• Quote Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
    Does this mean we still have to wait a long time for 2nd generation to get to all of us?
    Hi @Lynk
    Not too long I hope. Once the early testing from pilots is done we'll look to get them to all Members ASAP.
    This is, of course, assuming that the testing doesn't find any issues. And like other suppliers there may be some constraints through the speed at which they're being manufactured.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
    Does this mean we still have to wait a long time for 2nd generation to get to all of us?
    Hi @Lynk
    Not too long I hope. Once the early testing from pilots is done we'll look to get them to all Members ASAP.
    This is, of course, assuming that the testing doesn't find any issues. And like other suppliers there may be some constraints through the speed at which they're being manufactured.

• Hi, happy to be part of the trial, based in Ruislip HA4 (I already have SMETS1 meters which have now gone dumb as I left the supplier).
  • Hi, happy to be part of the trial, based in Ruislip HA4 (I already have SMETS1 meters which have now gone dumb as I left the supplier).

• I'll be in touch v soon @Gmac
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post
    Hi Marc , when will we know who is involved in the test? Sorry if I’ve missed the info. Many thanks and Happy Christmas to all!

• I'll be in touch v soon @Gmac
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post
    Hi Marc , when will we know who is involved in the test? Sorry if I’ve missed the info. Many thanks and Happy Christmas to all!

• Hi, interested if you're still looking for volunteers. We're in Kent, running a B&B...a smart meter would definitely make life easier!
  • Hi, interested if you're still looking for volunteers. We're in Kent, running a B&B...a smart meter would definitely make life easier!

• Good evening @MrSmart; @michaelc; @Oakbank; @JennyR68; @Angelabikerbabe; @G4RHL; @Jowl; @Duppy; @Suepal; @Orchcott; @TAG931; @mburns61; @tonyp; @Tech; @Natcall; @Craig Aucott; @Gilio; @thisperson; @Gmac; @MarkACE; @Tracy65; @richard brear; @paulab57; @Grawine; @Qlmac; @Bernie; @Tspalding48; @Dmacfife; @Eric Ian; @DrRobin; @Deegee24; @Bailey 1972

Nice one for offering! Just a heads-up that I've sent you a DM with a little bit more info

• Good evening @MrSmart; @michaelc; @Oakbank; @JennyR68; @Angelabikerbabe; @G4RHL; @Jowl; @Duppy; @Suepal; @Orchcott; @TAG931; @mburns61; @tonyp; @Tech; @Natcall; @Craig Aucott; @Gilio; @thisperson; @Gmac; @MarkACE; @Tracy65; @richard brear; @paulab57; @Grawine; @Qlmac; @Bernie; @Tspalding48; @Dmacfife; @Eric Ian; @DrRobin; @Deegee24; @Bailey 1972

Nice one for offering! Just a heads-up that I've sent you a DM with a little bit more info

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Good evening @MrSmart; @michaelc; @Oakbank; @JennyR68; @Angelabikerbabe; @G4RHL; @Jowl; @Duppy; @Suepal; @Orchcott; @TAG931; @mburns61; @tonyp; @Tech; @Natcall; @Craig Aucott; @Gilio; @thisperson; @Gmac; @MarkACE; @Tracy65; @richard brear; @paulab57; @Grawine; @Qlmac; @Bernie; @Tspalding48; @Dmacfife; @Eric Ian; @DrRobin; @Deegee24; @Bailey 1972

Great stuff. Have replied to DM and hoping we are good to go. What type of SMART are we installing? Secure meters??
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Good evening @MrSmart; @michaelc; @Oakbank; @JennyR68; @Angelabikerbabe; @G4RHL; @Jowl; @Duppy; @Suepal; @Orchcott; @TAG931; @mburns61; @tonyp; @Tech; @Natcall; @Craig Aucott; @Gilio; @thisperson; @Gmac; @MarkACE; @Tracy65; @richard brear; @paulab57; @Grawine; @Qlmac; @Bernie; @Tspalding48; @Dmacfife; @Eric Ian; @DrRobin; @Deegee24; @Bailey 1972

Great stuff. Have replied to DM and hoping we are good to go. What type of SMART are we installing? Secure meters??

• hi Dmacfife
    this isn't intended to be sarcastic, but do you mean as opposed to insecure meters?
    I thought they were all supposed to be 'secure' unless you're referring to a particular type?
    They are smets2 type meters, the energy data stored on the meter is encrypted and no personal details (names,addresses, bank details) are stored on the meters.
    Furthermore energy providers will need your permission to use the data for anything other than billing you (such as marketing etc.)
    (My reply is not an endorsement of smart meters)

There is more info HERE and HERE

Name:  Smetssecurity.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  100.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dmacfife View Post
    Last edited by woz; 24-01-19 at 23:52.
  • hi Dmacfife
    this isn't intended to be sarcastic, but do you mean as opposed to insecure meters?
    I thought they were all supposed to be 'secure' unless you're referring to a particular type?
    They are smets2 type meters, the energy data stored on the meter is encrypted and no personal details (names,addresses, bank details) are stored on the meters.
    Furthermore energy providers will need your permission to use the data for anything other than billing you (such as marketing etc.)
    (My reply is not an endorsement of smart meters)

Quote Originally Posted by Dmacfife View Post

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi Dmacfife

No secure are a manufacturer. So I was wondering if we were Secure meters. Does that help??
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi Dmacfife

No secure are a manufacturer. So I was wondering if we were Secure meters. Does that help??

• hi dmacfife
    haha..I wondered if that's what you meant!
    aka "Liberty" which is why my search failed first time
    I'm curious as to why you ask?
    Not sure who the manufacturer are - @mr smart may know more?
    Last edited by woz; 24-01-19 at 23:58.
  • hi dmacfife
    haha..I wondered if that's what you meant!
    aka "Liberty" which is why my search failed first time
    I'm curious as to why you ask?
    Not sure who the manufacturer are - @mr smart may know more?

• New customer in London here - happy to be part of trial.
  • New customer in London here - happy to be part of trial.

• I would like to be part of the trial
  • I would like to be part of the trial

• Hi Mark.

We would love to take part in your smart meter trial.

Regards
    David Law
  • Hi Mark.

We would love to take part in your smart meter trial.

Regards
    David Law

• I’d be happy to test the snart meter in Newport Gwent
  • I’d be happy to test the snart meter in Newport Gwent

• Sure I already posted in this thread somewhere but I would love to be part of the trial of the smart meters. I am based in SW Scotland, small rural area, perfect place to test the network
  • Sure I already posted in this thread somewhere but I would love to be part of the trial of the smart meters. I am based in SW Scotland, small rural area, perfect place to test the network

• Would love to take part
  • Would love to take part

• 👋🏻 Yes please... North Yorkshire
  • 👋🏻 Yes please... North Yorkshire

• I'm new to Pure Planet and would like to have a SMETS2 meter asap for our rented house in Bath, please let me know if/when!
    Thanks ..
    John
  • I'm new to Pure Planet and would like to have a SMETS2 meter asap for our rented house in Bath, please let me know if/when!
    Thanks ..
    John

• I’d love to take part in the smets2 trial. I’m in Coventry.
    Thanks
  • I’d love to take part in the smets2 trial. I’m in Coventry.
    Thanks

• Hi Marc, Im in Ripley Derby, first time user and wouldnt mind trying out this smart meter too please.
    If its going to work out cheaper :-)
  • Hi Marc, Im in Ripley Derby, first time user and wouldnt mind trying out this smart meter too please.
    If its going to work out cheaper :-)

• I'd like to volunteer for the trial if you are still looking for volunteers.

I'm in NP12 area.
  • I'd like to volunteer for the trial if you are still looking for volunteers.

I'm in NP12 area.