Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

• Switching query

Hi.

I'm considering switching over to Pure Planet. Our current supplier is Ovo, and since we had smart meters installed last summer our bills have rocketed.

I called to have them removed, and they will charge £60 to remove the electric, and £120 to remove the gas meter and install old meters again. Daylight robbery.

What would the procedure be with these meters if we switch over to PP? Are they the property of Ovo? Would they be removed by the supplier? I haven't got a clue about how to deal with this in a switch, and I'm loathed to spend £180 to get them taken out.

I don't want smart meters. I want to go back to old meters and submit readings each month. The only reason we have them in now is I was working abroad and my wife was advised they would be easier for her. We know now that isn't the case.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi.

I'm considering switching over to Pure Planet. Our current supplier is Ovo, and since we had smart meters installed last summer our bills have rocketed.

I called to have them removed, and they will charge £60 to remove the electric, and £120 to remove the gas meter and install old meters again. Daylight robbery.

What would the procedure be with these meters if we switch over to PP? Are they the property of Ovo? Would they be removed by the supplier? I haven't got a clue about how to deal with this in a switch, and I'm loathed to spend £180 to get them taken out.

I don't want smart meters. I want to go back to old meters and submit readings each month. The only reason we have them in now is I was working abroad and my wife was advised they would be easier for her. We know now that isn't the case.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi @nick england and welcome

First comment, when you switch to Pure, the meters will stay the same even though OVO installed them. BUT, you would need to manually read them each month and submit the readings as they will not be automatically sent to a new supplier.

I thought though that smart meters were a one way street and once you had them you could not revert back. Its interesting though that for a fee OVO will do it.

If it was me, I would keep them and just manually submit the readings. You may also be interested in the "smart meter" link in the top banner of every Pure page for the next generation of meters.

Good luck
  • Hi @nick england and welcome

First comment, when you switch to Pure, the meters will stay the same even though OVO installed them. BUT, you would need to manually read them each month and submit the readings as they will not be automatically sent to a new supplier.

I thought though that smart meters were a one way street and once you had them you could not revert back. Its interesting though that for a fee OVO will do it.

If it was me, I would keep them and just manually submit the readings. You may also be interested in the "smart meter" link in the top banner of every Pure page for the next generation of meters.

Good luck

• I have a smart meter installed by my last supplier,but I just read it and send to pure planet.
  • I have a smart meter installed by my last supplier,but I just read it and send to pure planet.

• Nick.

Not being funny mate but having smart meters or the old fashioned type will no way increase your bills. All meters do is measure useage and both types will measure the same volume of energy.whether smart or not.

Did your tariff come to an end at the same time the new meters were put in perhaps?

Ovos smart meters will not work smart with pp anyway . You will have to send a manual reading just like before smarts were fitted anyway.

Michael
  • Nick.

Not being funny mate but having smart meters or the old fashioned type will no way increase your bills. All meters do is measure useage and both types will measure the same volume of energy.whether smart or not.

Did your tariff come to an end at the same time the new meters were put in perhaps?

Ovos smart meters will not work smart with pp anyway . You will have to send a manual reading just like before smarts were fitted anyway.

Michael

• Hi all, I switched last year around august time from ovo to pure planet. Also i was made to believe pure planet does everything. I have been sending monthly readings no problems. 2 months ago a chap called to read my meter he was an in dependent reader for the national grid i think he said. Anyway he read the electric meter and left. I can not remember how long after a man came wanting to read the electric meter for OVO i said i was not with them anymore so he made a note of it on his machine and left. Since then i have gone on to my old ovo account. They have not received a meter reading for awhile and i am in credit of £45.00 but when i changed to pure planet ovo refunded over £100 as i was well in credit. So i have tried to contact them. Also pure planet. I have not heard from either. What am i best doing. Thank you. Sue

- - - Updated - - -

Hi , IS THERE ANYONE THERE TO READ MY PREVIOUS POST. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO. THANK YOU. SUE1961
  • Hi all, I switched last year around august time from ovo to pure planet. Also i was made to believe pure planet does everything. I have been sending monthly readings no problems. 2 months ago a chap called to read my meter he was an in dependent reader for the national grid i think he said. Anyway he read the electric meter and left. I can not remember how long after a man came wanting to read the electric meter for OVO i said i was not with them anymore so he made a note of it on his machine and left. Since then i have gone on to my old ovo account. They have not received a meter reading for awhile and i am in credit of £45.00 but when i changed to pure planet ovo refunded over £100 as i was well in credit. So i have tried to contact them. Also pure planet. I have not heard from either. What am i best doing. Thank you. Sue

- - - Updated - - -

Hi , IS THERE ANYONE THERE TO READ MY PREVIOUS POST. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO. THANK YOU. SUE1961