• Ex Toto supply

I was a Toto customer until 25th October then switched to pure planet.i had a smart Meter installed in March.my closing gas reading with Toto on my final statement says 4524.this is confirmed through pure power app as start meter reading.in February ( before smart install) says 4026.my confusion comes in trying to figure out what and reading to now give in app.nearest I can get is in the 6thousand mark.i see figures coming up giving kWh and m3.can someone help me as I'm 70 years old.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I was a Toto customer until 25th October then switched to pure planet.i had a smart Meter installed in March.my closing gas reading with Toto on my final statement says 4524.this is confirmed through pure power app as start meter reading.in February ( before smart install) says 4026.my confusion comes in trying to figure out what and reading to now give in app.nearest I can get is in the 6thousand mark.i see figures coming up giving kWh and m3.can someone help me as I'm 70 years old.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi @Terry goodall
    and @
    Marc
    Sorry to intervene here but I disagree with what's been written so far.The reading for the GAS should be entered in cubic metres NOT in kWh, the meter can't calculate kWh unless it presumes calorific value, and it's not that smart (even if it was at one stage and it won't be up to date now).
    If the readings have been given in kWh this will need to be corrected - it's wrong.
    It's highly unlikely that TOTO would agree a kwh reading for gas end reading unless they are stupid (although never say never)
    This should be fairly easy to correct at this stage, you need to send a cubic metre reading to PP,and it can be worked back by calculation.
    Also it seems very unlikely that after 8 months or so of having a new gas meter it's reading 4500 m^3 unless it didn't start at zero. It sounds like toto havent updated your meter on their system.
    If you've had a final bill from Toto that should have your final reading in cubic metres on it
    If not now is the time to try and correct it.

(Also Terry not sure if you know about the Priority Services Register (click on my account in the app and scroll to bottom), if you ever find it too much to read your meter you can go on the register and you won't need to read it! It sounds like you're managing fine at the moment.)
    Last edited by woz; 13-11-18 at 21:33.
  • hi @Terry goodall
    and @
    Marc
    Sorry to intervene here but I disagree with what's been written so far.The reading for the GAS should be entered in cubic metres NOT in kWh, the meter can't calculate kWh unless it presumes calorific value, and it's not that smart (even if it was at one stage and it won't be up to date now).
    If the readings have been given in kWh this will need to be corrected - it's wrong.
    It's highly unlikely that TOTO would agree a kwh reading for gas end reading unless they are stupid (although never say never)
    This should be fairly easy to correct at this stage, you need to send a cubic metre reading to PP,and it can be worked back by calculation.
    Also it seems very unlikely that after 8 months or so of having a new gas meter it's reading 4500 m^3 unless it didn't start at zero. It sounds like toto havent updated your meter on their system.
    If you've had a final bill from Toto that should have your final reading in cubic metres on it
    If not now is the time to try and correct it.

(Also Terry not sure if you know about the Priority Services Register (click on my account in the app and scroll to bottom), if you ever find it too much to read your meter you can go on the register and you won't need to read it! It sounds like you're managing fine at the moment.)

• Best Answer

Terry

When you press the number ‘9’ on the smart meter keyboard it comes up with the word ‘VOLUME’ and then shows your meter reading in m3.

As Woz has said in an earlier post (and contrary to what may have indicated, apologies) the m3 reading it what you would normally submit as your gas reading. From your video it looks like your current gas meter reading is 00652 m3.

Hope this now helps

TonyMcH

Quote Originally Posted by Terry goodall View Post
    hello woz.ive registered for the priority list and meter will be read for me every qtr.if you can still assist me as i,d still like to get my haed around how to read the meter.in line with the info you have supplied.my nephew as taken a 30 second video of the readings that come up when i press the number 9.any help you can give on what number i can supply as a reading to be accurate on my bill would be appreciated
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wrtrvhk5s...61122.mp4?dl=0
  • Terry

When you press the number ‘9’ on the smart meter keyboard it comes up with the word ‘VOLUME’ and then shows your meter reading in m3.

As Woz has said in an earlier post (and contrary to what may have indicated, apologies) the m3 reading it what you would normally submit as your gas reading. From your video it looks like your current gas meter reading is 00652 m3.

Hope this now helps

TonyMcH

hello woz.ive registered for the priority list and meter will be read for me every qtr.if you can still assist me as i,d still like to get my haed around how to read the meter.in line with the info you have supplied.my nephew as taken a 30 second video of the readings that come up when i press the number 9.any help you can give on what number i can supply as a reading to be accurate on my bill would be appreciated

• Terry

I can understand how confusing this can be. To help understand whether your gas meter is recording kWh or m3 can I ask how much you normally pay by DD each month ?. If I’ve read your post correctly it looks like you have used about 1500 units since the 25th October. If the units are recording KWH then this is about £40 of gas used. If the units are m3 then this would be equivalent to £450 used.

If you use around £40 per month then you should enter 6000 kWh in the app as your meter reading and send to PP.

If it’s £450 per month usage then message us back and we will help further.

TonyMcH
  • Terry

I can understand how confusing this can be. To help understand whether your gas meter is recording kWh or m3 can I ask how much you normally pay by DD each month ?. If I’ve read your post correctly it looks like you have used about 1500 units since the 25th October. If the units are recording KWH then this is about £40 of gas used. If the units are m3 then this would be equivalent to £450 used.

If you use around £40 per month then you should enter 6000 kWh in the app as your meter reading and send to PP.

TonyMcH

• Ah bless Terry 💕
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Ah bless Terry 💕
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

• Thank you for the reply.my bill usually runs at 91 pound per month for electricity and gas combined.i assume the old meter was imperial and posted readings several months apart to show that I've used 600 units in 8 months .so your assumption is correct in that suddenly I have used triple that in 3 weeks.unsure as to how to enter either kilowatt hours or cubic meter readings on the app.it just tells me my previous imperial?? Reading.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMcH View Post
    Terry

TonyMcH
    Hope you get my reply
  • Thank you for the reply.my bill usually runs at 91 pound per month for electricity and gas combined.i assume the old meter was imperial and posted readings several months apart to show that I've used 600 units in 8 months .so your assumption is correct in that suddenly I have used triple that in 3 weeks.unsure as to how to enter either kilowatt hours or cubic meter readings on the app.it just tells me my previous imperial?? Reading.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMcH View Post
    Terry

TonyMcH
    Hope you get my reply

• Terry

Thanks for coming back to me...if you are using £91 per month combined gas + elec then the reading looks like it is in KWH. Your previous opening reading was 4524 KWH and your latest reading would be nearly 6000 KWH - therefore you should submit the 6000 into the PP app as the reading. This will be just under £50 (including your membership fee but excluding your elec costs). I also had a look at the TOTO Energy smart metering guide and it does seem to indicate units as KWH.

@Marc - could Terry’s account be monitored to ensure all is ok with units/monthly costs ?

Thanks

TonyMcH
    Last edited by TonyMcH; 13-11-18 at 20:47. Reason: Spelling
  • Terry

Thanks for coming back to me...if you are using £91 per month combined gas + elec then the reading looks like it is in KWH. Your previous opening reading was 4524 KWH and your latest reading would be nearly 6000 KWH - therefore you should submit the 6000 into the PP app as the reading. This will be just under £50 (including your membership fee but excluding your elec costs). I also had a look at the TOTO Energy smart metering guide and it does seem to indicate units as KWH.

@Marc - could Terry’s account be monitored to ensure all is ok with units/monthly costs ?

Thanks

TonyMcH

• Hi @Terry goodall
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting
    Nice one @TonyMcH @Bev @woz for helping out a new member.

Make sure you've filled in our Priority Services Register as @woz has suggested.
    More info on PSR here from our FAQs section. You'll find it in the app under Menu > Account

We also have some info on how gas is measured which may help. The numbers from your gas meter you submit to us are cubic metres and we use the calculation I just linked to, to show them as kWh in your monthly statement.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @Terry goodall
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting
    Nice one @TonyMcH @Bev @woz for helping out a new member.

Make sure you've filled in our Priority Services Register as @woz has suggested.
    More info on PSR here from our FAQs section. You'll find it in the app under Menu > Account

We also have some info on how gas is measured which may help. The numbers from your gas meter you submit to us are cubic metres and we use the calculation I just linked to, to show them as kWh in your monthly statement.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Hi Terry, great to have you on board with Pure Planet. Sounds as though you’re on the right track with some great advice from community members. I’ve personally benefited from reading community comments so keep posting here if in any doubt. Your not alone, take care.
  • Hi Terry, great to have you on board with Pure Planet. Sounds as though you’re on the right track with some great advice from community members. I’ve personally benefited from reading community comments so keep posting here if in any doubt. Your not alone, take care.

• hello woz.ive registered for the priority list and meter will be read for me every qtr.if you can still assist me as i,d still like to get my haed around how to read the meter.in line with the info you have supplied.my nephew as taken a 30 second video of the readings that come up when i press the number 9.any help you can give on what number i can supply as a reading to be accurate on my bill would be appreciated
  • hello woz.ive registered for the priority list and meter will be read for me every qtr.if you can still assist me as i,d still like to get my haed around how to read the meter.in line with the info you have supplied.my nephew as taken a 30 second video of the readings that come up when i press the number 9.any help you can give on what number i can supply as a reading to be accurate on my bill would be appreciated

• Hi Terry, apologies for the late reply, I was working (a rare luxury these days), but it looks like Tony has answered the question, and yes it's the figure after Volume 652. That makes a lot more sense, it will have started at around zero when the meter was changed, which means that since March or in about 8 months you've used 652 cubic metres or around 7300kWh.
    Since that was the warm period my guess is you'll be using about 16 to 18,000kWh in a year. (it's a guess depends on the weather
    Do you remember or have your quote?
    Nice video by the way but the plot was bit short!

• Hi Terry, apologies for the late reply, I was working (a rare luxury these days), but it looks like Tony has answered the question, and yes it's the figure after Volume 652. That makes a lot more sense, it will have started at around zero when the meter was changed, which means that since March or in about 8 months you've used 652 cubic metres or around 7300kWh.
    Since that was the warm period my guess is you'll be using about 16 to 18,000kWh in a year. (it's a guess depends on the weather
    Do you remember or have your quote?
    Nice video by the way but the plot was bit short!