• Quote Originally Posted by stu1 View Post
    I'm looking forward to tomorrow when my Pure Planet account starts but it's also the day when I can switch to a cheaper supplier.

I urge everyone to use a comparison site that shows all suppliers not just the ones that compensate the comparison site.

I'm in Yorkshire on the cheapest rate and there are other cheaper companies out there. I've just joined Pure Planet and I've been hit by the big rate rise just after joining, it feels like a switch and bait move to me. There seems to be A LOT of other people on here in the same boat as me. How can there be so many people who have just joined and are complaining?
    Hi @stu1
    Welcome to the community.
    I understand it's frustrating because you've just joined us. We've one, simple tariff that's variable - it can go up as well as down.
    Even after this change, we're still extremely competitive so I hope you'll decide to stay. We don't charge any exit fees. Thanks for joining Pure Planet.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by stu1 View Post
    I'm looking forward to tomorrow when my Pure Planet account starts but it's also the day when I can switch to a cheaper supplier.

I urge everyone to use a comparison site that shows all suppliers not just the ones that compensate the comparison site.

I'm in Yorkshire on the cheapest rate and there are other cheaper companies out there. I've just joined Pure Planet and I've been hit by the big rate rise just after joining, it feels like a switch and bait move to me. There seems to be A LOT of other people on here in the same boat as me. How can there be so many people who have just joined and are complaining?
    Hi @stu1
    Welcome to the community.
    I understand it's frustrating because you've just joined us. We've one, simple tariff that's variable - it can go up as well as down.
    Even after this change, we're still extremely competitive so I hope you'll decide to stay. We don't charge any exit fees. Thanks for joining Pure Planet.

• hi Duppy
    I don't know at this point if PP will send a mail out, I've suggested it and I've also posted about although it would be a nice and the right thing to do it isn't absolutely essential because their estimation will be very close in most if not all cases, especially for electricity use. (an estimate error of one day's use for an average user would only be 20p). Gas is a little more dependant on weather than electric.

That said what I can tell you is that if you submit readings on 13th/14th or thereabouts, they should make it to your next statement (unless your statement date is very close to that date) and they will be charged at the lower rate and anything thereafter at the new rates.
    I'm guessing all this of course as that's what happened at the previous increase, but I can't see PP doing it any other way.
    I'm sure marc will let me know if I'm wrong (..ouch be gentle with me)

Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Could you tell me how the new rates will be implemented, given that the increase date falls half way through my billing period, do you estimate useage up to the change date, or will you ask for meter readings, so that the billing will be as accurate as possible
  • hi Duppy
    I don't know at this point if PP will send a mail out, I've suggested it and I've also posted about although it would be a nice and the right thing to do it isn't absolutely essential because their estimation will be very close in most if not all cases, especially for electricity use. (an estimate error of one day's use for an average user would only be 20p). Gas is a little more dependant on weather than electric.

That said what I can tell you is that if you submit readings on 13th/14th or thereabouts, they should make it to your next statement (unless your statement date is very close to that date) and they will be charged at the lower rate and anything thereafter at the new rates.
    I'm guessing all this of course as that's what happened at the previous increase, but I can't see PP doing it any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Could you tell me how the new rates will be implemented, given that the increase date falls half way through my billing period, do you estimate useage up to the change date, or will you ask for meter readings, so that the billing will be as accurate as possible
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi Duppy

Hi @woz @Duppy
    I will definitely remind Members to send us a meter reading on 14 Jan

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi Duppy

Hi @woz @Duppy

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @woz @Duppy
    Hi @Marc @woz, thanks for replies, I figured that meter readings on the 14th would be better than an estimate, nice to know that those readings will be used
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @woz @Duppy
    Hi @Marc @woz, thanks for replies, I figured that meter readings on the 14th would be better than an estimate, nice to know that those readings will be used
  • New meme bet here and first post to the community :-)

It’s quite depressing how many people get so upset about the price increase when just about every decent supplier and the like of Money Saving Exoert etc have been warning about the pending price increases due to the ever-rising wholesale prices.

Having been caught up in the mess left over from initially trying to switch to an energy company that went bust mid-switch, then being placed by Ofgem with a supplier who was just about the most expensive they could have picked (try unit cost increase of nearly 70%!), and having successfully completed my switch to Oure Olanet now find that same supplier now starting a switch back to them without my consent then I’m more than happy to remain with PP!!

In my case there are some suppliers who will have similar rates to the post-increase prices, all of which are variable, and the cheapest fixed rate would see me paying unit costs 3p more per unit than the post-increase prices.

I’m also a very high electricity user, so the increase is going to be substantial but I’ll not get better prices anywhere else just now.

I just hope that PO are able to remain solvent long term and don’t become another victim of the volatile energy markets that have seen several other suppliers fail during 2018.
  • New meme bet here and first post to the community :-)

It’s quite depressing how many people get so upset about the price increase when just about every decent supplier and the like of Money Saving Exoert etc have been warning about the pending price increases due to the ever-rising wholesale prices.

Having been caught up in the mess left over from initially trying to switch to an energy company that went bust mid-switch, then being placed by Ofgem with a supplier who was just about the most expensive they could have picked (try unit cost increase of nearly 70%!), and having successfully completed my switch to Oure Olanet now find that same supplier now starting a switch back to them without my consent then I’m more than happy to remain with PP!!

In my case there are some suppliers who will have similar rates to the post-increase prices, all of which are variable, and the cheapest fixed rate would see me paying unit costs 3p more per unit than the post-increase prices.

I’m also a very high electricity user, so the increase is going to be substantial but I’ll not get better prices anywhere else just now.

I just hope that PO are able to remain solvent long term and don’t become another victim of the volatile energy markets that have seen several other suppliers fail during 2018.
  • hi neilball
    Just to say welcome and well done for (so far..) surviving the government's pathetic energy policy (where the ill thought out price cap and switching mantra dominate but the much bigger issues remain unaddressed)

I'm resigned to increases but not depressed, there are more important things to occupy the depression section of my brain, I don't have any room left in that part for an energy price increase.
    I wondered what a meme bet was (it could be a real thing..) until I realised it was a typo for member...oh dear, so slow at times...
    Quote Originally Posted by neilball View Post
    New meme bet here and first post to the community :-)

Last edited by woz; 04-12-18 at 20:11.
  • hi neilball
    Just to say welcome and well done for (so far..) surviving the government's pathetic energy policy (where the ill thought out price cap and switching mantra dominate but the much bigger issues remain unaddressed)

I'm resigned to increases but not depressed, there are more important things to occupy the depression section of my brain, I don't have any room left in that part for an energy price increase.
    I wondered what a meme bet was (it could be a real thing..) until I realised it was a typo for member...oh dear, so slow at times...
    Quote Originally Posted by neilball View Post

• Quote Originally Posted by neilball View Post
    Welcome to the community @neilball
    Nice one for posting and getting stuck in

• Quote Originally Posted by neilball View Post
    Welcome to the community @neilball
    Nice one for posting and getting stuck in

• Just joined today, to get notification of price increase. I'll stay as I quite like the sound of the company, but I hope that they will be quick to lower the price when the wholesale price drops. One other thing... is there really any justification for the distributors to charge different prices by region? It is like the Post Office charging difference prices for a stamp depending where you live.
  • Just joined today, to get notification of price increase. I'll stay as I quite like the sound of the company, but I hope that they will be quick to lower the price when the wholesale price drops. One other thing... is there really any justification for the distributors to charge different prices by region? It is like the Post Office charging difference prices for a stamp depending where you live.
  • I've just started the process of moving away from pure planet to a cheaper provider. Which are also green and FIXED for a year so I don't have to go through this messing around again.

I encourage everyone to compare the prices with the new price increase on Jan 15th NOT the current prices.

The process can take 4 weeks so it's better to switch now rather then when the prices go up.
  • I've just started the process of moving away from pure planet to a cheaper provider. Which are also green and FIXED for a year so I don't have to go through this messing around again.

I encourage everyone to compare the prices with the new price increase on Jan 15th NOT the current prices.

The process can take 4 weeks so it's better to switch now rather then when the prices go up.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Jimworcs View Post
    Just joined today, to get notification of price increase. I'll stay as I quite like the sound of the company, but I hope that they will be quick to lower the price when the wholesale price drops. One other thing... is there really any justification for the distributors to charge different prices by region? It is like the Post Office charging difference prices for a stamp depending where you live.
    Hi @Jimworcs
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting
    The difference in the cost across each geographical region is down to the cost of transporting gas and electricity to your home. The costs are determined and applied by your Distribution Network Operator (DNO) and we pass these on at cost.
    We don’t make money on the transport costs of getting energy to your home.

Here's a link to an Ofgem page about DNOs.

Hope that answers your question?

• Quote Originally Posted by Jimworcs View Post
    Just joined today, to get notification of price increase. I'll stay as I quite like the sound of the company, but I hope that they will be quick to lower the price when the wholesale price drops. One other thing... is there really any justification for the distributors to charge different prices by region? It is like the Post Office charging difference prices for a stamp depending where you live.
    Hi @Jimworcs
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting
    The difference in the cost across each geographical region is down to the cost of transporting gas and electricity to your home. The costs are determined and applied by your Distribution Network Operator (DNO) and we pass these on at cost.
    We don’t make money on the transport costs of getting energy to your home.

Here's a link to an Ofgem page about DNOs.

Hope that answers your question?

• No one likes a price increase, especially in Winter! However, you made it clear when I switched that I will only pay what you pay for my fuel. I would rather pay the real cost of fuel, and pay increases as they happen than be locked into a premium price for a year. After all, it might fall too! I joined for the "Green ness" too, so the sustainability is important. Keep up your good work Pure Planet.
  • No one likes a price increase, especially in Winter! However, you made it clear when I switched that I will only pay what you pay for my fuel. I would rather pay the real cost of fuel, and pay increases as they happen than be locked into a premium price for a year. After all, it might fall too! I joined for the "Green ness" too, so the sustainability is important. Keep up your good work Pure Planet.
  • Hi dear
    Unfortunately I can’t put the meter reading in tha app. That part of app doesn’t come up.
    Every time i try to send the meter reading that part of app doesn’t work and doesn’t open!!!!
    Please let me know how to give the actual meter reading.
    I have sent email for several time to explain the situation but I didn’t get any response.
    Please get in touch with me.
    Last edited by Marc; 11-12-18 at 09:26. Reason: removing member's personal info
  • Hi dear
    Unfortunately I can’t put the meter reading in tha app. That part of app doesn’t come up.
    Every time i try to send the meter reading that part of app doesn’t work and doesn’t open!!!!
    Please let me know how to give the actual meter reading.
    I have sent email for several time to explain the situation but I didn’t get any response.
    Please get in touch with me.
  • How can i get in toych with someone from pure plant to talk about the problem a have with the app????????
    I sent massage and email and no one replied it

Please help me in this regard
  • How can i get in toych with someone from pure plant to talk about the problem a have with the app????????

• hi Rez
    What problem are you having?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    How can i get in toych with someone from pure plant to talk about the problem a have with the app????????

• hi Rez
    What problem are you having?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    How can i get in toych with someone from pure plant to talk about the problem a have with the app????????

• Hi @Rez
    Good morning!
    FYI I've moved your two posts into one place - to avoid duplicate conversations happening - and I've also deleted the personal info (mobile number, email address) from one of them.
    Your meter reading problem is related to the earlier issue where due to errors on the national database, the wrong meter was switched to PP.
    This will take a few weeks to fix.
    Have you seen the emails our Member services team have been sending you, to keep you updated?

• Hi @Rez
    Good morning!
    FYI I've moved your two posts into one place - to avoid duplicate conversations happening - and I've also deleted the personal info (mobile number, email address) from one of them.
    Your meter reading problem is related to the earlier issue where due to errors on the national database, the wrong meter was switched to PP.
    This will take a few weeks to fix.
    Have you seen the emails our Member services team have been sending you, to keep you updated?

• I joined in September and now disappointed that this is a second rate rise within four months when whole sale price of oil and gas has come down. Iam can say that all utility companies make this excuse whenever they raise the rates.
    Last edited by Kesto81; 13-12-18 at 00:23. Reason: spelling
  • I joined in September and now disappointed that this is a second rate rise within four months when whole sale price of oil and gas has come down. Iam can say that all utility companies make this excuse whenever they raise the rates.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Kesto81 View Post
    I joined in September and now disappointed that this is a second rate rise within four months when whole sale price of oil and gas has come down. Iam can say that all utility companies make this excuse whenever they raise the rates.
    Hi @Kesto81
    I understand your disappointment.
    Wholesale energy costs have risen 25% in 2018, and this is something that has affected the whole market.

• Quote Originally Posted by Kesto81 View Post
    I joined in September and now disappointed that this is a second rate rise within four months when whole sale price of oil and gas has come down. Iam can say that all utility companies make this excuse whenever they raise the rates.
    Hi @Kesto81
    I understand your disappointment.
    Wholesale energy costs have risen 25% in 2018, and this is something that has affected the whole market.

• Hi Kesto81
    I agree it’s not good news when energy prices go up. However, PP have kept members fully updated regarding rate increases and, wholesale energy prices have risen by over 20%. For me, I ran a comparison on Money Saving Expert recently and Pure Planet still came out as my best supplier.
    Regards
  • Hi Kesto81
    I agree it’s not good news when energy prices go up. However, PP have kept members fully updated regarding rate increases and, wholesale energy prices have risen by over 20%. For me, I ran a comparison on Money Saving Expert recently and Pure Planet still came out as my best supplier.
    Regards
  • How financially stable are you in current market? Have you got your ROs covered,
  • How financially stable are you in current market? Have you got your ROs covered,
  • Personally I'm very unstable, some say I don't know my RO's from my elbow, but I always keep my RO's covered with a long coat in this weather, you can't be too careful catching a chill down there..
    (Ofgem will soon alert you if there's a question of financial stability and you'll be able to read the accounts at companies house)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microgeneration View Post
    How financially stable are you in current market? Have you got your ROs covered,
    Last edited by woz; 17-12-18 at 01:47.
  • Personally I'm very unstable, some say I don't know my RO's from my elbow, but I always keep my RO's covered with a long coat in this weather, you can't be too careful catching a chill down there..
    (Ofgem will soon alert you if there's a question of financial stability and you'll be able to read the accounts at companies house)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microgeneration View Post
    How financially stable are you in current market? Have you got your ROs covered,