• Cycling

Hi, guys n girls,

As a semi keen cyclist, I was wondering if there were any other cyclist in this community? I currently log my rides using Strava. I was wondering if there was enough interest to start up a Pure Planet Strava group. If so I don’t mind setting up the group. Would be nice to see your rids, and give a bit of encouragement to get out a bit more on the bycicle.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
  • Hi, guys n girls,

As a semi keen cyclist, I was wondering if there were any other cyclist in this community? I currently log my rides using Strava. I was wondering if there was enough interest to start up a Pure Planet Strava group. If so I don’t mind setting up the group. Would be nice to see your rids, and give a bit of encouragement to get out a bit more on the bycicle.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
  • This is a great idea. I'm more of a "commuting" type of cyclist but keen to take part, although I don't know anything about Strava!
  • This is a great idea. I'm more of a "commuting" type of cyclist but keen to take part, although I don't know anything about Strava!
  • Nice Gabolino,

Really easy to set up. Just down load the Strava app to your phone, then you can then use the app to start recording you ride. If you need anymore assistance just let us know. Like I said, if we can get enough interest I’ll set the group up.
  • Nice Gabolino,

Really easy to set up. Just down load the Strava app to your phone, then you can then use the app to start recording you ride. If you need anymore assistance just let us know. Like I said, if we can get enough interest I’ll set the group up.
  • Cool. I'm back to the UK (and back to cycling) next week. I'll download the App and let you know how it goes.

Is it good for routes and just tracking ?
  • Cool. I'm back to the UK (and back to cycling) next week. I'll download the App and let you know how it goes.

Is it good for routes and just tracking ?
  • Yeah, if you use on a computer or iPad, you can create routes, then use them from your phone. Really simple to do. If I can do it anyone can. 😀
  • Yeah, if you use on a computer or iPad, you can create routes, then use them from your phone. Really simple to do. If I can do it anyone can. 😀
  • I used to cycle 25 miles a day on my commute to work and back. Then i got a better job offer which i took and kind of gave up, so sadly my roadbike has been collecting dust in the workshop,but i do still use the mountain bike around the woods where i live but only 2-3 times a week.
  • I used to cycle 25 miles a day on my commute to work and back. Then i got a better job offer which i took and kind of gave up, so sadly my roadbike has been collecting dust in the workshop,but i do still use the mountain bike around the woods where i live but only 2-3 times a week.
  • Never heard of Strada, doing my research- just downloaded it to investigate!
  • Never heard of Strada, doing my research- just downloaded it to investigate!
  • There are definitely some keen cyclists in the PP offices (or so I believe), possibly @LauraS for one?
    (if she's not moved to the darkside after trying out that electric Brompton)
  • There are definitely some keen cyclists in the PP offices (or so I believe), possibly @LauraS for one?
    (if she's not moved to the darkside after trying out that electric Brompton)
  • Great thread @Skill
    I've feeling a bit guilty due to the lack of exercise I get..... Maybe I can be inspired by this!
    Yes we've got a few cyclists at PP HQ. As @woz says there's @LauraS who had an electric Brompton for a few days.
    Also @Niall_PP has a standard folding Brompton which he uses daily, rain or shine...

(BTW I'm moving this thread to our Off Topic section. I've pinned it to the top too )
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Great thread @Skill
    I've feeling a bit guilty due to the lack of exercise I get..... Maybe I can be inspired by this!
    Yes we've got a few cyclists at PP HQ. As @woz says there's @LauraS who had an electric Brompton for a few days.
    Also @Niall_PP has a standard folding Brompton which he uses daily, rain or shine...

(BTW I'm moving this thread to our Off Topic section. I've pinned it to the top too )

• https://www.strava.com/clubs/491073/leaderboard

Right, as I’ve got the all clear. Clink the link above, this wiil take you to the Pure Plant CC group on Strava. Look forward to seeing some of you posting rides.
  • https://www.strava.com/clubs/491073/leaderboard

Right, as I’ve got the all clear. Clink the link above, this wiil take you to the Pure Plant CC group on Strava. Look forward to seeing some of you posting rides.
  • That's really cool @Skill
    Nice one. There's a couple of members already!
    I'm feeling a bit guilty about the bike that's currently gathering dust in my garage.....

• That's really cool @Skill
    Nice one. There's a couple of members already!
    I'm feeling a bit guilty about the bike that's currently gathering dust in my garage.....

• Great idea @Skill! In better weather I cycle from home to the PP office (a hefty Bristol-Bath commute) but unfortunately haven't braved the rain to do so in a while. I agree, Strava is great for motivation, I now know the timed sections on my cycle ride home and so sped up to try and get a personal best!

For those wondering @woz, don't worry, I've stuck to my road bike. I can't see myself going to the electric bike dark side any time soon...

Disclaimer - haven't used Strava in a while but this is just the motivation I need (about to go away for Christmas though). Happy cycling!

- - - Updated - - -

For our next Zero Carbon Commute day I'll ask everyone to track their progress on Strava too
  • Great idea @Skill! In better weather I cycle from home to the PP office (a hefty Bristol-Bath commute) but unfortunately haven't braved the rain to do so in a while. I agree, Strava is great for motivation, I now know the timed sections on my cycle ride home and so sped up to try and get a personal best!

For those wondering @woz, don't worry, I've stuck to my road bike. I can't see myself going to the electric bike dark side any time soon...

Disclaimer - haven't used Strava in a while but this is just the motivation I need (about to go away for Christmas though). Happy cycling!

- - - Updated - - -

For our next Zero Carbon Commute day I'll ask everyone to track their progress on Strava too
  • Brilliant! Would be good to get a few people joining. I know the weathers not so good atm. I’m lucky my commute is short n sweet. Even one ride a week will help. Leave the car at home.
  • Brilliant! Would be good to get a few people joining. I know the weathers not so good atm. I’m lucky my commute is short n sweet. Even one ride a week will help. Leave the car at home.
  • Think this is agreat idea Skill. I do use strava already but mainly for running. Have posted sone cycling data over the summer. Any thoughts on setting up a running group on strava or would not be of any interest?
    Thanks again for suggesting the group.
  • Think this is agreat idea Skill. I do use strava already but mainly for running. Have posted sone cycling data over the summer. Any thoughts on setting up a running group on strava or would not be of any interest?
    Thanks again for suggesting the group.
  • Hi Daspy, sorry I left my running days years ago. Only cycling these days. Feel free to join and post you runs. Everyone’s welcome.
  • Hi Daspy, sorry I left my running days years ago. Only cycling these days. Feel free to join and post you runs. Everyone’s welcome.
  • Cheers Skill have done and have been. Will cycle a bit maybe in the cooler mobths at the weekends. More when its a bit warmer and lighter.
  • Cheers Skill have done and have been. Will cycle a bit maybe in the cooler mobths at the weekends. More when its a bit warmer and lighter.
  • I have just had delivered my electric front wheel. Now need to fit it to the bike and I will be able to keep up with my son out cycling!
  • I have just had delivered my electric front wheel. Now need to fit it to the bike and I will be able to keep up with my son out cycling!
  • What kind of bike are you fitting it to?
    Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    I have just had delivered my electric front wheel. Now need to fit it to the bike and I will be able to keep up with my son out cycling!
  • What kind of bike are you fitting it to?
    Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    I have just had delivered my electric front wheel. Now need to fit it to the bike and I will be able to keep up with my son out cycling!
  • Just bouncing this thread. Come on guys weathers getting better. Got a few in the Strava group. Join up, and motivate each other. Leave the car at home at least once a week. Every little helps. 🚲😜
  • Just bouncing this thread. Come on guys weathers getting better. Got a few in the Strava group. Join up, and motivate each other. Leave the car at home at least once a week. Every little helps. 🚲😜