• Reducing Energy Bills

We all want to reduce our energy bills. That's why we've joined Pure Planet, isn't it?

But what about reducing our energy consumption?

Let's have some tips of what's worked for you and what didn't.

I'll start with outside security lights. If you have them already installed there is a good chance they are high wattage tungsten filament lamps, anything up to 500W. Replace them with CREE LED security lights as they consume a fraction of the power and last longer. A win-win situation.

Have you ever cleaned the fluff that accumulates on the heat exchanger behind your fridge or freezer? No? Me neither as I would probably do myself a serious injury moving them. The question is, how much is that extra fluff insulating the heat exchanger costing me?
  • We all want to reduce our energy bills. That's why we've joined Pure Planet, isn't it?

But what about reducing our energy consumption?

Let's have some tips of what's worked for you and what didn't.

I'll start with outside security lights. If you have them already installed there is a good chance they are high wattage tungsten filament lamps, anything up to 500W. Replace them with CREE LED security lights as they consume a fraction of the power and last longer. A win-win situation.

Have you ever cleaned the fluff that accumulates on the heat exchanger behind your fridge or freezer? No? Me neither as I would probably do myself a serious injury moving them. The question is, how much is that extra fluff insulating the heat exchanger costing me?
  • OMG only last weekyendybendy I did just that with my fridge! πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ‘. On life! Clean as a whistle πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

• OMG only last weekyendybendy I did just that with my fridge! πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ‘. On life! Clean as a whistle πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • I never knew there was fluff behind the fridge freezer. I have heard you can get fluff in the belly button? Lol.
    Peace and Luve

Yours in Stitches

Ory 🌏🌞
  • I never knew there was fluff behind the fridge freezer. I have heard you can get fluff in the belly button? Lol.
  • Nice thread @Oakbank

Good call, we're doing this exact same thing.
    We're also looking at wall insulation. As well as laying insulation in the loft, it's said that you can save up to Β£245 a year from insualtion wall cavities.
    There's an upfront cost, of course, but that'll be reimbursed after a few years.
    Some good info about it here.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet.

• Nice thread @Oakbank

Good call, we're doing this exact same thing.
    We're also looking at wall insulation. As well as laying insulation in the loft, it's said that you can save up to Β£245 a year from insualtion wall cavities.
    There's an upfront cost, of course, but that'll be reimbursed after a few years.
    Some good info about it here.