• Pure Planet Community November 2018 highlights and points earned

Hi folks

While another month flies by and we get into the Christmas excitement, here are just some of the many highlights from the Pure Planet Community in November 2018.

It was another very busy month for the community. Just weeks after welcoming our 10,000th member, we’re now closing in on 15k!

Our section about electric vehicles and hybrids has been really popular.
    Member @VijayB is
    upgrading his home charger and is looking for tips; @linesrg posted about owning a Renault Zoe; @Jon1 spotted the news that a major supermarket will be installing nearly 2,500 charging points in its car parks; and @Oakbank wants to know if there’s an EV that can be used for towing.

It’s getting colder out there, and @AllyKayz is looking for best cold cures. One way would be to fly out to Las Vegas of course, which @Jon1 did - wearing his smart Pure Planet T-shirt. @Kniterella, who was featured in the November community spotlight, also revealed how she keeps warm at night (not for the faint-hearted!). @Kniterella also started this great debate about fracking.

Pure Planet members helped achieve a major milestone last month, and @Lenny reckons the PP approach (app-first, digital-only, no call centre) would work well in other services which need shaking up.

@Gil started a new thread for thought-provoking images in November, and also wants to know what temperatures other Members have set their heating to. @Bev made a confession about her love of Candy Crush, and started this great poll about Bonfire Night and what we make of it.

Name:  Rewards.JPG
Views: 364
Size:  84.1 KB

There was also lots of news from PP HQ last month. We announced a price change (but for existing members it won’t apply until the New Year) and we’ve also been able to give everyone an update on what’s happening with the rollout of 2nd generation smart meters.

The start of November saw a cool new Pure Planet app release - bringing balance and transactions to the app. And at the end of the month a small release to squash some bugs!

Looking ahead to December 2018

December means that the Pure Planet Community Rewards’ first redemption window has opened. Over the next few days we’ll be counting points earned over the last six months - from June to November - and sending you your well-earned Amazon voucher codes, just in time for Christmas. The codes will appear in your email inbox in the next 10 to 14 days.

Some of our most prolific members will pocket £90 in vouchers. Happy Christmas! What are your Christmas holiday plans?

The Pure Planet Community Rewards was started in the summer as a six-month beta. The great news is that it it continuing and is going to expand! Here's all the details.

Pure Planet Community Rewards for November 2018

Each month we say thanks to those who contribute to our community by asking and answering questions and participating in discussions on all things related to Pure Planet and renewable energy, and just generally keeping the community safe and fun.

So a big thank you to all of you wonderful members who have contributed.

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 360
Size:  476.6 KB

Band One - 1,500 points: @woz; @Gil; @Jon1: @Bev

Band Two - 1,000 points: @TonyMcH; @David j; @MrSmart; @MikeZ; @michaelc; @Lenny; @Strutt G; @Oakbank; @Scubaseahorse; @JennyR68

Band Three - 500 points: @Bantam; @Duppy; @Kniterella; @Rob123; @The Thinker; @Eileen; @stephenrand; @Tech; @nanos; @Gabolino; @VijayB; @Pilkers

Band Four - 200 points: @Royborsberry; @king James; @Justin Armstrong; @Rob C; @tonyp; @ChrisH; @Host 2012; @aszaheer; @boss123; @JAR; @Brian 123; @DigitalDave; @gerrymau; @GorLyk; @georginabutcher; @Paul J; @Knobby; @Jom; @MarkN; @Skill; @Claire OP; @Anton59; @MJK; @hawthorns; @Chas007

Band Five - 100 points: @MasterBatty75; @linesrg; @Debo19; @GreatOldOne; @talldave; @Morp; @Cooker; @Kevinc; @Sonila; @Brewers; @Mark boy; @papekani; @Kelv76; @Hilllees; @GavinMK; @Professor Yaffle; @JohnnyFadge; @Abzmrk; @troosers; @hunsbury0; @Bears; @Tuttut; @JayBeeBee; @Nichollspj; @Kazagamez; @Helenc: @Natcall; @alancfrancis; @Pootler; @EdM42

Here's a link to how the Pure Planet community points work which includes how much points are worth, guidance on how to earn points (without giving away our top secret formula!) and when you’ll be able to redeem your points.

That’s it for the November 2018 community round-up. Have a great December everyone!
    Last edited by Marc; 04-12-18 at 11:36. Reason: Updating info about method of sending voucher codes
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi folks

While another month flies by and we get into the Christmas excitement, here are just some of the many highlights from the Pure Planet Community in November 2018.

It was another very busy month for the community. Just weeks after welcoming our 10,000th member, we’re now closing in on 15k!

Our section about electric vehicles and hybrids has been really popular.
    Member @VijayB is
    upgrading his home charger and is looking for tips; @linesrg posted about owning a Renault Zoe; @Jon1 spotted the news that a major supermarket will be installing nearly 2,500 charging points in its car parks; and @Oakbank wants to know if there’s an EV that can be used for towing.

It’s getting colder out there, and @AllyKayz is looking for best cold cures. One way would be to fly out to Las Vegas of course, which @Jon1 did - wearing his smart Pure Planet T-shirt. @Kniterella, who was featured in the November community spotlight, also revealed how she keeps warm at night (not for the faint-hearted!). @Kniterella also started this great debate about fracking.

Pure Planet members helped achieve a major milestone last month, and @Lenny reckons the PP approach (app-first, digital-only, no call centre) would work well in other services which need shaking up.

@Gil started a new thread for thought-provoking images in November, and also wants to know what temperatures other Members have set their heating to. @Bev made a confession about her love of Candy Crush, and started this great poll about Bonfire Night and what we make of it.

Name:  Rewards.JPG
Views: 364
Size:  84.1 KB

There was also lots of news from PP HQ last month. We announced a price change (but for existing members it won’t apply until the New Year) and we’ve also been able to give everyone an update on what’s happening with the rollout of 2nd generation smart meters.

The start of November saw a cool new Pure Planet app release - bringing balance and transactions to the app. And at the end of the month a small release to squash some bugs!

Looking ahead to December 2018

December means that the Pure Planet Community Rewards’ first redemption window has opened. Over the next few days we’ll be counting points earned over the last six months - from June to November - and sending you your well-earned Amazon voucher codes, just in time for Christmas. The codes will appear in your email inbox in the next 10 to 14 days.

Some of our most prolific members will pocket £90 in vouchers. Happy Christmas! What are your Christmas holiday plans?

The Pure Planet Community Rewards was started in the summer as a six-month beta. The great news is that it it continuing and is going to expand! Here's all the details.

Pure Planet Community Rewards for November 2018

Each month we say thanks to those who contribute to our community by asking and answering questions and participating in discussions on all things related to Pure Planet and renewable energy, and just generally keeping the community safe and fun.

So a big thank you to all of you wonderful members who have contributed.

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 360
Size:  476.6 KB

Band One - 1,500 points: @woz; @Gil; @Jon1: @Bev

Band Two - 1,000 points: @TonyMcH; @David j; @MrSmart; @MikeZ; @michaelc; @Lenny; @Strutt G; @Oakbank; @Scubaseahorse; @JennyR68

Band Three - 500 points: @Bantam; @Duppy; @Kniterella; @Rob123; @The Thinker; @Eileen; @stephenrand; @Tech; @nanos; @Gabolino; @VijayB; @Pilkers

Band Four - 200 points: @Royborsberry; @king James; @Justin Armstrong; @Rob C; @tonyp; @ChrisH; @Host 2012; @aszaheer; @boss123; @JAR; @Brian 123; @DigitalDave; @gerrymau; @GorLyk; @georginabutcher; @Paul J; @Knobby; @Jom; @MarkN; @Skill; @Claire OP; @Anton59; @MJK; @hawthorns; @Chas007

Band Five - 100 points: @MasterBatty75; @linesrg; @Debo19; @GreatOldOne; @talldave; @Morp; @Cooker; @Kevinc; @Sonila; @Brewers; @Mark boy; @papekani; @Kelv76; @Hilllees; @GavinMK; @Professor Yaffle; @JohnnyFadge; @Abzmrk; @troosers; @hunsbury0; @Bears; @Tuttut; @JayBeeBee; @Nichollspj; @Kazagamez; @Helenc: @Natcall; @alancfrancis; @Pootler; @EdM42

Here's a link to how the Pure Planet community points work which includes how much points are worth, guidance on how to earn points (without giving away our top secret formula!) and when you’ll be able to redeem your points.

That’s it for the November 2018 community round-up. Have a great December everyone!

• Really really love this read every month 😘and sooooooooo pleased the pilot for the community rewards proved a success 👏and that it is going to continue! Such a lovely idea, and soooo generous of PP 👍👏👏👏.
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Really really love this read every month 😘and sooooooooo pleased the pilot for the community rewards proved a success 👏and that it is going to continue! Such a lovely idea, and soooo generous of PP 👍👏👏👏.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Just amazed I managed to earn points during the switchover phase. What a nice idea though.
  • Just amazed I managed to earn points during the switchover phase. What a nice idea though.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Oakbank View Post
    Just amazed I managed to earn points during the switchover phase. What a nice idea though.
    Me too 😁
    Just amazed I managed to earn points during the switchover phase. What a nice idea though.
    Me too 😁
    Glad you like it @Oakbank

Glad you like it @Oakbank

• Well I finally made it! Real problem logging into my app. Various msgs to Pure Planet with my problems. Finally after uninstall and reinstall it worked! So you have my meter readings twice although the 1st time it was by email so I guess they didn't count! Want to refer some friends to compensate me for all the not inconsiderable time I've wasted. Can I find the correct link? Still looking!
    So many problems with yr server and invalid links. Great idea to lower costs, but will see how things go?...
  • Well I finally made it! Real problem logging into my app. Various msgs to Pure Planet with my problems. Finally after uninstall and reinstall it worked! So you have my meter readings twice although the 1st time it was by email so I guess they didn't count! Want to refer some friends to compensate me for all the not inconsiderable time I've wasted. Can I find the correct link? Still looking!
    So many problems with yr server and invalid links. Great idea to lower costs, but will see how things go?...
  • Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Want to refer some friends to compensate me for all the not inconsiderable time I've wasted. Can I find the correct link? Still looking!
    Hi @Guido
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting.
    When we need a meter reading you'll see a moon on the homepage of your app called 'Send a meter reading'
    Once it's been sent a different moon appears called 'Refer friends get £25'

• Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Want to refer some friends to compensate me for all the not inconsiderable time I've wasted. Can I find the correct link? Still looking!
    Hi @Guido
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting.
    When we need a meter reading you'll see a moon on the homepage of your app called 'Send a meter reading'
    Once it's been sent a different moon appears called 'Refer friends get £25'

• Hi all
    Just to let you know that we will be sending the commuity rewards Amazon voucher codes by email, not by message, as I originally said. I've updated the main post too, but adding here too so it's clear.
    The emails will be sent out over the next 10 to 14 days.

• Hi all
    Just to let you know that we will be sending the commuity rewards Amazon voucher codes by email, not by message, as I originally said. I've updated the main post too, but adding here too so it's clear.
    The emails will be sent out over the next 10 to 14 days.

• Cannot thank you and PP enough Marc 🙌🙌🙌. What a beautiful, generous gift. Heartfelt gratitude. Soooo touched

WALT WHITMAN
  • Cannot thank you and PP enough Marc 🙌🙌🙌. What a beautiful, generous gift. Heartfelt gratitude. Soooo touched

WALT WHITMAN
  • A huge thanks to marc and the team.just received my voucher. What a team pure planet are never have i received any kind of reward for being a utility customer.
  • A huge thanks to marc and the team.just received my voucher. What a team pure planet are never have i received any kind of reward for being a utility customer.
  • Hi, my reward email voucher arrived today! Big thanks from me. What a great way to reward customers and just in time for Christmas.
    Thanks PP 🎄🎉
  • Hi, my reward email voucher arrived today! Big thanks from me. What a great way to reward customers and just in time for Christmas.
    Thanks PP 🎄🎉
  • Oooooohh!
    Name:  thankyoupure.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  37.8 KB
  • Oooooohh!
    Name:  thankyoupure.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  37.8 KB
  • I just got £1 expired amazon voucher from you

What am i supposed to do with this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • What am i supposed to do with this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • Hi @han
    We've got a community rewards scheme here.
    (I'm moving your post with this query to a thread about the rewards, so that it has some context).
    It's just a small way of saying thanks to our community members.
    Do whatever you like with it. Maybe donate it to a charity? Here's some that Amazon offers.

• Hi @han
    We've got a community rewards scheme here.
    (I'm moving your post with this query to a thread about the rewards, so that it has some context).
    It's just a small way of saying thanks to our community members.
    Do whatever you like with it. Maybe donate it to a charity? Here's some that Amazon offers.

• ah Marc, sorry I thought this was expired! Now I read the email again, it is the reward based on the activity between June and Nov. Haha thanks
  • ah Marc, sorry I thought this was expired! Now I read the email again, it is the reward based on the activity between June and Nov. Haha thanks