• PP have my initial reading wrong £1600 bill from old supplier

So I switched to PP, provided my meter reading (with photo), PP have put in the wrong initial reading for my electricity and have sent that to Eon (old supplier) who have now DD'ed over £1600 from my account.
    On top of this, PP now telling me my rate is massively higher than what I just signed up for.

My readings since are now lower than the initial reading so nothing makes any sense in the app either.

To top it off, I have had heard nothing from PP after trying to talk to them through the crummy help bot thing in the app.

Not happy. How do I complain/get to actually speak to someone?
  • So I switched to PP, provided my meter reading (with photo), PP have put in the wrong initial reading for my electricity and have sent that to Eon (old supplier) who have now DD'ed over £1600 from my account.
    On top of this, PP now telling me my rate is massively higher than what I just signed up for.

My readings since are now lower than the initial reading so nothing makes any sense in the app either.

To top it off, I have had heard nothing from PP after trying to talk to them through the crummy help bot thing in the app.

Not happy. How do I complain/get to actually speak to someone?

• hi Twp
    go to help in the app ask wattbot and type “messave the team” submit your query and a photo of the meter with a reading on it, someone will get back to you within a couple of days (maybe longer as it’s a weekend)
    re the rates, pp only have one rate so I don’t understand the 2nd part of your question , are you saying they’ve estimated your annual incorrectly or the dd is higher than you expected? You do know that they take less in warmer months and more in colder months? Could that be where the confusion lies?As far as e.on are concerned try to speak to someone with some common sense, clearly you couldn’t have used that much energy so ask them to refund and leave the dd open so it can be corrected.
  • hi Twp
    go to help in the app ask wattbot and type “messave the team” submit your query and a photo of the meter with a reading on it, someone will get back to you within a couple of days (maybe longer as it’s a weekend)
    re the rates, pp only have one rate so I don’t understand the 2nd part of your question , are you saying they’ve estimated your annual incorrectly or the dd is higher than you expected? You do know that they take less in warmer months and more in colder months? Could that be where the confusion lies?As far as e.on are concerned try to speak to someone with some common sense, clearly you couldn’t have used that much energy so ask them to refund and leave the dd open so it can be corrected.

• Hi @Twp
    Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting

So I switched to PP, provided my meter reading (with photo), PP have put in the wrong initial reading for my electricity and have sent that to Eon (old supplier) who have now DD'ed over £1600 from my account.
    We send on the readings you submitted us through your PP app to be validated by the regulator and then sent to your previous supplier, so that they can send you a final bill.
    If you think you sent us incorrect readings, I can flag this up with our Member services team and they'll raise a dispute.

We have one single tariff for all Members, so we don't use low rates to entice people to join us, everyone's always on the same rate.
    Our tariff is reflective of the wholesale energy market, and can go down as well as up.
    Last month we announced a Members' rate increase because wholesale energy prices have risen by 25 per cent in 2018.
    There's a bit more info on that here.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet.

• Hi @Twp
    Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting

We send on the readings you submitted us through your PP app to be validated by the regulator and then sent to your previous supplier, so that they can send you a final bill.
    If you think you sent us incorrect readings, I can flag this up with our Member services team and they'll raise a dispute.

We have one single tariff for all Members, so we don't use low rates to entice people to join us, everyone's always on the same rate.
    Our tariff is reflective of the wholesale energy market, and can go down as well as up.
    Last month we announced a Members' rate increase because wholesale energy prices have risen by 25 per cent in 2018.
    There's a bit more info on that here.