted by Justin Armstrong View Post
    It an absolute shambles. So much so you lost a customer.
    Ref 127102.
    First of all you claim you did not receive a reply and then you proceed to automatically close the complaint because you claim you did not receive a reply from me even though you did not respond.
    And then once you responded to the reply you say that you cannot deal with the complaint because I'm no longer a customer.
    Il be taking this matter to OFGEM. A letter of deadlock has been requested.
    Very poor customer service.
    Hi Justin
    I don't know what happened with your referrals or your complaint but what I can say with certainty is that even though there may be delays PP have always been perfectly fair in paying referrals to the point that they did in the past pay some which did not meet with the T+C's, and once they've verified the evidence of the tracking info (perfectly reasonable) they've paid up.

    The referral system is open to abuse, (personally I believe there should be a limit to the number and a much longer time on supply before the referrals are paid.)
    I'm not suggesting that you have abused it.
    Perhaps they've tightened up and things are taking a bit longer to check out.
    Just because there was a delay in your reply doesn't mean it wouldn't be looked at.

    I don't believe it's Ofgem's function to deal with incentive payment disputes, but I may be wrong.
    The late or non payment of an amazon voucher(s) has no bearing whatsoever on the supply of your energy and how communication and billing is dealt with in that regard but I wish you luck.

    - - - Updated - - -
    @Gregoh

    You'll need to reinstate a direct debit, go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask there.
    (Neither would PP be able to refund you if the DD was cancelled)
    wattbot was never cancelled and you''d know as with any company when your account was closed because you'd receive a final statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregoh View Post
    I cancelled my direct debit as you cancelled watbot etc so I thought my account was closed. How do I pay my final bill now please
    - - - Updated - - -

    Hi @Ayshea
    It's quite unusual for the Smart meter screen to be blank and not wake up, so apologies in advance if you find this reply frustrating.
    Some people think the Smart meter is the In-home display, it's a common error, also the actual meters themselves are designed to be blank until woken up by pressing a button (usually it's a 9 or an A or B), so again apologies if you've tried all that and it's really broken..
    If so..
    If you go to help in the app type "message the team" and ask for a repair/replacement someone will get in touch with you. It may take a few days for a reply.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayshea View Post
    Thank you, I fully understand how to read the meter. The problem is, as I have already reported to Whatbot, that the screen is blank. No digits. The meter is not working. Please, please can somebody come out to either fix or replace it as a matter of urgency?
    Once again replies to different posts have ended up in the same frame..
    0
  • Quote Originally Posted by Justin Armstrong View Post
    It an absolute shambles. So much so you lost a customer.
    Ref 127102.
    First of all you claim you did not receive a reply and then you proceed to automatically close the complaint because you claim you did not receive a reply from me even though you did not respond.
    And then once you responded to the reply you say that you cannot deal with the complaint because I'm no longer a customer.
    Il be taking this matter to OFGEM. A letter of deadlock has been requested.
    Very poor customer service.
    Hi Justin
    I don't know what happened with your referrals or your complaint but what I can say with certainty is that even though there may be delays PP have always been perfectly fair in paying referrals to the point that they did in the past pay some which did not meet with the T+C's, and once they've verified the evidence of the tracking info (perfectly reasonable) they've paid up.

    The referral system is open to abuse, (personally I believe there should be a limit to the number and a much longer time on supply before the referrals are paid.)
    I'm not suggesting that you have abused it.
    Perhaps they've tightened up and things are taking a bit longer to check out.
    Just because there was a delay in your reply doesn't mean it wouldn't be looked at.

    I don't believe it's Ofgem's function to deal with incentive payment disputes, but I may be wrong.
    The late or non payment of an amazon voucher(s) has no bearing whatsoever on the supply of your energy and how communication and billing is dealt with in that regard but I wish you luck.

    - - - Updated - - -
    @Gregoh

    You'll need to reinstate a direct debit, go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask there.
    (Neither would PP be able to refund you if the DD was cancelled)
    wattbot was never cancelled and you''d know as with any company when your account was closed because you'd receive a final statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregoh View Post
    I cancelled my direct debit as you cancelled watbot etc so I thought my account was closed. How do I pay my final bill now please
    - - - Updated - - -

    Hi @Ayshea
    It's quite unusual for the Smart meter screen to be blank and not wake up, so apologies in advance if you find this reply frustrating.
    Some people think the Smart meter is the In-home display, it's a common error, also the actual meters themselves are designed to be blank until woken up by pressing a button (usually it's a 9 or an A or B), so again apologies if you've tried all that and it's really broken..
    If so..
    If you go to help in the app type "message the team" and ask for a repair/replacement someone will get in touch with you. It may take a few days for a reply.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayshea View Post
    Thank you, I fully understand how to read the meter. The problem is, as I have already reported to Whatbot, that the screen is blank. No digits. The meter is not working. Please, please can somebody come out to either fix or replace it as a matter of urgency?
    Once again replies to different posts have ended up in the same frame..
  • No probs @Ayshea
    Had to check it didn't just need 'waking up' as many people think their meter's broken when it's not.
    I've flagged this to our Member services team.
    They'll sort it
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

    0
  • No probs @Ayshea
    Had to check it didn't just need 'waking up' as many people think their meter's broken when it's not.
    I've flagged this to our Member services team.
    They'll sort it
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

  • Closing this thread now as replies are off-topic
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

    0
  • Closing this thread now as replies are off-topic
    Community Manager - Pure Planet