• Wrong final read

I changed to pure planet in September. My old gas company has been given a hugely inflated final read which is much higher than it is now. I have uploaded photos of my readings to both pure planet and my old supplier. However even after a photo my old gas supplier say they can't change pure planets wrong final reading.
    Trying to sort this through the app is a nightmare.
    So how did pure planet get the final reading so wrong? I uploaded a photo, I manually uploaded a reading and yet the final reading sent to to my old supplier is way higher than it is at the moment? And I switched in September. I have literally spent way too much time trying to get this sorted. It's not fair.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I changed to pure planet in September. My old gas company has been given a hugely inflated final read which is much higher than it is now. I have uploaded photos of my readings to both pure planet and my old supplier. However even after a photo my old gas supplier say they can't change pure planets wrong final reading.
    So how did pure planet get the final reading so wrong? I uploaded a photo, I manually uploaded a reading and yet the final reading sent to to my old supplier is way higher than it is at the moment? And I switched in September. I have literally spent way too much time trying to get this sorted. It's not fair.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Good morning @Tuttut
    I've flagged this with our Member services team, and they've just replied to your message.

When you switch suppliers, the opening readings you submit go through some regulatory checks before they can be used by either supplier.
    We sent your gas reading of 3,727 to be checked, and an estimate of 4,256 was returned to both suppliers to use instead.
    We sent the reading that you gave us - its an automatic process - we wouldn't have sent a readings that did not come from you.

Our team have raised a reading dispute, to correct your opening gas reading.
    FYI you won't receive any statements until the reading has been corrected. We’ll agree the reading with your old supplier, to ensure we’re both using the same reading for the switch.

Reading disputes can take up to 12 weeks to resolve. We’ll send your statement out as soon as the dispute is resolved. Please continue to send meter readings monthly as usual.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Good morning @Tuttut
    I've flagged this with our Member services team, and they've just replied to your message.

When you switch suppliers, the opening readings you submit go through some regulatory checks before they can be used by either supplier.
    We sent your gas reading of 3,727 to be checked, and an estimate of 4,256 was returned to both suppliers to use instead.
    We sent the reading that you gave us - its an automatic process - we wouldn't have sent a readings that did not come from you.

FYI you won't receive any statements until the reading has been corrected. We’ll agree the reading with your old supplier, to ensure we’re both using the same reading for the switch.

Reading disputes can take up to 12 weeks to resolve. We’ll send your statement out as soon as the dispute is resolved. Please continue to send meter readings monthly as usual.

• Here's my response from my last supplier...

Hello Kevin

I am sorry, I am not making myself clear.

The final meter read is sent to us by your new supplier. They use it as their opening read and we use it as your closing read.

If the closing read on your statement is incorrect your new supplier must open a read dispute with the industry.

Once this is settled they will send us the new validated closing read.

This is the industry protocol that is in place to protect you, the consumer

We are not able to amend the read. Your new supplier must do this.

I have attached your final statement which shows the very high closing read and the new charges.

As you have requested a complaint be opened I have opened one for you. The complaint reads

“Customer wants us to change the closing read. I have explained we cannot do this, it needs to be done by the new supplier”

Let me know if you would like to add anything to this.

The complaints procedure is attached

Regards

- - - Updated - - -

A response from someone human would be nice.
  • Here's my response from my last supplier...

Hello Kevin

I am sorry, I am not making myself clear.

The final meter read is sent to us by your new supplier. They use it as their opening read and we use it as your closing read.

If the closing read on your statement is incorrect your new supplier must open a read dispute with the industry.

Once this is settled they will send us the new validated closing read.

This is the industry protocol that is in place to protect you, the consumer

We are not able to amend the read. Your new supplier must do this.

I have attached your final statement which shows the very high closing read and the new charges.

As you have requested a complaint be opened I have opened one for you. The complaint reads

“Customer wants us to change the closing read. I have explained we cannot do this, it needs to be done by the new supplier”

Let me know if you would like to add anything to this.

The complaints procedure is attached

Regards

- - - Updated - - -

A response from someone human would be nice.

• Hmm I'm beginning to see a pattern. No reply from bot, it seems switching is a ticket to a nightmare.

I changed to pure planet in September. My old gas company has been given a hugely inflated final read which is much higher than it is now. I have uploaded photos of my readings to both pure planet and my old supplier. However even after a photo my old gas supplier say they can't change pure planets wrong final reading.
  • Hmm I'm beginning to see a pattern. No reply from bot, it seems switching is a ticket to a nightmare.

• 12. Switching can lead to an early death, switch at your own risk.
    Your credit score is at risk if you have bad customer services.
    Photos and manually uploading meter reads are irrelevant. Energy companies can say your meter reads are anything they want and if you refuse to pay the false readings then a debt collector will be knocking on your door and your rating will plumet.
    Don't switch if you don't agree with extortion.
  • 12. Switching can lead to an early death, switch at your own risk.
    Your credit score is at risk if you have bad customer services.
    Photos and manually uploading meter reads are irrelevant. Energy companies can say your meter reads are anything they want and if you refuse to pay the false readings then a debt collector will be knocking on your door and your rating will plumet.
    Don't switch if you don't agree with extortion.

• hi tuttut
    I agree it should have been correct, but may I ask was PP's unit price higher or lower than your previous supplier and how many units is it out from where you think it should be?
    What were the 2 unit prices?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuttut View Post
    Hmm I'm beginning to see a pattern. No reply from bot, it seems switching is a ticket to a nightmare.

• hi tuttut
    I agree it should have been correct, but may I ask was PP's unit price higher or lower than your previous supplier and how many units is it out from where you think it should be?
    What were the 2 unit prices?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuttut View Post
    Hmm I'm beginning to see a pattern. No reply from bot, it seems switching is a ticket to a nightmare.

• Hi @Tuttut
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting
    I've moved your posts into one place, to avoid having duplicate replies around the community.
    When did you contact our Member services team about this?

• Hi @Tuttut
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting
    I've moved your posts into one place, to avoid having duplicate replies around the community.
    When did you contact our Member services team about this?

• Old supplier 4.2 per unit 9p a day standing charge
    Pure planet 2.7 unit rate plus member fee.
    Old reading 03722
    Weird estimate reading- 04270
    Estimate reading is showing as actual reading on old supplier bill.
    My recent reading 03844 is still well below pure planets estimate, estimated after I uploaded readings and sent photos.
    According to pure planet I used a year's worth of gas in September.
    It's all very suspicious and an explanation on how this
    Could happen would be much appreciated. Thanks woz

- - - Updated - - -

Nearly a week ago, no phonecall no reply from anyone. I can't afford to pay for others mistakes, what with Christmas and all. At least my old supplier has been in touch, cheers
  • Old supplier 4.2 per unit 9p a day standing charge
    Pure planet 2.7 unit rate plus member fee.
    Old reading 03722
    Weird estimate reading- 04270
    Estimate reading is showing as actual reading on old supplier bill.
    My recent reading 03844 is still well below pure planets estimate, estimated after I uploaded readings and sent photos.
    According to pure planet I used a year's worth of gas in September.
    It's all very suspicious and an explanation on how this
    Could happen would be much appreciated. Thanks woz

- - - Updated - - -

Nearly a week ago, no phonecall no reply from anyone. I can't afford to pay for others mistakes, what with Christmas and all. At least my old supplier has been in touch, cheers

• hi tuttut
    did you submit a query through help in the app? Did you type message the team and did wattbot say your message would be passed on to the team?
    If you haven’t done that do it now.
    What I can’t make sense of here is why pp’s systems haven’t picked this up as an error.
    Clearly you must be submitting readings lower than what they have as your existing?
    No one is trying to defraud you this is a straightforward screw up, and it may not be the fault of PP, or it may be...
    So presumably pp have not yet billed you for any gas use???
    Are you sure about the meter readings and do they tally with previous bills?
    Looking at the numbers I calculate your “overcharge”at about £92, that’s based on being charged at a higher rate by your old supplier for the units you would have used with PP.
    This will get sorted it’s just going to take time.
  • hi tuttut
    did you submit a query through help in the app? Did you type message the team and did wattbot say your message would be passed on to the team?
    What I can’t make sense of here is why pp’s systems haven’t picked this up as an error.
    Clearly you must be submitting readings lower than what they have as your existing?
    No one is trying to defraud you this is a straightforward screw up, and it may not be the fault of PP, or it may be...
    Looking at the numbers I calculate your “overcharge”at about £92, that’s based on being charged at a higher rate by your old supplier for the units you would have used with PP.

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi tuttut
    The photos do not lie, my old supplier is well known for withholding credit. After my switch my old supplier ( solarplicity) stopped taking direct debit as my account was in credit. I emailed solarplicity to close my account and refund my credit. Solarplicity emailed me back saying upload your final reading and we will refund your credit, which I did including a photo. 10 days later I rang solarplicity and after an hour on the phone was promised my money would be refunded within 10 days. 3 days later I get a bill for 127 pound. So actually the bill was 200pound. So after email after email and photos I still won't be getting my credit back any time soon. I keep a very keen eye on all my utilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Good morning @Tuttut

I can assure you I did not upload a false reading. I uploaded a photo aswell on your app.
    Niall has contacted me on the app and it's much appreciated.
    If I uploaded a wrong reading then why does it say a' for actual reading meaning an actual official meter reader read? Do not photos count for anything?
    12 weeks to confirm photos as solarplicity has the same photos aswell is way too long.

At least Niall is on the case. I thought I was being ignored.

So thankyou Marc for picking up my case, hopefully this will be sorted soon and I will be a long and happy pure planet customer.😁
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi tuttut
    The photos do not lie, my old supplier is well known for withholding credit. After my switch my old supplier ( solarplicity) stopped taking direct debit as my account was in credit. I emailed solarplicity to close my account and refund my credit. Solarplicity emailed me back saying upload your final reading and we will refund your credit, which I did including a photo. 10 days later I rang solarplicity and after an hour on the phone was promised my money would be refunded within 10 days. 3 days later I get a bill for 127 pound. So actually the bill was 200pound. So after email after email and photos I still won't be getting my credit back any time soon. I keep a very keen eye on all my utilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Good morning @Tuttut

I can assure you I did not upload a false reading. I uploaded a photo aswell on your app.
    Niall has contacted me on the app and it's much appreciated.
    If I uploaded a wrong reading then why does it say a' for actual reading meaning an actual official meter reader read? Do not photos count for anything?
    12 weeks to confirm photos as solarplicity has the same photos aswell is way too long.

At least Niall is on the case. I thought I was being ignored.

So thankyou Marc for picking up my case, hopefully this will be sorted soon and I will be a long and happy pure planet customer.😁

• Hi,

I have the same problem: The estimated electricity usage on my Reading History in the Pure Planet app is much higher than what it actually is and now my previous supplier has come up with a Debit. Please could this be looked into, ideally with a view to also raise a Reading Dispute on my behalf?

Many thanks

Felix
  • Hi,

I have the same problem: The estimated electricity usage on my Reading History in the Pure Planet app is much higher than what it actually is and now my previous supplier has come up with a Debit. Please could this be looked into, ideally with a view to also raise a Reading Dispute on my behalf?

Many thanks

Felix

• hi elret
    hi Felix
    There is a tolerance on readings, below which you can't dispute. For electric I believe it's 250kWh. (gas 109cu.m)
    To raise a dispute if you're not within the tolerance you'll need to ask via help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask there.
    You won't be charged twice for the same energy, both PP and your old supplier will use the same readings so the difference in price is effectively the no of units difference x the difference in price between your old supplier's units and PP's
    Quote Originally Posted by elret View Post
    Hi,

Many thanks

Felix
  • hi elret
    hi Felix
    There is a tolerance on readings, below which you can't dispute. For electric I believe it's 250kWh. (gas 109cu.m)
    To raise a dispute if you're not within the tolerance you'll need to ask via help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask there.
    You won't be charged twice for the same energy, both PP and your old supplier will use the same readings so the difference in price is effectively the no of units difference x the difference in price between your old supplier's units and PP's
    Hi,

Many thanks

Felix

• Hi woz,

Thanks for coming back to me, really appreciate it:

The difference is higher in my case. The Opening for electricity from 13th December 2018 was 82811 whereas I'm actually at 62338 right now. Please could you let me know what my next step would have to be to raise a Reading Dispute?

Many thanks

elret / Felix
  • Hi woz,

The difference is higher in my case. The Opening for electricity from 13th December 2018 was 82811 whereas I'm actually at 62338 right now. Please could you let me know what my next step would have to be to raise a Reading Dispute?

Many thanks

elret / Felix

• hi elret or
    hi felix
    You're welcome
    Are you sure you didn't mistype when you submitted? That's big difference.
    Go to help in the app, 3 white lines top right, and it's in the dropdown list click on ask wattbot (he or she might be undergoing brain surgery at the moment, so you may have to wait) type "message the team" and ask PP to raise a dispute and explain why. It might help if you also posted a photo of your meter with the reading showing. Disputes do take weeks to resolve so you'll need to be patient.
    Have you checked to see if the serial on your meter matches?
    Hi woz,

Many thanks

elret / Felix
  • hi elret or
    hi felix
    You're welcome
    Are you sure you didn't mistype when you submitted? That's big difference.
    Go to help in the app, 3 white lines top right, and it's in the dropdown list click on ask wattbot (he or she might be undergoing brain surgery at the moment, so you may have to wait) type "message the team" and ask PP to raise a dispute and explain why. It might help if you also posted a photo of your meter with the reading showing. Disputes do take weeks to resolve so you'll need to be patient.
    Have you checked to see if the serial on your meter matches?
    Hi woz,

Many thanks

elret / Felix

• hi elret or felix
    any update on this?
    Hi woz,

Many thanks

elret / Felix
  • hi elret or felix
    any update on this?
    Hi woz,

Many thanks

elret / Felix

• Hi woz,

Thanks - yes, the update is that indeed Pure Planet is now opening a Reading Dispute on my behalf so fingers crossed. Thanks ever so much for your help.

Many thanks

Felix
  • Hi woz,

Thanks - yes, the update is that indeed Pure Planet is now opening a Reading Dispute on my behalf so fingers crossed. Thanks ever so much for your help.

Many thanks

Felix