Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

• No google play

Hi, I have a rooted Android device.
    I do not have, nor I want to have, Google Play on it.
    Therefore, I'd need the apk file to install the app.
    How do I go about that?
    Thanks.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi, I have a rooted Android device.
    I do not have, nor I want to have, Google Play on it.
    Therefore, I'd need the apk file to install the app.
    How do I go about that?
    Thanks.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi @mbc
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting
    Without using Google Play alas it won't be possible for you to switch to us. We need our app to be stable and secure.
    Out of interest, why don't you want to use the Google Play app store?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @mbc
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting
    Without using Google Play alas it won't be possible for you to switch to us. We need our app to be stable and secure.
    Out of interest, why don't you want to use the Google Play app store?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Hello. I'd like to respond to both questions posed here:

1) Where might I obtain the APK?
    A search with a non-Google engine (DuckDuckGo) will reveal the answer! I found a copy of 7.16.1 on 'apkfollow'. It's a legitimate copy, as it bears the Google Play signature

I'm also very pleased to report the app appears to function correctly in the absence of the Google framework

2) Why not use Google?
    Ha ha. Sorry, it's still amusing! Phone battery life and digital privacy would be the main ones. I'm not sure which one I value most, either way I demand more of both!

Google Play isn't the only verifiable / secure vehicle for app transmission. Please check F-Droid.org if you're interested in inviting the general public to contribute to your app development. It's a fully mature distribution system to cater to open-source demands
  • Hello. I'd like to respond to both questions posed here:

1) Where might I obtain the APK?
    A search with a non-Google engine (DuckDuckGo) will reveal the answer! I found a copy of 7.16.1 on 'apkfollow'. It's a legitimate copy, as it bears the Google Play signature

I'm also very pleased to report the app appears to function correctly in the absence of the Google framework

2) Why not use Google?
    Ha ha. Sorry, it's still amusing! Phone battery life and digital privacy would be the main ones. I'm not sure which one I value most, either way I demand more of both!

Google Play isn't the only verifiable / secure vehicle for app transmission. Please check F-Droid.org if you're interested in inviting the general public to contribute to your app development. It's a fully mature distribution system to cater to open-source demands