• I have two meters - how to i submit both readings?

I have two different meters at my address so I don't know how I can submit both readings. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I have two different meters at my address so I don't know how I can submit both readings. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

There are many situations throughout the UK where more than one meter is installed or more than one MPAN exists for a particular property. More often than not this is for 'historic' reasons (two properties being combined into one; customer initially had a single standard supply and then had E7 installed and the electricity company decided to fit an additional meter as opposed to a combined one).

In these circumstances the MPAS concerned will see these recorded as being linked - thereby alleviating the requirement to pay seperate standing charges.

The problem is that the administration systems of many of the relatively new entrants to the UK Gas and Electricity market are not configured to accept more than one MPAN when setting up an account.

I dont know whether PP has set themselves up to accept two meters for one property but I’m sure the PP team will be able to help

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi Tony, that not necessarily the case, see jon1's reply. If it's E7 it MAY be the case but E7 is rarely 2 separate meters, although it could be.
  • There are many situations throughout the UK where more than one meter is installed or more than one MPAN exists for a particular property. More often than not this is for 'historic' reasons (two properties being combined into one; customer initially had a single standard supply and then had E7 installed and the electricity company decided to fit an additional meter as opposed to a combined one).

In these circumstances the MPAS concerned will see these recorded as being linked - thereby alleviating the requirement to pay seperate standing charges.

The problem is that the administration systems of many of the relatively new entrants to the UK Gas and Electricity market are not configured to accept more than one MPAN when setting up an account.

I dont know whether PP has set themselves up to accept two meters for one property but I’m sure the PP team will be able to help

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi Tony, that not necessarily the case, see jon1's reply. If it's E7 it MAY be the case but E7 is rarely 2 separate meters, although it could be.

• Brooklyn

How did you submit them to your previous supplier ?....did they both appear on your previous bills ?....if the answer is yes than they should both be captured as part of the switch process.

If in doubt go to the Help section of the PP app, find WattBott and type in ‘message the team’ and explain your problem. The PP team will normally respond within 48hrs.

Hope you get sorted soon.

TonyMcH
  • Brooklyn

How did you submit them to your previous supplier ?....did they both appear on your previous bills ?....if the answer is yes than they should both be captured as part of the switch process.

If in doubt go to the Help section of the PP app, find WattBott and type in ‘message the team’ and explain your problem. The PP team will normally respond within 48hrs.

Hope you get sorted soon.

TonyMcH

• Hello brooklyn.
    Firstly why do you have 2 meters? If its because you have economy 7 then one is the day reading and one is the night reading.
    Are you an actual PP customer yet or are you just looking or just started a switch? If your PP acct is live what readings appear on the app under usage.

If you have 2 electric supplies to your property ( which i have) then you need to have 2 accts as each meter needs its own acct.
  • Hello brooklyn.
    Firstly why do you have 2 meters? If its because you have economy 7 then one is the day reading and one is the night reading.
    Are you an actual PP customer yet or are you just looking or just started a switch? If your PP acct is live what readings appear on the app under usage.

If you have 2 electric supplies to your property ( which i have) then you need to have 2 accts as each meter needs its own acct.

• Hi @Brooklyn38 , can you explain more about your two meters? Was your property once two houses?
  • Hi @Brooklyn38 , can you explain more about your two meters? Was your property once two houses?

• hi Tony, that not necessarily the case, see jon1's reply. If it's E7 it MAY be the case but E7 is rarely 2 separate meters, although it could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyMcH View Post
    Brooklyn

TonyMcH
  • hi Tony, that not necessarily the case, see jon1's reply. If it's E7 it MAY be the case but E7 is rarely 2 separate meters, although it could be.
    Brooklyn

TonyMcH

• Thanks for the clarification Tony.
    I know that PP say they don't take on multiple meters, it's more a case of the app isn't geared up for it unless it's actually E7 and you're classed as E7, so if for example you had 2 meters, and you were on E10, PP would not take it on, neither would they if the 2 meters were linked on a database and were not E7, but merely one rate each (CAVEAT that is as far as I know).
    There are many situations throughout the UK where more than one meter is installed or more than one MPAN exists for a particular property. More often than not this is for 'historic' reasons (two properties being combined into one; customer initially had a single standard supply and then had E7 installed and the electricity company decided to fit an additional meter as opposed to a combined one).

• Thanks for the clarification Tony.
    I know that PP say they don't take on multiple meters, it's more a case of the app isn't geared up for it unless it's actually E7 and you're classed as E7, so if for example you had 2 meters, and you were on E10, PP would not take it on, neither would they if the 2 meters were linked on a database and were not E7, but merely one rate each (CAVEAT that is as far as I know).