• Quote Originally Posted by neilball View Post
    I do live in scotland so it is much colder here than it is down on England, and I also make full use of heat and AC (I’m not one of the sadists who will runnwith no heating in the car to eek out the maximum mileage) - so that’s heated seats, heated steering wheel, and a cabin temp of 22 degrees in winter.

I believe it's more battery efficient to use the heated seats instead of increasing the overall temperature
    Community Manager - Pure Planet.

• Quote Originally Posted by neilball View Post
    I do live in scotland so it is much colder here than it is down on England, and I also make full use of heat and AC (I’m not one of the sadists who will runnwith no heating in the car to eek out the maximum mileage) - so that’s heated seats, heated steering wheel, and a cabin temp of 22 degrees in winter.

I believe it's more battery efficient to use the heated seats instead of increasing the overall temperature
  • While it’s certainly more efficient to use seat heating rather than heating the cabin I don’t enjoy driving in heavy cold weather gear including hat and gloves so I’m happy to trade some range for my comfort 👍
  • While it’s certainly more efficient to use seat heating rather than heating the cabin I don’t enjoy driving in heavy cold weather gear including hat and gloves so I’m happy to trade some range for my comfort 👍
  • Hi @Marc,

I endured a freezing trip to work at 6:30 AM the other day when it was -2C. The Leaf drove fine and I still got around 3.5 miles/kWh, which is decent. What was an issue was that the front cameras/sensors weren't behaving very well - I was getting alerts on the dashboard that vehicle detection wasn't working properly so I couldn't use the adaptive cruise control. There was another light flashing a warning, too, but I never got round to looking it up and can't remember what it was now.

However, later in the day (when it got above zero) everything was working fine again.
  • Hi @Marc,

I endured a freezing trip to work at 6:30 AM the other day when it was -2C. The Leaf drove fine and I still got around 3.5 miles/kWh, which is decent. What was an issue was that the front cameras/sensors weren't behaving very well - I was getting alerts on the dashboard that vehicle detection wasn't working properly so I couldn't use the adaptive cruise control. There was another light flashing a warning, too, but I never got round to looking it up and can't remember what it was now.

However, later in the day (when it got above zero) everything was working fine again.
  • Thanks @MikeZ
    Well as my Leaf is due to turn up next month I'll have some cold mornings to find out what happens!
    I guess freezing temps will also affect cameras/sensors on ICE cars too, not just EVs?
    BTW 3.5 miles per kWh in -2C sounds pretty good!

• Thanks @MikeZ
    Well as my Leaf is due to turn up next month I'll have some cold mornings to find out what happens!
    I guess freezing temps will also affect cameras/sensors on ICE cars too, not just EVs?
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Thanks @MikeZ
    Yeah, that's true - my old Golf used to moan about the tailgate not being properly closed when it was icy

It was -1 this morning and everything worked fine. Got 3.4 miles/kWh this time. It's great being able to pre-heat and just get in and drive while the neighbours are busy scraping their windscreens
    Thanks @MikeZ
    Yeah, that's true - my old Golf used to moan about the tailgate not being properly closed when it was icy

It was -1 this morning and everything worked fine. Got 3.4 miles/kWh this time. It's great being able to pre-heat and just get in and drive while the neighbours are busy scraping their windscreens
  • Quote Originally Posted by MikeZ View Post
    It's great being able to pre-heat and just get in and drive while the neighbours are busy scraping their windscreens
    Ha, yes indeed I am definitely looking forward to that.
    I've been advised (in this community I think!) that if the car's been on charge overnight, to leave it plugged in while warming the car up first thing in the morning.

• Quote Originally Posted by MikeZ View Post
    It's great being able to pre-heat and just get in and drive while the neighbours are busy scraping their windscreens
    I've been advised (in this community I think!) that if the car's been on charge overnight, to leave it plugged in while warming the car up first thing in the morning.
    I've been charging up at work rather than home because it's free, so I just activate the pre-heat without it being plugged in. In that case it only runs for 15 minutes but that's enough to defrost and make the car toasty. This morning it used 2% of the battery doing that, so not a massive amount.
    I've been charging up at work rather than home because it's free, so I just activate the pre-heat without it being plugged in. In that case it only runs for 15 minutes but that's enough to defrost and make the car toasty. This morning it used 2% of the battery doing that, so not a massive amount.

Maybe.. but it won't do much for your sperm count though...

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post