Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

• Switching query

Hi.

I'm considering switching over to Pure Planet. Our current supplier is Ovo, and since we had smart meters installed last summer our bills have rocketed.

I called to have them removed, and they will charge £60 to remove the electric, and £120 to remove the gas meter and install old meters again. Daylight robbery.

What would the procedure be with these meters if we switch over to PP? Are they the property of Ovo? Would they be removed by the supplier? I haven't got a clue about how to deal with this in a switch, and I'm loathed to spend £180 to get them taken out.

I don't want smart meters. I want to go back to old meters and submit readings each month. The only reason we have them in now is I was working abroad and my wife was advised they would be easier for her. We know now that isn't the case.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi.

I'm considering switching over to Pure Planet. Our current supplier is Ovo, and since we had smart meters installed last summer our bills have rocketed.

I called to have them removed, and they will charge £60 to remove the electric, and £120 to remove the gas meter and install old meters again. Daylight robbery.

What would the procedure be with these meters if we switch over to PP? Are they the property of Ovo? Would they be removed by the supplier? I haven't got a clue about how to deal with this in a switch, and I'm loathed to spend £180 to get them taken out.

I don't want smart meters. I want to go back to old meters and submit readings each month. The only reason we have them in now is I was working abroad and my wife was advised they would be easier for her. We know now that isn't the case.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick
    Tap below to see the best answer