• first payment

I switched to pure planet and paid my first month in advance. however I also paid the monthly bill to the previous supplier just before the switch. so in affect any saving for the year is gone. Will I get money back from the previous supplier?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I switched to pure planet and paid my first month in advance. however I also paid the monthly bill to the previous supplier just before the switch. so in affect any saving for the year is gone. Will I get money back from the previous supplier?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi king james
    yes, but it can take up to 6 weeks for your previous supplier to settle the final bill.(could be less could be more)
    I suggest you contact the previous supplier and if you're in reasonable credit with them ask them to reduce the direct debit to as low as possible.
    You won't pay for the same energy twice, and it has nothing to do with the savings, that's just the way the system works.
  • hi king james
    yes, but it can take up to 6 weeks for your previous supplier to settle the final bill.(could be less could be more)
    I suggest you contact the previous supplier and if you're in reasonable credit with them ask them to reduce the direct debit to as low as possible.
    You won't pay for the same energy twice, and it has nothing to do with the savings, that's just the way the system works.

• Best Answer

You are right that it is 6 weeks for the final bill and then the old supplier is allowed 14 days to actually give you the money. My previous supplier PfP Energy was pretty good, taking less than half the allotted time to action this.
    Last edited by Lenny; 12-11-18 at 10:48. Reason: error
  • You are right that it is 6 weeks for the final bill and then the old supplier is allowed 14 days to actually give you the money. My previous supplier PfP Energy was pretty good, taking less than half the allotted time to action this.

• Your old supplier will raise a final bill based on the reading you gave to your new supplier. If you are in credit with your old supplier they will refund you accordingly, but they are allowed up to 8 weeks to do so.
  • Your old supplier will raise a final bill based on the reading you gave to your new supplier. If you are in credit with your old supplier they will refund you accordingly, but they are allowed up to 8 weeks to do so.

• Hi Lenny
    I believe it's 6 weeks, not 8 but yes it takes as long as it takes..
    > LINK
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Your old supplier will raise a final bill based on the reading you gave to your new supplier. If you are in credit with your old supplier they will refund you accordingly, but they are allowed up to 8 weeks to do so.
    Last edited by woz; 10-11-18 at 17:08.
  • Hi Lenny
    I believe it's 6 weeks, not 8 but yes it takes as long as it takes..
    > LINK
    Your old supplier will raise a final bill based on the reading you gave to your new supplier. If you are in credit with your old supplier they will refund you accordingly, but they are allowed up to 8 weeks to do so.

• yep, it can be done quickly, you were lucky - I'd like to see Ofgem halve the time (or less) and make it mandatory, with fines unless they can show a legit reason for not finalising.(there are legitimate reasons but most of the time they simply take the time because they can)
    You are right that it is 6 weeks for the final bill and then the old supplier is allowed 14 days to actually give you the money. My previous supplier PfP Energy was pretty good, taking less than half the allotted time to action this.
    Last edited by woz; 12-11-18 at 23:36. Reason: beansprouts
  • yep, it can be done quickly, you were lucky - I'd like to see Ofgem halve the time (or less) and make it mandatory, with fines unless they can show a legit reason for not finalising.(there are legitimate reasons but most of the time they simply take the time because they can)

• You are correct PP arrange DD in advance as advised in their joining terms.

And as per industry terms when you leave the final bill can take up to six weeks.

I won't even attempt to "guess" how long it will take for my current provider to stump what they will owe me!

Now looking forward to supporting PP.
  • You are correct PP arrange DD in advance as advised in their joining terms.

And as per industry terms when you leave the final bill can take up to six weeks.

I won't even attempt to "guess" how long it will take for my current provider to stump what they will owe me!

• I'd suggest you ask your previous supplier to reduce the DD to as low as possible.

This overlap issue really ****** me off, because those who can least afford it are the most disadvantaged (as it is and always will be), there should be a supercomplaint made to Ofgem.

Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    You are correct PP arrange DD in advance as advised in their joining terms.

• I'd suggest you ask your previous supplier to reduce the DD to as low as possible.

This overlap issue really ****** me off, because those who can least afford it are the most disadvantaged (as it is and always will be), there should be a supercomplaint made to Ofgem.

Quote Originally Posted by Strutt G View Post
    You are correct PP arrange DD in advance as advised in their joining terms.